collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Huge 421 bull  (Read 9769 times)

Offline MuleySniper

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Huge 421 bull
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 10:18:18 AM »
I saw this little guy when I was in Colorado last month
"Gun control is for wimps and commies. Listen, let's get one thing straight. Guns don't kill people. I do. "
Earl Ramsey

Offline edmondshunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • work to hunt, hunt to eat, eat to hunt more
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 06:54:18 PM »
When did some hunters loose their scruples?  Fenced ranch hunting is a disgrace, why do you think people hate hunters/hunting.  When you hunt fences you might as well be taking a census for the gov. .  If you hunt fences, you should feel as small as the tag on the kills ear. Boo tisk
A pat on the back is just shy of a kick in the ass..

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 07:29:35 PM »
Don't get it twisted, I was hunting in SW Montana and drove past this penned up bull in someones yard. This entire thread is about high fence hunts, I haven't read a single post encouraging this type of activity
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline MuleySniper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 01:29:41 PM »
That elk two posts up isnt even a "hunting ranch" elk. Its a meat farm. The elk are raised for meat and the sheds are sold and used for numerous things. Not all game that is farm raised is used for a 100% success hunt. Just because it has antlers, and is in a pen, doesnt mean its intended to be hunted ;)
"Gun control is for wimps and commies. Listen, let's get one thing straight. Guns don't kill people. I do. "
Earl Ramsey

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2008, 06:42:28 PM »
Sorry to be bringing back old threads but I found a few old pics on my other computer while looking for Rivers Inlet pics. This is the same bull I posted earlier, but this was in 06, you can see how he has changed if you compare them, still a monster bull though.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline PolarBear

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 06:49:41 PM »
My hunting buddy told me of a 500+ Canadian ranch bull that is currently in a taxidermist's shop in Shelton being done.  He is trying to get some pics to post and permission to do so.  I'll believe it when I see it.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 07:20:03 PM »
"Shooting cattle".....  bout the nicest thing I can say about it.
:tup: I agree

Offline Hunterman

• Y.A.R. PRO FISHING TEAM MEMBER #1 MASTER BAITER
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 08:10:59 PM »
Hunting is hunting..Maybe some folks hunt ranch raised because they need to in order to hunt..It makes no difference to me if a HUNTER shoots a deer,elk, buffalo, or rabbit inside a fence or in the high mountains as long as they kill it with dignity, then good job...We need to stop knocking the way people choose to hunt..After all we are all hunters..

Hunterman(Tony)
SOMR PEOPLE HAVE TO WAIT THEIR WHOLE LIFE TO MEET THEIR HUNTING BUDDY. I RAISED MINE.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 08:30:50 PM »
Hunting is hunting..Maybe some folks hunt ranch raised because they need to in order to hunt..It makes no difference to me if a HUNTER shoots a deer,elk, buffalo, or rabbit inside a fence or in the high mountains as long as they kill it with dignity, then good job...We need to stop knocking the way people choose to hunt..After all we are all hunters..

Hunterman(Tony)

Tony, I agree that the hunters need to stick together and all animals should be harvested with dignity, But high fence shooting is NOT hunting. I can't see how anyone needs to hunt high fence in order to hunt. For the price of one of the high fence someone could hire 4 guys to carry thier sorry ass to the top of a mountain. The only reason for this is instant gratification, I believe this is the easy way out for people with too much money.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 08:45:49 AM »
Private ownership of elk should be illegal. Period.

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2008, 09:02:40 AM »
...We need to stop knocking the way people choose to hunt..After all we are all hunters..

Hunterman(Tony)

I disagree.  If something is wrong, why should we just sit by and say nothing?  And we are not all hunters........if someone is shooting elk in a pen, then that is shooting......not hunting.  Shooting animals in a fence could give hunters a bad name.

Maybe we could stop high fence hunting if more hunters would stick together and voice opinions against it.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline Dansk

• Scout
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 02:11:23 PM »
It's no different than a trout farm.  I've got no problem with trout farms.  I've got no problem with kids that go to trout farms- or any adults that want to use a $1000 sage rod to catch a farmed trout.  Heck- let them mount it in their den. 

What is funny to me is that people pay for and display these elk mounts as if: "yeah- I'm a GREAT hunter because I shot this TROPHY animal- see how BIG it is?  Aren't you impressed by my SKILL!" How many of these folks say 'it was an animal in a fenced area' as the first response to someone ogling the rack in their living room?  I'd bet my paycheck that zero to none do.  It's always... "shhhh... don't tell anyone, but..."   

I think people do it because they like the killing and the trophy (bragging) more than a true hunting experience that may lead to tag soup.  That's fine.  To each his own.  These hunters aren't in my circle of friends though.  We enjoy the hard work and sweat.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 03:53:36 PM »
It's no different than a trout farm. 

But it is different. Most people including non-hunters do not have a problem with trout farms, but they do have a problem with elk farms. And people who pay to kill elk on these farms claim to be hunters and make all hunters look bad to the non-hunting public.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 04:48:37 PM by bobcat »

Offline Dansk

• Scout
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 04:46:21 PM »
It's no different than a trout farm. 

But it is different. Most people including non-hunters do not have a problem with trout farms, but they do have a problem with elk farms. And people who pay to kill elk on these farms claim to be hunters and make all hunters look bad to the non-huntig public.

Yeah- Bobcat, you do have a good point.  I agree that lumping fair chase hunters together with farm shoots doesn't help our image.  Non hunters are always flabergasted when I tell them how low the average success rates are for deer and elk.... once they learn that, most are sympathetic or at least ok with hunting.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal