collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who has been to Belize  (Read 7586 times)

Offline Doublelunger

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
Re: Who has been to Belize
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 03:03:10 PM »
We were just there in December. Flew into Belize city, then took a water taxi directly to Ambergris Caye. Went with two other couples. Found a good priced VRBO on the south part of the island that was basically a mansion. I loved it, the wife said she would NOT go back because of the bugs (mosquitos and no see ums...they didn't bother me at all).  We went snorkeling, fishing, and spear fishing, which resulted in some of the best seafood I've ever consumed  (fish, lobster, and conk). Restaurants down there will cook your fish for you. I drank my body weight in Belikin Beer and cheap rum. Rallied golf carts all over the island (they're the main source of transportation). Weather was great. highs around 83-85 and lows never got below 70-73. rain showers here and there mostly in the evenings. One thing I might do different is go see some of the Mayan ruins on the mainland, but we saw a bunch of that last year on our trip to playa del carmen Mexico.  Prices on things weren't what I would call cheap but not really Expensive either.  Not really an exchange rate too, the Belize dollar is tied directly to the US dollar, 1 USD = 2 BZD all the time no matter what.  I would say that a $50 meal in the US would cost you about $40 for the exact same thing on Ambergis Caye. Beers were $2.50 US everywhere, grocery stores and restaurants. Mixed drinks were $4-5 US.  Overall i'd give Belize  :tup: :tup:

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 04:05:55 PM »
Tag
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline zwickeyman

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 04:39:41 PM »
Been to Belize 3 times. We have stayed at San Pedro all 3 times. Chill as can be and very safe. Decent fishing with the right guides and you can take a golf cart up the island past the resorts and fly fish off the old abandoned docks or wade the flats. Stay away from Belize City though. Next time we go we are going to a resort south of Belize City and do a little more fishing. The best food is the side street BBQs. 1/2 chicken, rice and beans for 4 or 5 American. You'll have a good time
The mountains are calling and I must go

Offline YoungFowler

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scout
  • Groups: Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 07:51:42 PM »
We went a couple years ago, we spent a few days in the jungle at this really cool place where you stay in tree houses and they have day adventures for you such as rappelling and floating the river. We then went to San Pedro for a few days and hung out on the beach and fished. We went with Mike from Belize Fishing Charters, really great guy and he got us on the fish.

https://www.cavesbranch.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g291962-d7810858-Reviews-Belize_Fishing_Charters-San_Pedro_Ambergris_Caye_Belize_Cayes.html
Fear God, love your neighbor and shoot ducks-Phil Robertson

Offline whacker1

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 10:34:29 AM »
tagging along

Offline SWHUNTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »
My wife and I went down and stayed at Coco Beach Resort for a week 4 years ago. It was awesome. We went at the end of October, and the place was a ghost town, but I think we lucked out on the weather. Captain Morgan's resort next door had the best fish and chips I've ever had.
It was cool seeing kids pull their boats onto the beach and sell fish that they just caught to the restaurants.

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 06:36:39 PM »
The wife and I are headed to Roatan in a few days.  We looked quite a bit at Belize, but found a good deal in Roatan.  We are big into snorkeling so we plan our vacations around that.  If you are going for the beaches and snorkeling, check it out.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 06:40:22 PM »
The wife and I are headed to Roatan in a few days.  We looked quite a bit at Belize, but found a good deal in Roatan.  We are big into snorkeling so we plan our vacations around that.  If you are going for the beaches and snorkeling, check it out.

Curious what a trip like that cost?
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 06:55:07 PM »

We’re staying 8 days at the Grand Roatan Resort.  With airfare out of Colorado included, we are just under 3k for both of us.  The only thing not included is lunch and dinner.  It’s right on the beach with a nice reef for snorkeling out front.

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 07:01:08 PM »

We’re staying 8 days at the Grand Roatan Resort.  With airfare out of Colorado included, we are just under 3k for both of us.  The only thing not included is lunch and dinner.  It’s right on the beach with a nice reef for snorkeling out front.

Wow, please give a review of what you liked and dis-liked. This sound interesting!
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2018, 03:51:11 PM »

Wow, please give a review of what you liked and dis-liked. This sound interesting!

Will do.

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2018, 04:50:23 AM »
Still here enjoying how beautiful this place is.  I’ll post up some reviews for those interested once we return stateside.

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2018, 05:22:53 AM »
Sweet, looking forward to the review, hopefully going there in a year or so.
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline Tbob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: King co. Search and Rescue
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2018, 07:35:00 AM »
Been to Belize a while back. Stayed 10 days. Flew into Belize City and hopped on the water taxi to Ambergris Caye. Loved it. Everybody speaks English and takes USD everywhere. As stated above, It’s not “cheap” but by no means expensive. We went snorkeling, cave tubing, scuba diving, fishing, zip lining and went to see multiple Mayan ruins. We found that if you booked excursions in San Pedro you could usually work a better deal between the vendors too. I’d def go back!
    Another cool option would be the Riveiera Maya side of Mexico. My wife and I just got back a few weeks ago. We stayed in a nice all inclusive right on the beach. It was called the Valentin Imperial Maya. Awesome vaca! I’ve never been a fan of the “all Inclusive” but this place is saaaweeeet! Love that part of the world ! Crystal clear waters, white sandy beaches and pina coladas till your hearts content. Tons of Mayan ruins and cynotes to swim in. Fishing, snorkeling and diving all over too!
   Let us know where you end up!

Online jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2018, 08:02:36 AM »
Man that looks awesome.!! We will be there in 2 years. Can’t wait

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal