collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2018 Washington Wild Sheep Foundation Banquet and Auction  (Read 24871 times)

Offline scree

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: 2018 Washington Wild Sheep Foundation Banquet and Auction
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2018, 06:48:27 PM »
Forgot to say thanks to Coach for buying my bench. I wish I kept track of the hours put into making them, it was a lot. I think they are one of my best projects to date.  I do think that you picked the wrong one :chuckle:.....man I really wanted to keep that WA WSF logo one...I darn near didn't put that one in the auction. 

Also a point of clarification on the beginner's luck (our version of national WSF's <1) you must be a WA WSF life member not just a general member.     

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2018, 06:55:09 PM »

Also a point of clarification on the beginner's luck (our version of national WSF's <1) you must be a WA WSF life member not just a general member.   
Thanks for the clarification, I wasn’t quite sure.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Falcon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2018, 07:46:03 PM »
Forgot to say thanks to Coach for buying my bench. I wish I kept track of the hours put into making them, it was a lot. I think they are one of my best projects to date.  I do think that you picked the wrong one :chuckle:.....man I really wanted to keep that WA WSF logo one...I darn near didn't put that one in the auction. 

Coach,
I wanted that bench and shouldn’t have stopped at 800.  A beautiful bench and quite a conversation piece :tup:
Cast all your anxiety upon him, for he cares for you.    1 Peter 5:7

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2018, 08:50:08 PM »
True, the first drawing is for anyone who has never killed a sheep before, bought a $50.00 shirt and were members of wash wild Sheep.  The 2nd draw is for Washington wild Sheep life members, and you must be present.  The first drawing is called the less than one club, it is not guaranteed that they have that drawing every year, we’ve had it the past few years due to very generous donations.  It may or may not happen, we usually find out later in the year. But your out, no less than one for you Plat!!! 😜 you should go next year, it’s damn fun. And with coach at your table, you know you’ll get balloons at your table!!

Yes but technically I've never killed a sheep let alone 2 according to WDFW. Technically. :dunno: :chuckle:
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2018, 09:19:40 PM »
I can't believe people questioning the intergrity of people so dedicated to conservation. In my opinion those that put the time in sure as hell deserve to win . So let me get it right if your s member that devotes countless hours to the cause you should be excluded from one of the biggest events of said association . How many guys joined just to have a chance to win ? Maybe a few should join then pull there name out? Look at Jerry he won a 5k card and I believe he wasted most of it . Cuddos to these guys that give so much with no expectations of taking back out !
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2018, 09:22:49 PM »
Scree . We love the bench .. thank you for your donation. I had a blast and look forward to next year and more balloons . My wife made it clear that I shouldn't come home with another puppy ....... maybe next yeat
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2018, 09:34:23 PM »
I saw who was bidding on the auction moose tag and got out early ... I love winning and that could got ugly !

Offline JoeE

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2018, 09:50:11 PM »
You can’t believe how people would question something happening with odds in the ballpark of 1 in 150,000 to 1 in 200,000 would happen? Especially after the issues raised with the integrity of the draw? Really?

If we witnessed an actual miracle take place that’s fine but considering the circumstances it should raise questions with everybody who was there.

Some things have been cleared up but you can’t shrug off how completely unlikely that was for ANYBODY to have happen to them, let alone the people who controlled the tickets.

Everybody who was there donated their money and time towards conservation.

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2018, 10:25:25 PM »
Right everyone donated including those that one ...look at Kevin Vandam a couple years ago . Five k card . Gun safe and sheep hunt . I guess I'm just not a skecptic. I saw lots of named in the tumbler when I looked and certainly if I was gonna rig it I'd make sure it was on the second chance draw . Look I'm not trying to rag on our members just giving good people benefit of the doubt

Offline Falcon

• Sourdough
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2018, 08:15:08 PM »
Right everyone donated including those that one ...look at Kevin Vandam a couple years ago . Five k card . Gun safe and sheep hunt . I guess I'm just not a skecptic. I saw lots of named in the tumbler when I looked and certainly if I was gonna rig it I'd make sure it was on the second chance draw . Look I'm not trying to rag on our members just giving good people benefit of the doubt

:yeah:

It was a great event and yes someone got extremely lucky. I work with this group and I   am 100% sure that there was no messing with the raffle.  Proud to work with a quality group of guys and gals who work to put more sheep on the mountain👊💥👊
Cast all your anxiety upon him, for he cares for you.    1 Peter 5:7

Offline walleye1

• Hunter
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2018, 08:50:43 PM »
Lets see if we can all bitch enough so they just quite giving sheep hunts away

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2018, 09:45:34 PM »
Lets see if we can all bitch enough so they just quite giving sheep hunts away
I don’t believe that’s going to happen, I erased much of what I wanted to say because it might be taken the wrong way.  For the record, I support all that the wild sheep foundation does, I am a proud life time member.  Now, if you were there and didn’t question to yourself the reality of what happened, your a saint.  It’s ok that guys question what happened, it may cause a change for the better?  If it was just a couple people who felt something was up, oh well, but it wasn’t.  I don’t blame guys for questioning what/how that could happen, I don’t personally feel it was fraud.  But it certainly crossed my mind, just being honest, which usually gets me in trouble. But, I’ll be honest no matter what it cost me.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline dingle

• Tracker
  • Mick
  • Groups: SCI Wenatchee sportsman association
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2018, 07:29:53 AM »
Maybe people should think about how these drawings became available for that possibility, 5 out of 6 years my wife and I have won expensive items at 3 different Banquets   So I guess they are all in Q    That is what I am hearing
Day starts with the wind in your face.

Offline Branden

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2018, 07:48:04 AM »
The same person has won a tag from the western hunt expo raffle multiple years in a row.

This year in Washington another person beat the odds and won both sheep hunts.

Both these raffles have same odds for everyone because you can't buy multiple tickets for the raffles.

When it comes to things like raffles, lotteries, etc greed comes into play and eventually you will read that one of the conservation groups local or national chapters had some funny business going on with a raffle. Not saying there was anything wrong with either of the 2 events I listed above. Those are just examples of major odds being overcome by luck. You see fraud with churches, government, charities, so why would conservation groups be excluded? Mark my words it will come out whether it happens at a small local turkey banquet or something big like the western hunt expo. When crazy odds get overcome time and again eventually it won't be just luck. It will be tampering.

Online Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2018, 08:01:02 AM »
The same person has won a tag from the western hunt expo raffle multiple years in a row.

This year in Washington another person beat the odds and won both sheep hunts.

Both these raffles have same odds for everyone because you can't buy multiple tickets for the raffles.

When it comes to things like raffles, lotteries, etc greed comes into play and eventually you will read that one of the conservation groups local or national chapters had some funny business going on with a raffle. Not saying there was anything wrong with either of the 2 events I listed above. Those are just examples of major odds being overcome by luck. You see fraud with churches, government, charities, so why would conservation groups be excluded? Mark my words it will come out whether it happens at a small local turkey banquet or something big like the western hunt expo. When crazy odds get overcome time and again eventually it won't be just luck. It will be tampering.

Given that, why not remove any doubt and have the drawings run by an independent CPA firm?

There’s reality, and perception.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]