collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Out of state boar hunting trip forming  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Beginnersmind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Out of state boar hunting trip forming
« on: March 19, 2018, 08:46:21 AM »
It’s that time of year and I’m putting together another boar hunt. With a group of four or five hunters so far (12 is the total limit on the party)  the basic plan will be to divide into two groups, the flyers and the drivers. The flyers will take a plane to our hunting state (either TX or OK, maybe ID) while the drivers will make a road trip of it, carrying the group’s guns and meat in a truck to avoid the hassles of getting both on a plane.

The hunting will take place on the second weekend in June, the 8th, 9th, and 10th. The flyers will help cover the costs of the drivers road trip and the drivers will pick the flyers up at the airport and take them to the hunting ranch for a weekend of worthy endeavors.

Right now I’m kind of leaning towards going to this place in OK to try it out and get both ambush hunting and spot and stalk. http://www.oklahomaboarhunters.com

But in the past I’ve gone to  http://boarcreek.com and http://www.europeanwildboarhunt.com. The folk who firmly agree to go by March 23rd will make all final decisions about timing and venue.

Costs will likely run in the $500 to $1,500 range, depending on what ranch we choose, how many people are going, and if we have to use a rental truck or no.

You’ll need to bring all of your own hunting and gutting/skinning gear. Some ranches provide cleaning of the boar and some don’t.

In terms of personality I’m not a, ‘yahoo,’ hunter. The object for me isn’t to just go kill whatever is moving but to harvest meat I’ll feed to me and mine. To be directly involved with what it means to eat meat. So far the other hunters come from a mixture of the Seattle scuba and alternative communities and we are welcoming of all genders, orientations, ethnicities and so on. If a road trip with a bunch of hunting freaks and geeks doesn’t sound like your thing you probably don’t want to come along with us.

But if you’re a poly burner who also hunts, dives, codes, and/or games you’ll fit right in. :)

Send me an email at rgrthe1st@gmail.com if you want to talk about coming along. I’ll try to check back here regularly over the next week but email is best.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Wall Tents Tips and Tricks by ghosthunter
[Today at 09:23:03 PM]

Buglebuster family’s youth turkey season by WapitiTalk1
[Today at 08:52:46 PM]

Washington Lifesize Black Bear by HntnFsh
[Today at 08:36:47 PM]

Eastern elk auction by fishngamereaper
[Today at 08:05:29 PM]

Favorite 10mm Handguns by actionshooter
[Today at 07:46:01 PM]