collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: US Forest Servce Director Resigns After Sexual Misconduct Allegations  (Read 6583 times)

Offline olyguy79

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: US Forest Servce Director Resigns After Sexual Misconduct Allegations
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2018, 10:19:01 AM »
No new rules necessary.  If you're going to make a political post.  You should consider putting it in the proper category, off-topics.

The op could have made a newsworthy post about outdoor agencies without making it political.  He chose not to.
The flipping article mentioned he was an appointee!!
Twenty words first uttered by OP was assigning blame to Trump, twice.  If he did not want to make it a political topic, why bother?
He's the director of the agency! His hiring/firing/resigning/etc will be political no matter what.

Offline olyguy79

• Scout
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2018, 10:20:01 AM »
If this was 2010 and Tooke was an Obama appointee would everyone be upset that Bigtex mentioned he was Obama appointee? I highly doubt it.
I'll repeat this....

The post was clearly meant to trash Trump even though this USFS employee was actually ousted during the Trump Administration after years of working during other administrations? I agree with the comment that this is a societal thing, look at all the sicko's we have right here in WA, a democratic stronghold. I really don't think you can blame Trump anymore than you can blame Inslee for the actions of the mayor of Seattle or the sex perverts in WDFW! :dunno:
Did Bigtex, or anyone actually blame Trump?

Yes, it appears he did.
The first line of his post comments about Trump, when you look at the link that comment is nonexistent in  the sotry. It appears to be the opinion of bigtex!

Tooke is a Trump appointee and has been the USFS Chief/Director since September
Simply looks like a statement to me. I'm just a guy who doesn't participate in much political talk on the forum, but all he said was that he was appointed by Trump and has been in his role since September. Doesn't seem like anything other than a statement of fact to me, but like I said, I normally don't get into politics on here, so what do I know.....
:yeah:

I don't see anything from Bigtex celebrating a Trump failure or anything like that at all.

Offline olyguy79

• Scout
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2018, 10:20:50 AM »
If this was 2010 and Tooke was an Obama appointee would everyone be upset that Bigtex mentioned he was Obama appointee? I highly doubt it.
I'll repeat this....

The post was clearly meant to trash Trump even though this USFS employee was actually ousted during the Trump Administration after years of working during other administrations? I agree with the comment that this is a societal thing, look at all the sicko's we have right here in WA, a democratic stronghold. I really don't think you can blame Trump anymore than you can blame Inslee for the actions of the mayor of Seattle or the sex perverts in WDFW! :dunno:
Yes, it appears he did.
The first line of his post comments about Trump, when you look at the link that comment is nonexistent in  the sotry. It appears to be the opinion of bigtex!

From the article:
"Tooke was appointed as Forest Service chief by Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue on August 21, 2017."

The Secretaries choose candidates and the Trump admin approves them.

Apparently you missed that sentence
I saw that, it's right in the story. But that doesn't change the fact that it appears bigtex wrote the first line himself.
I really don't care if you guys like or dislike Trump, but why try to avoid the truth!  :dunno:
Here's the truth: Tooke was appointed by the Trump administration.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2018, 10:25:29 AM »
Who knew stating a fact would get me in trouble?

Most know I voted for Trump.

Apparently I just need to only post about legislation, Mike Cenci, proposed rules, and those other non-political things....

Oh wait, it's all political!

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2018, 10:26:33 AM »
Nice strawman.  You needled the first guy who agreed that Tooke should be gone.

Here's the truth: Tooke was appointed by the Trump administration.

Here's the truth.  Nobody is disputing that.  By making it a political character assertion, and then hiding/denying that point, this has devolved into a political discussion, whereas valuable larger questions of federal bureaucracy negligence and ineptitude are being ignored.  Sad.

I'm out.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2018, 10:35:09 AM »
Who knew stating a fact would get me in trouble?

Most know I voted for Trump.

Apparently I just need to only post about legislation, Mike Cenci, proposed rules, and those other non-political things....

Oh wait, it's all political!

I don't care what you say and I don't know why you think you are in any trouble?  :dunno:

Olyguy asked a question and I simply answered his question. I don't see any big deal, carry on!  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2018, 10:40:58 AM »
You yourself accused him of blaming Trump for this because of the statement he made opening the thread. I don't see a gray area here.

I'll repeat this....

Yes, it appears he did.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2018, 10:53:00 AM »
Yes I did after olyguy asked the question, the words are there, they appear to be his choice of words? Am I wrong? Maybe he didn't mean it as it came across? Maybe you are assuming more than I meant, I simply answered the question? I'm not sure how this has turned into more than it should be?

You yourself accused him of blaming Trump for this because of the statement he made opening the thread. I don't see a gray area here.

I'll repeat this....

Yes, it appears he did.

Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2018, 11:17:54 AM »
I just can't figure out where bigtex "clearly intended to trash Trump" by posting that comment in his opener as has been insinuated in multiple posts from multiple people in this thread. Maybe I'm reading something wrong, but the accusation seems pretty black and white.

Yes I did after olyguy asked the question, the words are there, they appear to be his choice of words? Am I wrong? Maybe he didn't mean it as it came across? Maybe you are assuming more than I meant, I simply answered the question? I'm not sure how this has turned into more than it should be?

I'll repeat this....

The post was clearly meant to trash Trump even though this USFS employee was actually ousted during the Trump Administration after years of working during other administrations?
I agree with the comment that this is a societal thing, look at all the sicko's we have right here in WA, a democratic stronghold. I really don't think you can blame Trump anymore than you can blame Inslee for the actions of the mayor of Seattle or the sex perverts in WDFW! :dunno:

Yes, it appears he did.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 11:25:29 AM by jackelope »
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2018, 11:25:08 AM »
deleted

decided not to get involved

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2018, 12:48:10 PM »
Since you are asking I will answer.

I think founderz said it best: By making it a political character assertion

That is exactly the way it appeared to me. The sentence clearly says Trump! It does not say Trump Administration and it wasn't part of the story at the link, it appears bigtex penned the comment! Maybe he didn't mean Trump, maybe he wasn't making a political assertion, but that is what it says so that is how I replied to olyguy's question? If bigtex didn't mean Trump or was not making a political assertion why did he say that? Why didn't he just post the story? Then after this became an issue for whatever reason, why didn't bigtex just say that isn't what he meant? Instead he makes a comment that he is in trouble which is totally false, nobody is in trouble, this is just a conversation that might only be a misunderstanding of what was written, what was meant, or how some of us read the comment. I'm really not sure? :dunno:

I just can't figure out where bigtex "clearly intended to trash Trump" by posting that comment in his opener as has been insinuated in multiple posts from multiple people in this thread. Maybe I'm reading something wrong, but the accusation seems pretty black and white.

I'll repeat this....

The post was clearly meant to trash Trump even though this USFS employee was actually ousted during the Trump Administration after years of working during other administrations?
I agree with the comment that this is a societal thing, look at all the sicko's we have right here in WA, a democratic stronghold. I really don't think you can blame Trump anymore than you can blame Inslee for the actions of the mayor of Seattle or the sex perverts in WDFW! :dunno:

Yes, it appears he did.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2018, 01:38:14 PM »
Since you are asking I will answer.

I'll repeat this....

Yes, it appears he did.

I didn't mean "in trouble" in terms of discipline. But rather the backlash for pointing out who appointed him.

I'm over it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline bearpaw

• Administrator
  • Legend
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2018, 01:45:05 PM »
no worries on this end  :brew:

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal