collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lowa hunter boots  (Read 5850 times)

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
Re: Lowa hunter boots
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 09:32:03 PM »
Caleb, I bought a pair of Renegades during muzzy season. I realize they are different model. But they started out fitting good. Just uncomfortable as hell. After 2 days of hiking they stretched like crazy. Especially in the heal cup but also in the foot bed. If the boots you got are comfortable you might try wearing them for awhile to see if they stretch out. I ended up returning mine!

Offline Duckhunter14

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: RMEF, WSF Life Member, RMGA
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2018, 11:32:07 AM »
Tagging. I'm never giving Kenetrek another dime. I wore out a pair of boots and sent them in for evaluation. They said they could be resoled/rebuilt for 175$, so I sent them a check and then got them back and my feet got soaked the first time out. I sent them back and they said the boots were shot and could not be repaired. I explained I had just paid to have them rebuilt and they said too bad. They wouldn't give me a refund or a credit towards a new pair.

They also have a return policy, if you wear through a pair of boots in under a year and they deem it manufacture defect they will replace the boot. I am on my fourth pair of bridger ridges, yes my fourth! After the they sent me the 4th pair they informed me that it would be the last pair they would send me due to the "way I walk." Customer service said I walk with a pronation and wear the boots out too fast and I will have to buy their 420$ hikers for my next pair. They wont send me anymore. What a joke.

So I'm looking at other boot companies for this coming fall. lots of good info on this thread. Thank you for sharing. 
The testing of your faith produces perseverance

Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!

Offline walleye1

• Hunter
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2018, 12:22:53 PM »
Lowa tibets awesome boots last along  time but never had much luck with waterproof after a couple seasons.although I have never had leather boots hold up with waterproofing.dont get me wrong they hold up well but the wrong conditions your getting wet feet.

Offline Cylvertip

• Conservative Heathen
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 10:13:22 PM »
Caution on Lowa's
My Wife's Renegades souls fell off.  She loved them and had them for several years.  They looked like they where new.  She had the same thing happen with the renegade low's.  Lowa has this listed on their warranty page  - Boot Sole Separation (Hydrolysis)
https://www.lowaboots.com/about-lowa/warranty-and-repair/

I have also had the leather fail prematurely at the toe bend on a pair of Zephyrs.  I was able to glue it back shut, but now they are work around the house shoes, I can't trust them for much else.

I won't be buying more.

May that for which I prepare never come to pass.
Don't Tread On Me!

Offline HntnFsh

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2018, 11:18:48 AM »
The sole on my Renegades starting coming apart within a week.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 10:32:11 PM »
I'm running Tibets, going on 3 years....so far so good

Offline northwesthunter84

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2018, 07:59:37 AM »
Elkslayer- Lowa does have wides and also narrow in different models, I just checked there website for the Tibet GTX and Renegade GTX.  But I also found that if I went up a half size I wasnt smashing my toes on the down hill so I went with a 12 vice an 11.5W.

Offline Ironhead

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2018, 08:39:06 AM »
I have used nothing but Lowas for the last 9 years. I got 5 years out of the Sheep Hunters and I am going on 5 years with the EVO hunters Extreme GTX. They are a perfect fit for my feet, and very durable.
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Magnum_Willys

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2018, 08:40:30 AM »
Sounds like the Renegades are a gamble and the tibets a maybe.   Good info !

Offline branches

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2018, 07:46:09 PM »
I bought the Tibet GTX and I hiked about 20 miles on short hikes to break them in for elk hunting. They seemed to fit just fine and I had no worry's   about them for the up coming elk season. I went for a long hunt one day with the Tibet GTX My feet were killing me. By lunch time I had already made up my mind that when we got back to camp I was going start a fire and burn these boots to the ground that is how pissed I was about these boots. I can see that they are a very well made boot and I have read nothing but good reviews about them. I went back to my Zamberland boots and had no boot problems for the rest of elk season. I would keep an open mind on what boot to look for. Some boots fit very well for one person and not for somebody else. I still can not talk bad about the Tibet GTX because they are a well built boot with good features but every persons foot is different. so try as many boots on as you can. I hope this helps.

Offline Tundra

• Tracker
  • Groups: Lifetime Member NRA& B&C, SCI, DU, WWA, MDF, NAVHDA, 2AF
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2018, 07:45:53 AM »
Boots are so user specific its hard to match our experiences against what you will end up using them for as we all wear them differently.  I seem to get 2-3 years out of a boot and then it fails on me (soles wear down, inside liner tears, blisters go crazy, etc.).  After a few cycles of this I realized it was more how I used the boots than that the boots were bad boots. 

My cycle with the Lowa Tibets was similar.  Great initial boot, then after 2-3 seasons they tore my feet up.  Was not happy with how the soles wore down and I had multiple tears in the leather and bottom rand.  But, I beat the tar out of them hunting in Alaska too. 

Looking back with some perspective; I don't think they were any better, or worse than my previous boot the Cabela's Alaskan Meindls.  I am now running a pair of Crispi Guide boots.  I'd recommend all 3 with the above caveats in mind.  :)  Try these three and then run whatever one fits your foot best.  IMO they should fit well from the get go.

Offline luvmystang67

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2018, 07:58:18 AM »
I have some Lowa Tibets and have used them probably 3 years now.  In year two they started leaking in wet conditions.  I have tried different types of high end products on them to try to improve their water shedding, but it hasn't really helped.  They're still MOSTLY dry in damp conditions, but in heavy rain they 100% leak around the toes.  They're pretty stiff and it took me a while to break them in, I wouldn't really consider them broken in until probably the 50-100 mile mark,  I had blisters initially, but its been fine since.

I wish they didn't leak, because they finally fit and work well.  Even if I get a new pair for something similar I assume I'd still keep these for non-rainy days.

I honestly expected a little better when I bought them, but they've been fine.  I'm talking VERY wet environments.  I just expected they could handle it.  I guessed wrong.

Offline Tbob

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: King co. Search and Rescue
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2018, 01:18:56 PM »
I’ve had two pairs of the Renegade’s and really like them. The first pair went about 5 years with some serious abuse and were always comfy for my feet. Just opened the 2nd pair a few weeks ago. I got a smokin deal on Camofire for the 2nd pair though. I’d like to try some of the Nevada boots next.

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2018, 01:48:58 AM »
Never heard of em - Cool  :tup:

Offline SGTDuffman

• Scout
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2018, 06:05:10 AM »
I’ve been wearing a pair of Lowa Uplander GTX boots since 2009. Most comfortable boots I’ve ever worn, they’re like sneakers. For whatever it’s worth I wear Thorogoods every day for work. Of that time my hunting is usually about a week to ten days of elk/deer hunting during September. Sometimes I’ll make it out for a late hunt. My feet have never been wet (though it’s usually nice out in September) and I make no attempts to avoid any water shallower than the height of my boots. I’ve done rifle season only twice in that time. Once in 2009, and this last year. So I’ve been out from 0-100 degrees and my feet have been fine. Probably put about 100 miles a season on them.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]