collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bow season vs other seasons  (Read 10400 times)

Offline elkcamp64

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Bow season vs other seasons
« on: March 19, 2018, 01:52:53 PM »
As a precursor to my comments, and any reflections that may arise from fellow members, may we remember that regardless of the hunting cloth we’re each cut from, we are of the same blood line. We are hunters and like any family, we will argue, disagree and at times, not even like each other.
The ultimate goal, like a family, is to not let our differences separate us and give the ultra-liberals the victory they so badly want.
This said, I agree with the limiting of cow elk harvesting in the 300 series GMU’s.  My rationale has everything to with fair opportunity for each of the three hunting groups (bow, modern, muzzy). To cut straight to the chase, I have over 25 years of hunting the 328 and 329. As an elk camp with members with over 40 years at our site, few on this forum have more firsthand experience of the ‘Colockum’ changes than us. My point in saying this is not to brag, but perhaps give credibility to my premise. Collectively, we have several hundred years of 328, 329 history. We’ve seen it all up there, and no single change has been more significant to the muzzy and modern hunters than the implementation of open cow to bow hunters. The impact on the heard, post the archery season, is undisputable. By the end of archery, the elk have made a mass exodus to the reserve and stay there through the remaining seasons. Does this resultant equate to parity and fairness to the remaining groups? NO.
This change is four years over due.
We can all have our own opinions, but not our own facts.  And to the elimination of all cow harvesting for a period of time:  I’d support that type of move with the exception of those over an agreed upon elderly age and the disabled.
To close, those who claim they will stop hunting as a result of this potential change, I’d suggest you reflect how important this privilege is to you. We were once a camp that solely hunted modern. It killed us as at first to change our hunting identity but the Colockum devolved so we had to evolve.  I hope you can do the same, we are all an important part of maintaining this areas carrying heard health.
I wish all health and hunting success.

Offline elkcamp64

• Pilgrim
Bow hunters vs other hunters
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 02:06:28 PM »
As a precursor to my comments, and any reflections that may arise from fellow members, may we remember that regardless of the hunting cloth we’re each cut from, we are of the same blood line. We are hunters and like any family, we will argue, disagree and at times, not even like each other.
The ultimate goal, like a family, is to not let our differences separate us and give the ultra-liberals the victory they so badly want.
This said, I agree with the limiting of cow elk harvesting in the 300 series GMU’s.  My rationale has everything to with fair opportunity for each of the three hunting groups (bow, modern, muzzy). To cut straight to the chase, I have over 25 years of hunting the 328 and 329. As an elk camp with members with over 40 years at our site, few on this forum have more firsthand experience of the ‘Colockum’ changes than us. My point in saying this is not to brag, but perhaps give credibility to my premise. Collectively, we have several hundred years of 328, 329 history. We’ve seen it all up there, and no single change has been more significant to the muzzy and modern hunters than the implementation of open cow to bow hunters. The impact on the heard, post the archery season, is undisputable. By the end of archery, the elk have made a mass exodus to the reserve and stay there through the remaining seasons. Does this resultant equate to parity and fairness to the remaining groups? NO.
We can all have our own opinions, but not our own facts.  And to the elimination of all cow harvesting for a period of time:  I’d support that type of move with the exception of those over an agreed upon elderly age and the disabled.
To close, those who claim they will stop hunting as a result of this potential change, I’d suggest you reflect how important this privilege is to you. We were once a camp that solely hunted modern. It killed us as at first to change our hunting identity but the Colockum devolved so we had to evolve.  I hope you can do the same, we are all an important part of maintaining this areas carrying heard health.

Offline JKEEN33

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Longhunter
Re: Bow season vs other seasons
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 02:08:55 PM »
As an archery hunter, I say close down muzzy and modern seasons completely. More animals will survive and I won’t have to hear the sniveling about how archery ran all the animals off. My camp has yours beat on years of experience so our conclusions, I guess, would override yours.

Sounds to me like that would solve the problem.

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
Re: Bow hunters vs other hunters
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 02:42:38 PM »
I’m a die hard bow hunter. Grew up in Wenatchee. Hunt the same area. Love it.

Offline Mfowl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 02:52:43 PM »
As an archery hunter, I say close down muzzy and modern seasons completely. More animals will survive and I won’t have to hear the sniveling about how archery ran all the animals off. My camp has yours beat on years of experience so our conclusions, I guess, would override yours.

Wow...holier than thow much?...
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline JKEEN33

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 02:57:52 PM »

It’s calked sarcasm. Did you read the original post? His 20 years of experience qualifies him to decide archers should lose access? Deen the rest of the post out here about archers ruining the opportunity for other seasons? Kind of a joke, but to be expected here. SOS different day.

Wow...holier than thow much?...

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 03:04:26 PM »
Who lost access to the Colockum?   

Offline elkcamp64

• Pilgrim
bow hunters vs other hunters
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 08:41:30 PM »

Offline 92xj

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
Re: bow hunters vs other hunters
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 08:48:39 PM »
Jim, posting this mutliple times in multi forums doesn't make your personal opinion mean anymore.
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline elkcamp64

• Pilgrim
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 09:13:51 PM »
JKEEN33,MFOWL….
Present facts to my posting please. Nebulas victimization of yourself is all that is needed to disregard your arguments by any true intended contributor here.
No one believes in the first amendment more than myself, so have at your follies. But do so at the expense of revealing your true intellectual depth and understanding of game management and fair hunting opportunity.
I insulted no one in my original posting, and only a weak mind coupled with an insecure personal constitution would play the word games against me. It is truly a shame that the tattered threads of this states hunting family are more likely to be eventually torn from within, than from otherwise.
I wish you well

Offline lord grizzly

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 09:17:07 PM »
What a silly thread. If one seasons better than the other, hunt the better season . If that’s not the first place your reasoning takes you then your probably not real serious about filling a tag in the first place

Offline elkcamp64

• Pilgrim
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 09:57:54 PM »
92xj...
Posting my opinion in multiple locations is metaphorically likened to casting a wider net. The subject matter therein is multidimensional and touches on several hunting parameters and thus, a single address is unrealistic to making a point, and reaching such a broad forum.
This said, should the above need to be pointed out to you, responding to the unsophisticated and sophomoric  retort “doesn’t make your personal opinion mean anymore”  would be a mere waste of time.
I wish you well

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 10:00:06 PM »
Blah blah blah
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 11:36:42 PM »
I did not see it anywhere but here so far so,Thank you for posting it.Made a lot of sense in my opinion and i hunt all 3 whether multi or from switching around every once in a while.The fact is we have been up and down between groups getting more here and there and always complaining when the so called other group gets more.Sorry but to the ones that are complaining about what is go ahead and take your ball and stay home the rest of us will enjoy what it is we are still allowed to hunt.

User group against user group is always a fail!
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline W_Ellison2011

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2018, 05:51:47 PM »
Dude can't find elk and thus blames the archery hunters for shooting legal animals... that's what I'm getting from this post...

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]