collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Washington House committee OKs bill to move wolves  (Read 14262 times)

Offline buglebrush

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Washington House committee OKs bill to move wolves
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2018, 09:37:40 AM »
I hate wolves, and am from the NE.  Anyone who has read my posts knows this.   :chuckle:

However, I don't see this helping.  Why help the wolves spread?  We need them to pass a bill delisting them in the NE corner, so we can kill them.  This just accelerates the end of OTC hunting in this state.   :twocents:

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2018, 10:20:40 AM »
Yes, this is just an attempt to speed things up, but not really the management hunting portion we would be slow played just like we are now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2018, 10:23:42 AM »
or choice #3:

Get the wolf plan revised to delist the wolf in the eastern third of the state.

If they can get a bill passed to move wolves, they can make a deal to delist. :twocents:

Which is why I said "Make The Call" to your legislators or that will never happen either!  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline nwwanderer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2018, 04:00:12 PM »
Would not expect 'interactions', just missing pets, llamas, pot bellied pigs, pygmy goats, yard fowl, and other assorted lovelies.  Would be rare for anyone to every see one but the connection would happen.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2018, 05:27:57 PM »
All the hype to get wolves moved all over the state will only convince the wolf lovers that they were right all along. In the end WA will end up with more wolves and there will never be hunting for them in this state. Olympia will hire more biologists for WDFW to conduct studies. Getting a bill passed like this is only going to further spending for dumb ideas. Eco lovers like the protesters with the kayaks are never going to be convinced that wolves are bad, even if they are predatory on people. Expanding wolves and thinking you are going to teach people a lesson is a fools errand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might depend on who gets chewed up...

DNA samples confirm wolves killed Southwest Alaska teacher

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/article/dna-samples-confirm-wolves-killed-southwest-alaska-teacher/2011/12/06/

Offline DaveMonti

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2018, 09:02:05 PM »
All the hype to get wolves moved all over the state will only convince the wolf lovers that they were right all along. In the end WA will end up with more wolves and there will never be hunting for them in this state. Olympia will hire more biologists for WDFW to conduct studies. Getting a bill passed like this is only going to further spending for dumb ideas. Eco lovers like the protesters with the kayaks are never going to be convinced that wolves are bad, even if they are predatory on people. Expanding wolves and thinking you are going to teach people a lesson is a fools errand.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/article/dna-samples-confirm-wolves-killed-southwest-alaska-teacher/2011/12/06/

One  death (in 2011?) won't do a thing.  Every year people are killed by grizzlies in the lower 48.  Which lower 48 states have grizzly seasons?  Oh yeah, not a single one. 

Look hard enough and you will find "evidence" of anything.  One dead teacher in Alaska in 2011 isn't exactly what I would call a "trend" of human/wolf interactions. 

I suspect that if it ever happened in Western Washington, the pro wolf crowd would probably say "See, people don't belong in the wilderness.  That person got what they deserved."

Offline Tbar

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2018, 09:06:38 PM »
or choice #3:

If they can get a bill passed to move wolves, they can make a deal to delist. :twocents:

Which is why I said "Make The Call" to your legislators or that will never happen either!  :twocents:
I'd like to think "making a call" would help but do you realize how many wolf huggers are supporting this from pugetopolis.... Let's hope logic prevails at the leg.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2018, 10:27:39 PM »
or choice #3:

I'd like to think "making a call" would help but do you realize how many wolf huggers are supporting this from pugetopolis.... Let's hope logic prevails at the leg.

Since few hunters call and anti-hunters are active, that is why this legislation by "Kretz" is our only chance in NE!  :dunno:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2018, 06:02:18 AM »
I hate wolves, and am from the NE.  Anyone who has read my posts knows this.   :chuckle:

However, I don't see this helping.  Why help the wolves spread?  We need them to pass a bill delisting them in the NE corner, so we can kill them.  This just accelerates the end of OTC hunting in this state.   :twocents:
From what I have seen and heard from other states the delisting is not going to come anytime soon. The so called conservation groups will challenge any effort to delist. While the WAG and WDFW think they are doing things by the book they will challenge. This proposed bill is just another wrinkle that somehow they will use against the delisting. :twocents:
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2018, 06:28:06 AM »

One  death (in 2011?) won't do a thing.  Every year people are killed by grizzlies in the lower 48.  Which lower 48 states have grizzly seasons?  Oh yeah, not a single one. 

Look hard enough and you will find "evidence" of anything.  One dead teacher in Alaska in 2011 isn't exactly what I would call a "trend" of human/wolf interactions. 

I suspect that if it ever happened in Western Washington, the pro wolf crowd would probably say "See, people don't belong in the wilderness.  That person got what they deserved."

One death might not do the trick, but do you know how many human/wolf conflicts that have actually happened just in WA that if it weren't for the shoot first ask questions later, the person being attacked would have been wolf scat? We all know that WDFW etc. won't put that info out to the public, I can name at least four, two of them in the Methow. How many of the liberal hippies pack guns on their flower sniffing outings?

There are a good number of people who have changed their mind on the wolves from the west side, those who once believed the lies of the USFWS, WDFW etc. aren't as gullible as they use to be. Go on face book and look at the comments to Kretz proposal and you will find that many people on the "west side" don't want wolves in their neck of the woods, and my guess is there are plenty of calls being made to not release wolves in their backyard.

The wolf plan needs a going over by people with skin in the game, as has been already proven WDF&wolves are not representing WA's best interests.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 08:04:44 AM by wolfbait »

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2018, 07:27:11 AM »
Totally agree with you that those decisions shouldd be made by people with skin in the game. 

100 percent wrong for people in western Washington to override the people in NE washington- who pay the price with their livestock and livelihood - let along people in New York or WA DC.   

That said, as a guy who lives on the west side, I'd just as soon they trapped/released enough wolves to the west side for lots and lots of human/pet interaction.   I think that might be what it takes......
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline mdbuck5x5

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2018, 02:31:48 PM »
http://nwsportsmanmag.com/kretzs-wolf-bill-translocated-to-senate-after-passing-house/

The last paragraph made me laugh pretty good!  :chuckle:

"Notably, all the dissenting votes came from a mix of Democrats and Republicans representing largely rural and/or suburban portions of Western Washington, including the South Cascades, Willapa Hills and eastern King County."

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2018, 02:38:10 PM »
http://nwsportsmanmag.com/kretzs-wolf-bill-translocated-to-senate-after-passing-house/

The last paragraph made me laugh pretty good!  :chuckle:

"Notably, all the dissenting votes came from a mix of Democrats and Republicans representing largely rural and/or suburban portions of Western Washington, including the South Cascades, Willapa Hills and eastern King County."

Likely because nobody else gives a crap because they know the wolves won't end up wherever they are... Those areas are where the wolves will end up being relocated to.
Everything is fine as long as they're not in their backyards. Once there's a potential for that, they get all wound up.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand