collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Zinke Fully Supports North Cascades Grizzly Recovery  (Read 7945 times)

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Old Salt
Re: Zinke Fully Supports North Cascades Grizzly Recovery
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 11:50:46 AM »
Thanks  :yeah:,Any back ground on them?What have they done so far?
"Boss of the woods"
(this is in reference to the biggie not me).

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 11:52:42 AM »
Thanks  :yeah:,Any back ground on them?What have they done so far?

I sent a link to wa.hunter He is heavily involved in the org. I can't tag him for whatever reason. Might send him a message for more info or review the website.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 11:57:25 AM »
Ok thank you sir.I want more on this group as i am sure others will as well.I didn't know they were even a group until now,Which is not a good thing neither is it a good thing they have been since 1995 and i didn't know they existed.So main question is with all the damage done to our state hunting and fishing resources what have they done or tried to do?
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 12:24:30 PM »
I just wish there was a group to join similar to NRA that would fight for our hunting and fishing rights in this state.  I'm tired of them eroding away piece by piece.
Do belong to any kind of hunting club or Organization? If you do tell them to join the Hunters Heritage Council, or thier sister organization, Washington for Wildlife Conservation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 12:33:46 PM »
I belong to DSC. GOA and NRA.Didn't know about any local that ever really made any kind of diff.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2018, 12:59:16 PM »
I love when Zinke says he's confident that we have the skills to put grizzly's back there without the managers having to face unintended consequences.   

There are ALWAYS unintended consequences....

He just won't be the one that has to deal with them.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 01:00:45 PM »
I was at the Last WWC/HHC meeting so i will tell you my impressions. They only hold quarterly meetings all Held in Ellensburg. the Washington for Wildlife Conservation is a 501c3 non profit. You can Join as an individual, however most members are sportsmens groups. Several SCI chapters, KBH archery Club, MDF chapter, Washington State Trappers Association and several others that i dont remember the name of. It is made up of a diverse group of folks many of which are on here. There are retired WDFW wardens, long time members of the WDFW in some kind of volunteer capacity. Thier goal as state on the web page is to ORGANIZE and UNITE wildlife interest groups to protect the rights of Wa citizens, mgt by science, oppose animal rights extreamists, defend management techniques used to control wild life. This group of folks have lots of institutional knowledge because they have been politically active and involved for a long time. Lots of heavy hitters with the right combo of political and financial connections to make a difference. The President of the WWC is a member of the Hunters Heritage Council which is a 501c4  non profit to promote hunting. unlike the WWC it CAN and does lobby directly for sportsmen. They have a Lobbyist in Olympia that helps HHC direct its efforts in the most efficient way possible.

IMO here is the strength of this organization. They are already known by many of the legislators, and have done a lot of work behind the scenes protecting our rights. They know how the system works, who to talk to, and the experience of how to make things happen.

My observed Weakness...  Most of these folks are not tech savvy. There are a couple that are and work hard wearing many hats... But the vast majority are Tech illiterate except Email. They also lack promotional reach. While they were at the Sportsman show, most of us recognize that the old way of reaching the public is time consuming and ineffective. Like a lot of organizations they need some one whom can dedication time to promotion.

There is a lot of opportunity for sportsmen, we dont have to reinvent the wheel... We just need to rally  more individuals and organizations to sign up.  If your looking for an opportunity to  to make the greatest bang for your buck volunteering to promote the hunting heritage in general.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 01:05:25 PM »
Ok thank you sir.I want more on this group as i am sure others will as well.I didn't know they were even a group until now,Which is not a good thing neither is it a good thing they have been since 1995 and i didn't know they existed.So main question is with all the damage done to our state hunting and fishing resources what have they done or tried to do?

This organization had a hand in us getting rid of the director. They suffer from not self promoting themselves, part of this stems from the fact that many issues they deal with before it hits the news. You live close enough you should attend a meeting. They seem to have a finger on the pulse of what is going on before the general public ever hears about it.

Confucius

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2018, 02:15:56 PM »
If they want members to join and they are not very tech savvy as you put it,These meetings should be open to non members to just go and learn about their group.I want to go but not sure if i should need to pay for a membership to find out if i like what they are doing.I will ponder it for a bit.
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 11:03:29 PM »
If they want members to join and they are not very tech savvy as you put it,These meetings should be open to non members to just go and learn about their group.I want to go but not sure if i should need to pay for a membership to find out if i like what they are doing.I will ponder it for a bit.
I wasn't a member when i went to my first meeting.2c

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Confucius

Offline olyguy79

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2018, 12:51:51 PM »
The dems are tuning WA into a waste land.
And now the Republican led Zinke Dept. of Interior.....

Offline Hunter4Life

• supreme predator, hunter, carnivore, political animal, warrior for hunter's rights
  • Hunter
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Groups: HHC, WWC, Hunting Works for Washington, SCI, Sportsmen's Alliance, NRA
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2018, 06:34:40 PM »
I just wish there was a group to join similar to NRA that would fight for our hunting and fishing rights in this state.  I'm tired of them eroding away piece by piece.

A group in Wa. for Wa. Run by Washington hunting / fishing citizens.

There is.

http://w4wc.org/index.html

@Bushcraft  Not sure if you're involved in w4wc. I can't tag Joe for whatever dang reason.

WWC Annual & Quarterly Meeting
The next WWC meeting will begin at 9:30am June 3rd at the Palace Cafe (Canyon Room), 323 N Main St, Ellensburg, WA . WWC meetings are open to all members and their invited guests.

The WWC website needs to be corrected, the Annual Meeting was our last meeting, but other than that, everything else is correct.  Guests are welcome, so you don't have to pay a thing to attend other than your meal if you choose to eat.  The food at the Palace Café is excellent, but it is not cheap.  We used to meet at the Bar-14, but the Bar-14 closed down.  The Hunters Heritage Council meeting starts approximately 30 minutes after the WWC meeting ends. 
If guns kill people, then…
- pencils misspell words.
- cars make people drive drunk.
- spoons made Rosie O’Donnell fat.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2018, 07:01:19 PM »
There's been a fair amount of support for Zinke on the forum in the past. Curious to see where those who were supporting him are at on this one.

I'll take the good with the bad and be thankful it isn't worse or just all bad.

Offline Oh Mah

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2018, 08:41:30 PM »

A group in Wa. for Wa. Run by Washington hunting / fishing citizens.

There is.

http://w4wc.org/index.html

@Bushcraft  Not sure if you're involved in w4wc. I can't tag Joe for whatever dang reason.

WWC Annual & Quarterly Meeting
The next WWC meeting will begin at 9:30am June 3rd at the Palace Cafe (Canyon Room), 323 N Main St, Ellensburg, WA . WWC meetings are open to all members and their invited guests.

The WWC website needs to be corrected, the Annual Meeting was our last meeting, but other than that, everything else is correct.  Guests are welcome, so you don't have to pay a thing to attend other than your meal if you choose to eat.  The food at the Palace Café is excellent, but it is not cheap.  We used to meet at the Bar-14, but the Bar-14 closed down.  The Hunters Heritage Council meeting starts approximately 30 minutes after the WWC meeting ends.
Ok thanks for clearing this up.Is this meeting date of June 3rd 9:30 AM. still a good future meeting or was this from last year?
"Boss of the woods"

Offline Hunter4Life

• supreme predator, hunter, carnivore, political animal, warrior for hunter's rights
  • Hunter
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Groups: HHC, WWC, Hunting Works for Washington, SCI, Sportsmen's Alliance, NRA
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2018, 09:57:40 PM »
Nope that is our next meeting:
June 3, 2018 9:30 AM
Palace Café (Canyon Room)
323 N Main St
Ellensburg, WA 98926
Phone for the Palace:  (509) 925-2327
Their menu is below:
http://www.thepalacecafe.net/menu.html

The service there is outstanding!
If guns kill people, then…