Author Topic: .223  (Read 4822 times)

Offline Biggerhammer

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
Re: .223
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018, 02:22:23 PM »
The Ruger Americans seem to be the gun to beat right now. I just don't like the action on them, all the one's I've felt have been gritty and rough.

I love the CZ 527s, but they're a step up in price over guns like the Axis, Ruger Predator and the other low cost guns.

:yeah:

If a person is looking for something in the price range of a new CZ 527 I don't think you'll be disappointed.  I've got three of them now, all in different cartridges, and for a off the shelf factory gun, they're sweet little rifles.

I really don't have much need for one but every time I see Yorke's little CZ 527 semi custom 6.5 Grendel, it makes me want one.  :tup:

I like Yorke's 527 Grendel. AKA "Village Bicycle". 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:31:45 PM by Biggerhammer »

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2018, 03:30:14 PM »
I keep thinking that I "need" a bolt action .223 as well.  I'd probably go with the Ruger American ranch because they are so easy to carry.  I don't care much for their magazine but I hear they are coming out with a new design.
Yes, the Ruger american series is being released now setup to take AR mags.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2018, 07:35:03 PM »
I keep thinking that I "need" a bolt action .223 as well.  I'd probably go with the Ruger American ranch because they are so easy to carry.  I don't care much for their magazine but I hear they are coming out with a new design.
This is a huge boon to any manufacture that accepts "standardized"  mags.  Ruger is smarter than most since they seem to have accepted mil spec mags for thier Scout series rifles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline lamrith

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/pelletpeddler/
    • Pellet Peddler LLC
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2018, 07:45:09 PM »
This is a huge boon to any manufacture that accepts "standardized"  mags.  Ruger is smarter than most since they seem to have accepted mil spec mags for thier Scout series rifles.

Mossberg kind of kicked it off a few years ago with teh MVP line, thankfully others are following suit.  Savage I believe has some on the way as well.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 09:11:07 PM »

Mossberg kind of kicked it off a few years ago with teh MVP line, thankfully others are following suit.  Savage I believe has some on the way as well.
It's just one of those things that makes sense. Even if you don't go theb30 mag route, that a guy with a bolt gun wouldnt need, there are so many manufactures that offer 5,10,20 rounders that do make sense. And... for really cheap.  Some of the big negatives for "New guns" is the cost and availability of magazines.  When you base off the ar 15 ar 10 you have the mil spec supply chain to support the gun purchase.

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline b23

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2018, 01:00:21 AM »
The Ruger Americans seem to be the gun to beat right now. I just don't like the action on them, all the one's I've felt have been gritty and rough.

I love the CZ 527s, but they're a step up in price over guns like the Axis, Ruger Predator and the other low cost guns.

If a person is looking for something in the price range of a new CZ 527 I don't think you'll be disappointed.  I've got three of them now, all in different cartridges, and for a off the shelf factory gun, they're sweet little rifles.

I really don't have much need for one but every time I see Yorke's little CZ 527 semi custom 6.5 Grendel, it makes me want one.  :tup:

Hmm, "Village Bicycle", because everyone can ride it?  Am I even close??? :dunno:

Offline Biggerhammer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Powder, primer, bullet JUNKIE.
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2018, 06:25:16 AM »

Hmm, "Village Bicycle", because everyone can ride it?  Am I even close??? :dunno:

Rumor has it, it's been "Rode" quite a bit already.😬😬

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2018, 06:43:19 AM »
Can't go wrong with a ruger American , I bought my daughter one in 7mm-08 , I bought it when she was 12 and she is 19 now, it came with a cheap scope 3x9 and to this day it still is an absolute tack driver, I paid a total 410 dollars after tax and I use it a lot when I go predator huntn just because of the various predator rounds you can get for it and it's still plenty of gun for deer, she has killed 5 deer with it and never needed more than one shot!! So I can imagine a 223 would be great for just s fun gun to plink with!! At a good price as well
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline yorketransport

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Frontiersman
  • Preferred pronouns: were/was
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2018, 07:27:11 AM »

Rumor has it, it's been "Rode" quite a bit already.😬😬

Everybody gets a ride! :chuckle:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]