collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 10 Wolves Killed in North Idaho to Help Elk Numbers  (Read 2652 times)

Offline HaydenHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter

Offline Bullkllr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
Re: 10 Wolves Killed in North Idaho to Help Elk Numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 07:16:35 AM »
I can't get the link to work, but yeah!
"Making good people helpless will not make bad people harmless"

Offline TVHunts

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+56)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA-RSO,RMEF,DU, Marysville Rifle Club
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 07:19:01 AM »
Chipping away, every dead wolf helps  :tup:

Too bad WDFW isn’t as smart IF&G
MAGA

Hey Slobbering JOE,

STOP the freaking INVASION

Offline TVHunts

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+56)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA-RSO,RMEF,DU, Marysville Rifle Club
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 07:19:55 AM »
MAGA

Hey Slobbering JOE,

STOP the freaking INVASION

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 02:40:22 PM »
"Fish and Game has liberal harvest rules for bears and mountain lions, but wolves are more challenging to hunt."

“We’ve made an obligation to try to manage this elk herd at levels at maybe not peak levels, but at least bring it back to levels that we’ve seen in the past that were adequate for hunting,” said Jim Hayden, a biologist with Fish and Game."

How long will it be before WDF&wolves manage predators to promote hunting?

Never?

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 09:52:40 AM »
The Lolo elk population is at 13%, only about 2,000 elk left, they figure they have 65-100 wolves in there, they need to kill another 55-90 wolves to give the elk a chance to recover.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 10:55:52 AM »
The Lolo elk population is at 13%, only about 2,000 elk left, they figure they have 65-100 wolves in there, they need to kill another 55-90 wolves to give the elk a chance to recover.

A real shame what has happened to the Lolo elk herd, I agree that a whole lot more wolves need to be taken out to save that herd. More and more of our historical game herds are being decimated by wolves and other predators, like I said before "something isn't quite right", the Methow mule deer herd will be next, hovered around 30k to 35k for decades and since wolves and the predator explosion in the valley they claim its about half that now, and continues its tailspin. I would bet that myself and other folks that know that herd would say its a whole lot less than what WDFW claim, a WHOLE lot less. Its a good thing Idaho is at least taking wolves out to benefit an elk herd even though a lot more need to go, I highly doubt we would ever see Washington take out predators to help our game herds, I truly hope Im wrong.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 11:30:55 AM »

A real shame what has happened to the Lolo elk herd, I agree that a whole lot more wolves need to be taken out to save that herd. More and more of our historical game herds are being decimated by wolves and other predators, like I said before "something isn't quite right", the Methow mule deer herd will be next, hovered around 30k to 35k for decades and since wolves and the predator explosion in the valley they claim its about half that now, and continues its tailspin. I would bet that myself and other folks that know that herd would say its a whole lot less than what WDFW claim, a WHOLE lot less. Its a good thing Idaho is at least taking wolves out to benefit an elk herd even though a lot more need to go, I highly doubt we would ever see Washington take out predators to help our game herds, I truly hope Im wrong.

At least IDFG have liberal hunting of cougars and bears. WA game herds are getting slammed from all sides while WDF&wolves refuse to acknowledge the impact of excessive predation.

Offline bigmacc

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 01:01:36 PM »

At least IDFG have liberal hunting of cougars and bears. WA game herds are getting slammed from all sides while WDF&wolves refuse to acknowledge the impact of excessive predation.

Yep, I agree, IDFG is at least making an effort to controll predators and unfortunately you are right about this state even acknowledging that predators old and new are decimating our herds, it will be sad if in a few years we are talking about(AT ONE TIME) the states largest mule deer herd only having a few thousand head left in it and at the rate the Methow herd has declined in the last 15 years the time of only having a few thousand left like the Lolo elk herd is only a handful of years away I,m afraid..... :twocents:

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]