collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2018 Washington Wild Sheep Foundation Banquet and Auction  (Read 24868 times)

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 2018 Washington Wild Sheep Foundation Banquet and Auction
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2018, 10:56:43 PM »
Also is it a hopper raffle or a automated raffle with a random number assigned to every ticket sold? (The rocky mountain bighorn)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:58:22 PM by Tbar »

Online trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2018, 06:26:46 AM »
Also is it a hopper raffle or a automated raffle with a random number assigned to every ticket sold?
It's a hopper or tumbler raffle.  Only 1 ticket allowed per person that is eligible for the "less than one" draw, then they have another draw for life members, also 1 ticket allowed.  You can be in both draws if eligible but only 1 ticket per person, per draw.  Tickets go into two different tumblers and it's drawn on stage during the banquet.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline starbailey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2018, 09:54:18 AM »
I've debated on posting a response on my wife (Tammy) winning both hunt raffles at the WA WSF banquet but I think its time.
First off, I think it's sad to have to defend her having a lucky evening. If the first person was there we wouldn't even be having this conversation! Tammy has ran the membership booth for me (as I'm membership chair) since I took on the task way back in 2005 or 06. We have my daughter and Mandy as long time helpers also. It is a job that gets very little recognition or thanks. But they do it because they know I need the help and they are way more efficient than me in helping members get through quickly. Tammy or Mandy do NOT make up the raffle tickets. We only make new life member tickets that join at the banquet. All those people were dropped into the tumblers right then. All the other life members are on tickets ready to go. I personally pulled an dropped tickets from members that came up and asked to have it done. (As we always have in past years.) Before the draw I dropped all remaining names/tickets in the bin. Did you hear that? ME! I did it just like in all the past years. No one else. Mandy dropped the first time sheep hunter tickets as she wasn't in the draw and I need help. No one did anything different as in past years. After the draw the bins were locked away and the tickets were left in them undisturbed (as always). Since some one winning both hunts was so unusual our WA WSF president, another board member and witness went through the tickets to make sure there weren't any discrepancies in the tickets. This would have been done if anyone person would have won both hunts. There were none found as Andy has stated.
 It's sad I have to defend the integrity of my wife, my self and the rest of the WA WSF board. Tammy and I have been involved with WAWSF going on 20 years as volunteers (I being VP for the last 10). We both put in countless hours, as do all the board members, and ask nothing in return. Our business has been the main sponsor of  the mount display raffle from its inception and  active donors and sponsors in our community. We enjoy helping others. Its who we are as people and business owners.     
  Now, not many people know but my wife has several health issues that she has battled for years that would make taking one of these hunts virtually impossible. So in keeping with the spirit of these raffles she chose to give each away to a first time sheep hunter. The Alaska hunt will be given to my 18 year old daughter. No, she is not a hunter but she is excited to see and experience what I talk about with so much passion. She'll have to learn to shoot a hunting rifle along with getting her hunter safety card before leaving on her adventure.
 The second hunt will be going to one of our friends George V. George got interested in sheep hunting after coming to our house looking at my sheep and hearing my stories. He and his wife have been coming to our banquet for the last four years. Tammy and I see what a good guy George is and know there is not a more deserving person. He's in for a special ride.
I hope this clears some of the air in dealing with a very lucky night for a special lady.
If you want discuss it more. Go ahead.
You'll never change luck, good or bad!
Bryan B
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:46:40 AM by starbailey »

Offline Falcon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2018, 07:36:35 PM »
Bryan

Thanks for taking the time to post this.  I am proud to serve on the board and will defend the good people who volunteer countless hours for sheep conservation in our state, and many others including Canada.
Also, great to hear that those hunts will be going to people who are new to sheep hunting. I’ve always believed in our cause and a bit a Lady Luck striking twice in one night will never change what a great organization you and the other board members and volunteers have built thru the years.   

Bryan Flintoff
Cast all your anxiety upon him, for he cares for you.    1 Peter 5:7

Offline BKMFR

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: WSF-Life member, F4WM, ITA, RMEF, MDF, ABF-Life member
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2018, 08:24:29 PM »
Nice job Bryan, sorry you had to write anything! You and your family are truly assets to the Sheep foundation! Stay strong my friend!
Steve Stewart

Offline lhrbull

• Scout
  • Groups: wafsf mdf sci
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2018, 08:49:03 PM »
Dito to what was said above there was no reason for you to write but thank you for your passion to wild sheep.

Mark Ulrich

Offline elkontherun

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2018, 11:17:12 PM »
I have been keeping up with this post since the banquet and have kept my mouth shut.  First I would like to say thank you to all the volenteers who make this banquet possible.  It is something my wife and I look forward to.  I am also proud to say my wife and I are both life members and are proud to be part of such a dedicated group of people.  Thank you Tammy for all the hard work you and Brian do.  Congrats to the Bailey family for winning the hunts, and hold your head high and be proud of all you do to put sheep on the Mt.  There will always be jelious people out there who think the system is rigged, people who think the Russians did it, unless of course it works out in there favor.  Congrats to Tammy and I hope your daughter kills a cranker.  Thanks again for making the Washington State wild sheep foundation a group inam proud to be part of and a banquet I am already looking forward to attending next year.

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2018, 11:33:17 PM »
People tend to be the darkest thing on this planet.  Over the years ive seen members of this forum look to besmirch folk for this or that. It's made me embarrassed and sick to my stomach a time or two to be a huntwa member.

Someone was passionate enough about something to volunteer their time and money to it and if they were finally able to be lucky enough to win something, which causes you not to attend next year then by all means stay home. These events are for a good cause, not your personal gain. I see that more than ever now that I am putting effort into hosting my own.

I've never researched WA WSF before this thread but I'll be looking into a lifetime membership this year.
"Right now, I am thinking that If my grandmother was here, she would be lecturing me about how there are poor people in Africa, that would just love to have a Ruger, I would just say "Great, granny, lets just ship all the Rugers to Africa!"

Loving life in the Great Northwest one day at a time.

It sounds like it's time to get a new gun.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2018, 05:07:45 AM »
I think a cloudy night in the middle of the Wilderness is one of the darkest things on this planet. With that being said I think the Russians were involved. :chuckle:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 05:13:28 AM by Skyvalhunter »
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline JoeE

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2018, 06:32:32 AM »
1 in 150,000 odds won by people in control of the tickets. Nothing to see here folks move along.

Offline JoeE

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2018, 06:33:20 AM »
I think a cloudy night in the middle of the Wilderness is one of the darkest things on this planet. With that being said I think the Russians were involved. :chuckle:

Definitely Russians  :chuckle:

Online Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2018, 07:30:24 AM »
Thank you and your family for your passion, your time and energy put to this cause.  It's a thankless effort at times.  I will also be looking into a membership. 
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2018, 07:44:21 AM »
1 in 150,000 odds won by people in control of the tickets. Nothing to see here folks move along.

Pretty sure your opinion has been made plenty clear.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline starbailey

• Longhunter
« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2018, 09:10:32 AM »
Yep JoeE, that's why nobody buys powerball tickets. No way those odds are ever beat!

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2018, 12:30:15 PM »
Bryan , thank you to you and your family for all the hard work put  in over the years . Be assured that many people including my self never once thought of any corruption by Tammy . I hope your daughter enjoys every minute of her hunt . Corey
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]