collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2018-2020 Hunting Proposals Out for Comment  (Read 23390 times)

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
Re: 2018-2020 Hunting Proposals Out for Comment
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2018, 04:43:02 PM »

I still see them.  They are farther down the page, just rearranged the order.

:yeah:

What’s really interesting is in 2020 the blacktail season goes to November 1st. I’ve never seen it extend beyond October 31st.

Offline DaveMonti

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2018, 08:22:44 PM »
I still see them.  They are farther down the page, just rearranged the order.

I see them now.  I looked at that table a dozen times and didn't see it!  Man, getting old sucks! 

Offline Southpole

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2018, 09:07:36 AM »
I got back on the proposal comment page out of curiosity. I didn't know comments were made public with your name for everyone to see. I also found it interesting that at the end of every proposal comment list is Jim Unsworths name and comment  :dunno:
$5 is a lot of money if you ain't got it

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2018, 10:03:49 AM »
That’s funny, someone just used Jim Unsworth’s name. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t actually Jim Unsworth himself.    :)

Offline Southpole

• Frontiersman
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2018, 10:12:55 AM »
That’s funny, someone just used Jim Unsworth’s name. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t actually Jim Unsworth himself.    :)
That could be the case. It's also ironic it's the last comment on every proposal comment page which I'm assuming that's the first comment that was posted for that proposal when it first opened.

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2018, 12:05:27 PM »
That could be the case. It's also ironic it's the last comment on every proposal comment page which I'm assuming that's the first comment that was posted for that proposal when it first opened.
Nope, check out the date. It was 2/14, which would have been the last comment.

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2018, 12:06:03 PM »
Also, lots of people commented multiple times on the same proposal.

Offline Southpole

• Frontiersman
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2018, 01:19:45 PM »
Nope, check out the date. It was 2/14, which would have been the last comment.
Yeah, your right, the dates are Feb. 14, the latest date. I like how he included he was from Olympia too  :tung:

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2018, 02:08:39 PM »
Interesting read going through the comments.  It will be really interesting to see if any changes are made.
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2018, 02:10:32 PM »
My generic feedback for these proposals and this state is this:

The commission supports an anti hunting bias, is way too predator friendly, cares more about fishing and could care less about anything other than where the money is when they are selling tags.

So in my late 30s I am pretty much done with this state. I give up.  They can let the predator population run rampant, they can squeeze the youth, muzzleloader and archery user groups out.  They can continue to get commanded like a puppet by the tribes (thank the courts for this one) and they can be fooled into thinking the wolf plan might actually work...

Me?  I am out.  Taking my money to any of the other western states that want it.  I am raising young kids who participate in the outdoors but it won’t be in this state.  Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado are all on the list.  We will spend thousands annually to do so.

With wolves getting redistributed to all corners of the state it will go downhill fast. I am tired of fighting the rhetoric.  Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If all you have to do with your outdoor kids is get them thru hunters ed,I don't see the problem.I agree no one should be able to buy these permits without hunters ed.Just think,Anti hunters might be buying these permits and never intending on using them.At least make the antis do hunters ed before they can either.maybe some of them can get some much needed education on hunting and conservation.  :twocents:
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline goldenhtr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2018, 04:16:09 PM »
My generic feedback for these proposals and this state is this:

The commission supports an anti hunting bias, is way too predator friendly, cares more about fishing and could care less about anything other than where the money is when they are selling tags.

So in my late 30s I am pretty much done with this state. I give up.  They can let the predator population run rampant, they can squeeze the youth, muzzleloader and archery user groups out.  They can continue to get commanded like a puppet by the tribes (thank the courts for this one) and they can be fooled into thinking the wolf plan might actually work...

Me?  I am out.  Taking my money to any of the other western states that want it.  I am raising young kids who participate in the outdoors but it won’t be in this state.  Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado are all on the list.  We will spend thousands annually to do so.

With wolves getting redistributed to all corners of the state it will go downhill fast. I am tired of fighting the rhetoric.  Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If all you have to do with your outdoor kids is get them thru hunters ed,I don't see the problem.I agree no one should be able to buy these permits without hunters ed.Just think,Anti hunters might be buying these permits and never intending on using them.At least make the antis do hunters ed before they can either.maybe some of them can get some much needed education on hunting and conservation.  :twocents:

:yeah:
Gen:27:3

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2018, 06:41:20 PM »
I read the posts for the areas I was concerned about and don't see the state making a change in the proposed changes. I don't see a consensus on hunters part unfortunately. I heard a lot of talk out there about people being upset with the proposals but didn't step up to the plate and make a comment. Exactly why we are in the situation we are in.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2018, 09:34:47 PM »
I heard a lot of talk out there about people being upset with the proposals but didn't step up to the plate and make a comment. Exactly why we are in the situation we are in.

How do you know? You assume that WDFW make decisions based on our email suggestions?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2018, 09:40:14 PM »
Making a stand in a large group isn't working either.Why,well we can't even agree on this forum in most of these areas.At the meetings you have a handful of speakers voicing their opinions and another handful disagreeing with the other handful.its no diff. at any of these gatherings the groups are not working together.Horse,Snowmobile,jeep,quads,motorcycles,hikers,modern,archery,muzzle,youth,sr.disabled.Eastern,western.fishing,crabbing etc etc.

its all outdoors everyone,come together fairly for all.Voicing to these politician's is a waste of time in my op. voice your op. to the big groups.they are all over the state.  :twocents:
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2018, 05:04:11 AM »
That's where your wrong. I have been to meetings where there are groups like the horsemen that have a great turn out and wanted certain trails built. You make your inputs on a map and sure enough the trails that were scheduled to be built were the ones they wanted due to their input. Hunters are all over the board and thus nothing gets done unless an effort is made.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]