collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Proposed Federal/Trump Budget Would Cut Game Wardens in Coastal States  (Read 7683 times)

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
Re: Proposed Federal/Trump Budget Would Cut Game Wardens in Coastal States
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 10:50:59 PM »
but it's irrelevant to the topic of feds withdrawing funds
the feds can withdraw all they want if the state was fining accordingly.if it cost the state 2 million a year to run,(way more just an example)then the state needs to match that in fines from poachers and other violations plus licenses and fees pertaining to WDFW.That's business 101.
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 10:58:19 PM »
but it's irrelevant to the topic of feds withdrawing funds
the feds can withdraw all they want if the state was fining accordingly.if it cost the state 2 million a year to run,(way more just an example)then the state needs to match that in fines from poachers and other violations plus licenses and fees pertaining to WDFW.That's business 101.
The fines go to the county coffers and not back to WDFW.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 11:01:48 PM »
All of it?If so still the county that makes the money don't need as much from the state.The counties that make the most have the most problems and can get more enforcement.There just has to be a way to make it all work at a state level somehow.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 11:03:38 PM »
All of it?
99% of it. The only thing that doesn't are civil fines related to big game poaching. All criminal fines go to the county.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 11:06:21 PM »
Poaching is poaching,I wish all poaching was penalized the same.  :twocents:
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Scvette

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 11:28:21 PM »
There's a lot of waste at noaa enforcement,a few years ago there was an article written about the waste. My numbers aren't correct but there was something like 3-4 vehicles for every agent working,there was a 80' luxury vessel bought and called an enforcement vessel.  It needs to be cleaned up.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 11:41:39 PM »
There's a lot of waste at noaa enforcement,a few years ago there was an article written about the waste. My numbers aren't correct but there was something like 3-4 vehicles for every agent working,there was a 80' luxury vessel bought and called an enforcement vessel.  It needs to be cleaned up.

Drive by any forest service district office, (or any other government office) there will be a huge amount of vehicles and people employed there doing something? Mostly figuring out ways to keep the public from using the forest! For some reason they can't even grade a road in the forest anymore, if there is a washout they just shut down the road indefinitely. I'm all for cleaning up a lot of these agencies, for once someone needs to cut their budgets and make them learn to live within the financial means of the United States like the rest of us have had to do!  DRAIN THE SWAMP! :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 11:52:05 PM »
Drive by any forest service district office, (or any other government office) there will be a huge amount of vehicles and people employed there doing something? Mostly figuring out ways to keep the public from using the forest! For some reason they can't even grade a road in the forest anymore, if there is a washout they just shut down the road indefinitely. I'm all for cleaning up a lot of these agencies, for once someone needs to cut their budgets and make them learn to live within the financial means of the United States like the rest of us have had to do!  DRAIN THE SWAMP! :twocents:
I hope you realize the local "ground pounders" aren't the ones who are "figuring out ways to keep the public from using the forest!" in fact most politicians who speak out against land management agencies say its not the local employees but rather those at HQ.

In terms of Trump's proposed budge for the USFS, the biggest cuts are in the portion of the USFS we don't think about. Such as the state & private forestry programs, research, and maintenance. The actual "National Forest System" portion of the USFS is looking pretty healthy under the Trump budget.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 11:53:18 PM »
That was almost 10 years ago and it's been cleaned up. Three directors later, almost an entirely new workforce and a smaller budget from Congress. They got slapped pretty hard.

Offline olyguy79

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2018, 11:55:34 PM »
I hope you realize the local "ground pounders" aren't the ones who are "figuring out ways to keep the public from using the forest!" in fact most politicians who speak out against land management agencies say its not the local employees but rather those at HQ.
:yeah:

Funny thing is there are fewer government workers employed by the fed land management agencies the past 5 years then there has been for decades. Blame declining budgets, budgets being diverted to wildfires, and other reasons as the cause.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2018, 01:43:21 AM »
Fire fighters aren't government employees? What agency stopped logging which resulted in over aged forests?

During the last decade many Americans have lost jobs, taken pay cuts, reduced their lifestyles, lost their business, lost their retirements, lost their homes, lost their health insurance, and have barely made ends meet. At the same time politicians and government workers have experienced pay increases and free healthcare. A little correction is not unreasonable. I doubt we'll see any full scale correction, but many people are going to be happy to see any correction that happens, even if it may not seem fair to some people. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger telling you the way it is!  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2018, 05:17:08 AM »
Fire fighters aren't government employees? What agency stopped logging which resulted in over aged forests?

During the last decade many Americans have lost jobs, taken pay cuts, reduced their lifestyles, lost their business, lost their retirements, lost their homes, lost their health insurance, and have barely made ends meet. At the same time politicians and government workers have experienced pay increases and free healthcare. A little correction is not unreasonable. I doubt we'll see any full scale correction, but many people are going to be happy to see any correction that happens, even if it may not seem fair to some people. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger telling you the way it is!  :twocents:
Free health care for fed employees.  I must have missed that day because I haven't seen it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline Fl0und3rz

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Legend
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2018, 06:00:02 AM »
"In WA this comes to about a million dollars a year which fully funds three WDFW Officer positions and the vehicle/vessel maintenance, fuel, etc to deal with federal fisheries enforcement."

I don't think I am the only one surprised to learn here that for $1 million, the government only gets 3 guys and a boat for our money.

At that rate, I am inclined to say privatize it and incentivize citizen co-enforcement of it.

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2018, 07:40:23 AM »

Free health care for fed employees.  I must have missed that day because I haven't seen it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
:yeah:
#fakenews

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline bigtex

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2018, 07:41:22 AM »
"In WA this comes to about a million dollars a year which fully funds three WDFW Officer positions and the vehicle/vessel maintenance, fuel, etc to deal with federal fisheries enforcement."

I don't think I am the only one surprised to learn here that for $1 million, the government only gets 3 guys and a boat for our money.

At that rate, I am inclined to say privatize it and incentivize citizen co-enforcement of it.
Where did I say A boat?

You apparently missed where I said it equated to 6 officers... but fully funded 3 positions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1