collapse

Author Topic: Wolf supporters, you happy ?  (Read 1405 times)

Offline 92xj

• Virtual Campfire
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Sourdough
  • Kill 'em
Re: Wolf supporters, you happy ?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2018, 11:00:27 AM »
Region 3 fills all quotas except in 371 and 372 for cougars. This year those were met also which was suprising due to land ownership.
You brought up the threat to humans and used the liberal tactics, "they are dangerous" even though few people are ever killed. (AR-15s are dangerous but kill few people..better ban them!) Argue valid points or I 'll continue to but thing into prespective..

Lots of region 3 still open for Cougar hunting.....

https://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/cougar/

Region 3 is all units starting with the number 3.. all closed.

Wrong again.
Look at the 8th row in the link. There are 300 series units listed as OPEN
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline Cougartail

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2018, 11:09:44 AM »
Two men followed a pack of 7 wolves for 13 days and found 7 FRESH elk kills off the road they were traveling on snow mobiles. Not looking in the woods, drainagaes, etc.
1 medium pack, 13 days, 7 bull elk killed.
I think your computer numbers statiscal *censored* is nowhere close to what is actually happening in the woods.
Let's believe the wdfw in what they say, look at all the people believing the
harvest stats that wdfw just posted. It blows my mind that people think those numbers are accurate.

Did your buddies check for bullet holes in those elk?  Wolves are so successful at hunting.. that is why they ate all the plastic coating off  extension cords at my buddies cabin in Alaska one winter. lol
As for believing those in the "feild", my buddy has over 50 years living with and trapping wolves in Alaska. Yeah I know Alaska wolves are completely different than Washington wolves.. Again..lol

Not my buddies...
Hard to check for bullet holes when they eat and break rib, leg, face and other bones when eating,  I thought you would know that wolves did that when eating kills in the winter when needing all the feed they can get, being the expert you are.
Call your Alaskan buddy, he can educate you more.
Sounds like you should venture out in the field; haven't been there in a while have you?

Over 60 days in the wilds this year and I don't mean traveling down man made roads on motorized machines.  For those literal minded people, my point is, wolves are scavengers and not always the cause of death in animals.
This brings me to another point. When talking to a WDFW enforcement officer he estimated poaching takes as many animals as legal hunting in Region 3. A YPD police officer I spoke with backed this claim somewhat by telling me the dumpsters in east Yakima often have deer carcusses in them. Businesses find them regularly.. Makes one think that new "Immigrants" aren't following the hunting laws?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:29:36 AM by Cougartail »

Offline Cougartail

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2018, 11:15:07 AM »
Region 3 fills all quotas except in 371 and 372 for cougars. This year those were met also which was suprising due to land ownership.
You brought up the threat to humans and used the liberal tactics, "they are dangerous" even though few people are ever killed. (AR-15s are dangerous but kill few people..better ban them!) Argue valid points or I 'll continue to but thing into prespective..

Lots of region 3 still open for Cougar hunting.....

https://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/cougar/

Region 3 is all units starting with the number 3.. all closed.

Wrong again.
Look at the 8th row in the link. There are 300 series units listed as OPEN
Didn't see that.. I stand corrected. I swore I looked up 371 and 372 in January and they were closed??? I even quit carrying my rifle in the truck.

* Recent Topics