collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Will this pigeon trap work ?  (Read 6788 times)

Offline beardog51

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Re: Will this pigeon trap work ?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 10:56:40 PM »
Yes it will work I catch lots with a lot rougher traps. I make the doors a little bit smaller and one piece. I find that some times the bird will try to back out and stab a bob through the neck. I make my doors out of 1in x 1in wire i cut about 2 inch slot about 4 inches long than roll the sides in so the birds see an opening and go in but can't get out. If you would like I could send a picture of my doors. erpauley@yahoo.com Happy trapping.

Offline mtaylor

• Tracker
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 12:40:03 PM »
Check the trap often with that style of Bob door. They will figure out how to get out of there with it being on there level. Hawks can also get in easily. I use to use that style of trap for trapping for dog training but switched over to something else a while back.

What trap have you moved to? I set one up just like this and I had two pigeons escape yesterday, and this morning the only thing in the trap was blood and feathers.

MT

Offline beardog51

• Pilgrim
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 11:24:19 AM »
It will but some pigeons will start in and back out stabbing a bob through there neck. The best way to make a door is to cur some cage wire the a little larger than the door opening cur 1 inch out about 4 inches uo and roll the sides inward. I could send a pick if you want.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal