collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Washington House committee OKs bill to move wolves  (Read 14270 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Washington House committee OKs bill to move wolves
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2018, 03:19:26 PM »
I think folks need to put this into perspective. Joel Kretz has been putting this forth for a few years. The kikelyhood of this happening is low.

Play what If after they have been moved... do you think the state will rush to open a hunting season on wolves in the NE?  How long  do you the lawsuits will last? Do you think the department will turn a new leaf and become our bestest buddies and put sportsmen interests first?

Here is a fact. 3 more breading pairs anywhere in the state for 3 years, or 2 in the S Cascades.  If the department really wanted to they could have found 3 more in the N cascades. Even if they do it this spring we have to wait 3 years.

Importing wolves on a hope and a prayer is bad strategy. I guarantee you that those promoting predators are using strategy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2018, 03:20:15 PM »
You guys better all start calling your REPS and SENATORS and tell them you don't want wolves! My legislator is doing his job, the only way we can get delisted in the NE is for western WA to have wolves. Maybe if enough of you complain to your legislators that you don't want wolves your legislators will pass something so we can manage wolves in Northeast WA.

Make the calls or get the wolves!
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline hunter399

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • If you know me,then you know I give zero #&$@$
  • Groups: NRA RMEF
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2018, 03:29:05 PM »
 :yeah:
I rather piss in the wind,then have piss down my back.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Legend
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2018, 05:06:20 PM »
Seattle is the last place they will go. All the cougar management areas around the Greater Seattle area have no quotas. That ought to tell you something about how the Department views predators around Seattle.

To me, pretty much everything on that side of the mountain is Seattle  :chuckle:   Pretty common thought with the folks out here.  I know better, but it's stuck.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2018, 05:15:39 PM »
You guys better all start calling your REPS and SENATORS and tell them you don't want wolves! My legislator is doing his job, the only way we can get delisted in the NE is for western WA to have wolves. Maybe if enough of you complain to your legislators that you don't want wolves your legislators will pass something so we can manage wolves in Northeast WA.

We already have them, 3-4 years I figure 5-6 packs on this side from Canadian border south to Seattle area.

The peninsula is going to take a lot longer.  :twocents:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2018, 05:21:55 PM »

We already have them, 3-4 years I figure 5-6 packs on this side from Canadian border south to Seattle area.

It's been a while since I viewed the wolf plan but I have read the entire plan in the past and if I remember correctly we need at least three packs that produce surviving pups three years in a row in each area of the state, the westside is one area, I could be wrong but don't remember that there was a distinction that the Peninsula had to have wolves if the westside had three breeding packs for three consecutive years.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2018, 05:24:50 PM »

It's been a while since I viewed the wolf plan but I have read the entire plan in the past and if I remember correctly we need at least three packs that produce surviving pups three years in a row in each area of the state, the westside is one area, I could be wrong but don't remember that there was a distinction that the Peninsula had to have wolves if the westside had three breeding packs for three consecutive years.

That’s correct.

I  bet the the numbers explode once they get to the Olympic National Park, lots to eat there.
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2018, 05:37:35 PM »
If you think documenting wolves on the relatively open east side is hard.... how do you think its gonna happen on tye wey side where it is THICK?

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2018, 05:48:52 PM »
If you think documenting wolves on the relatively open east side is hard.... how do you think its gonna happen on tye wey side where it is THICK?

They'll trap them.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2018, 05:49:44 PM »

Kretz did an excellent job representing the wolf lovers statewide.  They are having celebratory drinks while we continue to argue.  Symbolic bill that when it passes will set management statewide back decades. Fixing wrongs with wrongs has never been a model of success.  This will eliminate the need to apply pressure where they are federally delisted, well because this is what the northeast (kretz) as well as the farm bureau asked for.  Sad state of affairs and the non consumptive wolf advocates win! (Oh wait, Mitch is a hunter)

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2018, 05:56:57 PM »

Kretz did an excellent job representing the wolf lovers statewide.  They are having celebratory drinks while we continue to argue.  Symbolic bill that when it passes will set management statewide back decades. Fixing wrongs with wrongs has never been a model of success.  This will eliminate the need to apply pressure where they are federally delisted, well because this is what the northeast (kretz) as well as the farm bureau asked for.  Sad state of affairs and the non consumptive wolf advocates win! (Oh wait, Mitch is a hunter)

Management can only happen anywhere in this state if all three areas have 3 breeding pairs of wolves for three consecutive years, or if enough people make enough calls to get the wolf plan changed or over turned!

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2018, 06:04:29 PM »
I understand that.  This will not be progress, after all the same people who advocated for this bill from a northeast perspective, litigate on behalf of their western Washington constituents.

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2018, 06:10:39 PM »
The problem is the wolf plan, there is no arguing that. This does nothing to help. 

Online Humptulips

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
    • Washington State Trappers Association
  • Groups: WSTA, NTA, FTA, OTA, WWC, WFW, NRA
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2018, 06:22:27 PM »

We don't need them! Build the wall! :peep: :peep: :peep: :peep: :peep: :peep:
Bruce Vandervort

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2018, 07:41:52 PM »
I think moving them west is the best thing we can do,spread the love around a bit. :tup: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Hope it happens sooner than later.

Turn em' loose on the Capitol grounds and give lawmakers the education lesson they deserve!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]