collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Colockum cows?  (Read 4930 times)

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Colockum cows?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 05:03:52 PM »
I was hoping on permits. That place is getting crazy crowded.  :twocents:

Offline Calvin Rayborn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, ATA Gold-Card Life Member
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 10:09:20 AM »
There was 100 of 'em sittin' on there butts at the top of Ryegrass yesterday...Right off the darn freeway!

Offline NOCK NOCK

• Timberdog Slabs
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Timberdog Slab Designs
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432
    • Timberdogslabs.com
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2018, 02:59:01 PM »
I was hoping on permits. That place is getting crazy crowded.  :twocents:

:yeah:
Live edge Slab woods, Log Furniture, Beds, Dressers, Tables, Chairs, Custom signs, Décor, Cedar fencing w/artwork cutting. Supplies
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063502962432

Offline ballpark

• Salty
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 03:29:28 PM »
Wind farm this year offered 50 permits a day during Modern.  Don't know about archery, but if you have a cow tag I would consider the wind farm.  We did well during Modern 3 for 3. :tup:

Offline bowhunterforever

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 03:53:55 PM »
Wind farm this year offered 50 permits a day during Modern.  Don't know about archery, but if you have a cow tag I would consider the wind farm.  We did well during Modern 3 for 3. :tup:
How do you go about getting a permit from them and is there roads you can drive? Pm me if you want
You sure you know how to skin griz pilgram

Offline ian_padron

• Scout
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 08:34:24 PM »
They need to close all the roads in 328 and 329 during ALL hunting seasons. Make it a hell of a lot more fun and get rid of the truck hunters that have no business being back there.

Would be an epic hunt with less pressure.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Offline elkcamp64

• Pilgrim
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 08:47:50 PM »
As a precursor to my comments, and any reflections that may arise from fellow members, may we remember that regardless of the hunting cloth we’re each cut from, we are of the same blood line. We are hunters and like any family, we will argue, disagree and at times, not even like each other.
The ultimate goal, like a family, is to not let our differences separate us and give the ultra-liberals the victory they so badly want.
This said, I agree with the limiting of cow elk harvesting in the 300 series GMU’s.  My rationale has everything to with fair opportunity for each of the three hunting groups (bow, modern, muzzy). To cut straight to the chase, I have over 25 years of hunting the 328 and 329. As an elk camp with members with over 40 years at our site, few on this forum have more firsthand experience of the ‘Colockum’ changes than us. My point in saying this is not to brag, but perhaps give credibility to my premise. Collectively, we have several hundred years of 328, 329 history. We’ve seen it all up there, and no single change has been more significant to the muzzy and modern hunters than the implementation of open cow to bow hunters. The impact on the heard, post the archery season, is undisputable. By the end of archery, the elk have made a mass exodus to the reserve and stay there through the remaining seasons. Does this resultant equate to parity and fairness to the remaining groups? NO.
This change is four years over due.
We can all have our own opinions, but not our own facts.  And to the elimination of all cow harvesting for a period of time:  I’d support that type of move with the exception of those over an agreed upon elderly age and the disabled.
To close, those who claim they will stop hunting as a result of this potential change, I’d suggest you reflect how important this privilege is to you. We were once a camp that solely hunted modern. It killed us as at first to change our hunting identity but the Colockum devolved so we had to evolve.  I hope you can do the same, we are all an important part of maintaining this areas carrying heard health.
I wish all health and hunting success.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw