collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looking for advice on Kauai  (Read 8772 times)

Online Call em in

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Hunter
Looking for advice on Kauai
« on: March 22, 2018, 07:40:57 PM »
Hello and thanks for reading...

The wife and I will be in Kauai from April 5-16.  I'm looking for ideas from people who have gone.  Any information on hunting, fishing, adventure activities, even beaches or restaurants.  If you went and enjoyed it, I'd like to hear about it.  I'd really like to make this trip special. 

I look forward to your suggestions.  Thank you for your time!

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
Re: Looking for advice on Kauai
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 07:56:25 PM »
Satay ahi wrap at the mermaid cafe.

Offline WAcoueshunter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 07:56:54 PM »
What part of the island are you staying? 

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 08:08:16 PM »
Poipu is a great place to snorkel.
Thirteen miles up from there is a Waimea canyon. The fern Grotto is a cool tourist boat trip, with a lot of history.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Online Call em in

• Hunter
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 08:11:44 PM »

Kapaa

Online Call em in

• Hunter
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 08:15:50 PM »
Poipu is a great place to snorkel.
Thirteen miles up from there is a Waimea canyon. The fern Grotto is a cool tourist boat trip, with a lot of history.

We went Poipu and Waimea on our honeymoon and are excited to go back.  We didn't have time for the Fern Grotto last time but will have to check it out this time.  Thanks!

Did you go on a power boat tour or kayak? 

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 08:17:18 PM »
The open air halicopter ride was a ton of fun too!

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 08:17:51 PM »

Kapaa

My parents had a Condo at Plantation Hale in Kapaa for 25 years. Sold it in 2003.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Online Call em in

• Hunter
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 08:18:19 PM »
Satay ahi wrap at the mermaid cafe.

sounds great!

Offline Luna butte

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Tracker
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 08:22:35 PM »
The south side of the island is more sun, the north has a bit more rain but it's still Hawaii plenty of sun.  Cjm stables in poipu has a great breakfast trail ride, I used to be a guide for Jim Miranda the owner of cjm.

I preferred staying on the south side. For surfing/bodyboarding head to majors bay it's got the best waves on the island (imo), kipu falls is super cool place to swim. You really can't go wrong on that island.

Lots of polo type clubs on the north end with fancier restaurants. Brush up on your pigeon brah!

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 08:35:42 PM »
Great cigars and spiced rum are made on the island. make sure you buy a fifth and at least 1 cigar. I love them.  Stop at the taco shack near the end of the road on the north shore. Great Ahi tacos. Rent a Jeep there is no reason to get a sports car and head To the south shore near the radar station. There is a glueton free bakery in Lahue. Booze is cheap. Do one of the irrigation canal floats. Buy a wrist rocket and a bag or 2 of marbles to shoot rouge chickens on your adventures from the walmart.

No license for fishing on the ocean. If your into alternative building check out the Air Crete Dome Gaia workshop. ive been to the island 3 times. I stayed in Kona last time and will be going back to Kauai next time.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Online Call em in

• Hunter
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 08:57:56 PM »
The south side of the island is more sun, the north has a bit more rain but it's still Hawaii plenty of sun.  Cjm stables in poipu has a great breakfast trail ride, I used to be a guide for Jim Miranda the owner of cjm.

I preferred staying on the south side. For surfing/bodyboarding head to majors bay it's got the best waves on the island (imo), kipu falls is super cool place to swim. You really can't go wrong on that island.

Lots of polo type clubs on the north end with fancier restaurants. Brush up on your pigeon brah!

Awsome thx for the tips.  Did you do any hunting or fishing while you were there? I have been lucky enough to hunt pig on the islands and love that.  I have seen Spanish goats while hiking the canyons but have never hunted them.

Online Call em in

• Hunter
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 09:01:19 PM »
Great cigars and spiced rum are made on the island. make sure you buy a fifth and at least 1 cigar. I love them.  Stop at the taco shack near the end of the road on the north shore. Great Ahi tacos. Rent a Jeep there is no reason to get a sports car and head To the south shore near the radar station. There is a glueton free bakery in Lahue. Booze is cheap. Do one of the irrigation canal floats. Buy a wrist rocket and a bag or 2 of marbles to shoot rouge chickens on your adventures from the walmart.

No license for fishing on the ocean. If your into alternative building check out the Air Crete Dome Gaia workshop. ive been to the island 3 times. I stayed in Kona last time and will be going back to Kauai next time.

I have had many varieties of Koloa Rum and absolutely love it!  Where do you get your cigars?  Do you remember the name/location of the taco shack?   

Offline SeaRun1

• Longhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 09:02:29 PM »
You should definitely find some time to do the boat tour that takes you to the Napili Coast.  That is a pretty amazing sight.

We stayed in Princeton and mostly on the north side.  I am an avid free diver and found quite a few amazing places to get out and see the reefs.  I like the free diving better on Kauai by far.

I second the rum made on Kauai.  I have a friend who has family that works at the distillery and it is good stuff!

Wish I was going back to that Island but it is back to Maui this year.  Have fun!

SR1

Online Call em in

• Hunter
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 09:17:14 PM »
You should definitely find some time to do the boat tour that takes you to the Napili Coast.  That is a pretty amazing sight.

We stayed in Princeton and mostly on the north side.  I am an avid free diver and found quite a few amazing places to get out and see the reefs.  I like the free diving better on Kauai by far.

I second the rum made on Kauai.  I have a friend who has family that works at the distillery and it is good stuff!

Wish I was going back to that Island but it is back to Maui this year.  Have fun!

SR1

Thank you!  Have fun on Maui!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]