collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: CNN "Trophy" show  (Read 3957 times)

Offline JJJ

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
CNN "Trophy" show
« on: January 14, 2018, 06:56:07 PM »
Anyone watching this show that is airing right now?-- should be an interesting topic.

Offline JJJ

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
Re: CNN "Trophy" show
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 07:02:22 PM »
It's on CNN right now, and will replay at 9:00 tonight...

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:02:49 PM »
Ok thanks
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 10:35:20 PM »
I flipped it on for about 3 minutes.  I could see where it was headed and so in keeping with my normal daily routine, re-instituted my boycott of CNN and turned off their liberal crap reporting.
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

Offline idaho guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 09:58:08 AM »
I flipped it on for about 3 minutes.  I could see where it was headed and so in keeping with my normal daily routine, re-instituted my boycott of CNN and turned off their liberal crap reporting.

:yeah: tuned in for about 3 mins also in about the middle and they had a guy drinking beer,cussing and smoking run up and shoot a crocodile in the head that was hooked and drug up on shore. I should have known but had to check. He said let me put my beer down! I watched long enough for him to ask "how much for one of those?" as they drove by lions in no more than and acre or 2 enclosure.  Wow as bad of a perspective as you could find and so far from a real hunting situation.   

Offline olyguy79

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »
:yeah: tuned in for about 3 mins also in about the middle and they had a guy drinking beer,cussing and smoking run up and shoot a crocodile in the head that was hooked and drug up on shore. I should have known but had to check. He said let me put my beer down! I watched long enough for him to ask "how much for one of those?" as they drove by lions in no more than and acre or 2 enclosure.  Wow as bad of a perspective as you could find and so far from a real hunting situation.
But unfortunately some people do consider that "hunting"

Offline JJJ

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 06:57:50 PM »
That’s why I posted this.... many of us come across a show like this and just flip the channel because we don’t like or agree with it. However, unfortunately, it IS going out to the general uniformed public whom then passes judgements and views from what they just watched. I feel it is our responsibility as hunters and managers of our wildlife to be aware of what is out there influencing the public view, and how best to respond to it.

Offline ribka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 07:34:27 PM »
That’s why I posted this.... many of us come across a show like this and just flip the channel because we don’t like or agree with it. However, unfortunately, it IS going out to the general uniformed public whom then passes judgements and views from what they just watched. I feel it is our responsibility as hunters and managers of our wildlife to be aware of what is out there influencing the public view, and how best to respond to it.

Best way to do this is prepare non hunters meals, delicious of course, and take them shhooting

Start with a .22 and make t fun. Ive converted quite a few urban non hunters over the years with misconceptions regarding hunting.

Whenever someone you knows makes a misconceived argument about hunters correct them and offer to show them the truth.
Most are open minded, some are so close minded and ignorant not worth trying but most people will. :tup:

Offline Seabass

• Scout
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 03:31:17 PM »
You pick the topic....I don't care what it is....I can tell you how CNN will report it without watching a second of it.

Offline fishnfur

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 11:26:46 AM »
You pick the topic....I don't care what it is....I can tell you how CNN will report it without watching a second of it.

:yeah:  And the type of people that watch CNN's crap are the people that will never listen to an argument against a topic with an open mind.  They believe they're watching the news, but what they are really getting is biased political commentary.
“When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.”  - Will Rogers

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Pairs by Dan-o
[Today at 08:15:34 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by pd
[Today at 07:31:15 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by trophyhunt
[Today at 07:20:21 PM]

Hunting Dog Memorial by Henrydog
[Today at 07:06:30 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 06:50:06 PM]