collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolf poacher fined in Pend Oreille County  (Read 19799 times)

Offline Jake Dogfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Wolf poacher fined in Pend Oreille County
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2018, 05:41:56 PM »
Curious to know if you guys who are supporting this guy would be ok illegally killing wolves yourself in Washington or if you're just all talk?
Honest answers now!!
Now of course no one would be honest because fish and game certainly watch our site, but I will say this much. I applaud the guys that do kill wolves, I don't see them as poachers.  I hate poachers as much as anyone, this state doesn't do enough to the guys that poach deer/elk, the penalties are a joke. I feel wdfw has anti hunters in there mix of employees, guys/gals that would love to end otc hunting.  We all know the anti's love wolves and we know why.  I just feel its a fight we will eventually lose and hunting in this state will come down to draw only for the next generation, wolves are the enemy besides other factors that we can't change.
Let’s make a list than of what poaching is ok.
Deer/Elk Salmon? We like those. No poaching
Wolves?
Sea lions/Seals?
Bears?
Cormorants?
Cougars?
Bobcats?
Lynx?
Birds of prey?
Just where do you draw the line?
Poaching is Poaching.
Environmentalist Fundamentalist

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2018, 06:22:10 PM »
No poaching is not ok
I can't support this guy, he kept trophies, which tells me he's not killing them just to save deer, or elk, or livestock...he's keeping the hides and skulls. 

If he were killing them because they were getting into his livestock I could support that, if he were killing them because they were decimating the deer off his food plots I could be sympathetic, but he's keeping trophy's. 

So I won't be contributing to a go fund me to bail him out. 

I have to agree with KF on this just the way I feel also.

I seen this on my YouTube today thought it might related a little bit.

I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »
Curious to know if you guys who are supporting this guy would be ok illegally killing wolves yourself in Washington or if you're just all talk?
Honest answers now!!
Now of course no one would be honest because fish and game certainly watch our site, but I will say this much. I applaud the guys that do kill wolves, I don't see them as poachers.  I hate poachers as much as anyone, this state doesn't do enough to the guys that poach deer/elk, the penalties are a joke. I feel wdfw has anti hunters in there mix of employees, guys/gals that would love to end otc hunting.  We all know the anti's love wolves and we know why.  I just feel its a fight we will eventually lose and hunting in this state will come down to draw only for the next generation, wolves are the enemy besides other factors that we can't change.
Wolves?
Sea lions/Seals?
Bears?
Cormorants?
Cougars?
Bobcats?
Lynx?
Birds of prey?
Poaching is Poaching.

I don't support any poaching, nor do I buy into the slippery slope idea either. 

I'm also careful about labeling someone a poacher, if a guy is having problems with wolves killing his critters and shoots 2 of them off a struggling heifer - he's a poacher. 

My point is not all poaching is equal, and to view it as such is overly simplistic especially when you have no skin in the game.  Just laws and enforcement of those laws require an element of compassion and understanding, strict black and white is what gets us a police state.

clearly the guy in this instance was a poacher, but probably felt empowered by all the folks saying to kill them all, so he tried, now he pays.

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2018, 06:30:31 PM »
That was interesting.
I'm think I would like a steady sheet of plywood.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2018, 07:01:39 PM »
Glad he was caught!  He's a scum bag poacher and his kind is not welcome in the hunting community.

I agree. As much as we don't need or want them here, him killing WA wolves literally does more harm than good... even to us as hunters, and it's yet another black eye for the hunting community.

You sound like a CNW or DoW representative, jack.

Please explain to all of us how less wolves is bad for Washington?

We have watched for several years now as WDFW have lied to the people of WA. backed by their fake environmental partners.

Get out and talk to folks besides those who work for WDFW or CNW etc. and you will discover there are many people besides rural folks that have taken a disliking to the wolves.

Public opinion has turned against the wolves, and like the wolves, WDFW and CNW etc. have become known as dishonest, and are like as much as the wolves.

And just like in other states where wolves were allowed to grow out of control, folks openly express what is happening to wolves. I was talking to a guy at a business in Wenatchee a couple of weeks ago, I ask him how their wolves were doing, he said “he thought the local boys had shot most the wolves out around there, except in the Entiat, which he said needed some extra wolf control”

The wolf problems aren’t a secret anymore, and wolf control is being implemented by folks throughout WA., I think most realize that WDFW have no intention of ever controlling wolves.

Any idea how many dogs were killed just this winter in Okanogan County by wolves?

Or how many interactions there were between wolves and people?

Have you heard anything about the wolves up around Loomis?

WDFW don't like that info getting out to the public, but the public does learn about such incidences.

As far as poaching-how many of Washingtons ungulates have been poached by WDFW fake endangered wolves?

The only ones with black eyes at this stage of the game jack,  is WDF&wolves.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2018, 07:40:16 PM »

Offline Scheindogg

• Longhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2018, 07:42:00 PM »
This is slightly off topic but splitting E WA from W WA would stink pretty bad for us W WA folk who hunt E WA. We would have to pay out of state price for tags?(and vice versa)  I assume they wouldn’t give us a Washington price because then Idaho would feel like they should get the same discount for being a neighbor state as well?
It’s a cool idea in theory but would stink in some ways.. just sayin..
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me -Phillipians 4:13

Offline Ridgeratt

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
  • IBEW 73 (Retired) Burden on the working class.
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2018, 07:44:47 PM »
This is slightly off topic but splitting E WA from W WA would stink pretty bad for us W WA folk who hunt E WA. We would have to pay out of state price for tags?(and vice versa)  I assume they wouldn’t give us a Washington price because then Idaho would feel like they should get the same discount for being a neighbor state as well?

:tup: Let this man pick a Kewpie Doll off the wall anyone of his choice.

On the plus side perhaps we could get a wolf mangement plan in place.

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2018, 07:45:01 PM »
How did the wdfw have a clue about the guy killing wolves in the first place? Did someone rat him out?
My guess is he forgot an S or two
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2018, 07:52:18 PM »
I'm wondering if he had snares out, if he snared a collared wolf game over

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2018, 08:27:07 PM »
Honest answers now!!
Wolves?
Sea lions/Seals?
Bears?
Cormorants?
Cougars?
Bobcats?
Lynx?
Birds of prey?
Poaching is Poaching.
I’ll respond after the whiskey, tomorrow.  But there is a difference.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2018, 10:22:45 PM »

You're free to move wherever you want. 

Offline Scheindogg

• Longhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2018, 10:26:29 PM »

True but I could also move to Montana or any other state with better hunting opportunity but I don’t because my life is here. I’m just saying in certain ways it would not be cool for some western Washington folks (or some eastern who love they’re blacktails!!)

You're free to move wherever you want.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me -Phillipians 4:13

Offline buglebrush

• Sourdough
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2018, 10:31:58 PM »
Yes there's always pros and cons, but the pros would far outweigh any cons. 

Offline fastdam

• Longhunter
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2018, 09:01:24 AM »
The WDFW is not going to helpbus (the public) with the wolf problem. They could just not get involved in wolf shootings and leave it up to the feds to do their own dirty work. But instead they take the stance, against us, the people they "represent". Because of this, it is up to us to deal with the wolf problem and we should all do our part and kill every wolf we see.  Unless of course you can't see that the government you support is a criminal group

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal