collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolves  (Read 23791 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: Wolves
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2009, 04:51:02 PM »
feel free to pm me if you'd like, I'd love to hear some specifics about the transplants you seem to know about.

You and I will never agree on this subject and I'm not about to put anybody's name on the line. You probably haven't spent much time in a bar talking to locals in Idaho or Montana, let's agree to disagree. SSS
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline furbearer365

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2009, 08:50:03 PM »
I don't remember at all saying that there were wolves transplanted in Washington.  I was talking about the states and areas where they WERE transplanted like Idaho.  I was simply saying that for you Washington folks out there that believe transplanting them to Washington wouldn't hurt too bad, that you may want to do some research and find out just how prolific of killers these things really are and that transplanting anything to an area not suited for them could be drastic to each and every living thing in that area.  If you really think I specicifally said that the WDFW transplanted them here, please quote me because i am not seeing it anywhere in what i wrote.

Offline Slider

• Frontiersman
    • www.albinovest.com
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2009, 09:22:38 PM »
The only good Wolf is a DEAD WOLF!!!

Offline bow4elk

• Pacific Northwest Bowhunting
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
  • Contact me at: tom@pnwbowhunting.com
    • https://www.facebook.com/pacific.northwest.bowhunting/
    • Pacific Northwest Bowhunting
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2009, 09:35:48 PM »
To hell with wolves...they are now an unregulated menace to wildlife ecosystems that were doing just fine without them.
Official Measurer: Pope and Young Club, NW Big Game Inc., National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association, Oregon Shed Hunters
First Hunt Foundation mentor
Washington State R3 Coordinator

Pacific Northwest Bowhunting http://www.pnwbowhunting.com

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2009, 08:24:27 AM »
Well, I agree that we would have been better off without them, but I am going to try to be optimistic here.  At least they are getting delisted, and other states are begining to have the authority to manage them.  Wouldn't be such a big deal if it weren't a damn political issue..
They are here, we are going to have to learn to deal with them.  I say the sooner we stop arguing and start managing (hunting), the better...
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline sparksbr

• Tracker
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2009, 06:17:40 PM »
After scrolling through some of the comment boards on youtube regarding some of pro-wolf propaganda, I have concluded that many of the wolf-supporters are impossible to debate with, as well as illiterate!   :chuckle:

I did not read a single, pro-wolf post that possessed any real facts. They were all purely driven by emotion and "hot air."  It was especially amusing when a rancher/hunter would counter with a legitamate point based on personal experiances and the pro-wolfer's would respond with the typical "oh yer just a dumb redneck, wut the fuk do u know?!" type argument or threaten bodily harm.  Very irrational and ignorant in my opinion.  Just a snapshot of who we are dealing with on this issue.

Brady   

Offline woodswalker

• Curmudgeon in training
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/Grumpys-Gun-Repair-153675238330367/?ref=br_rs&pnref=lhc
    • Grumpys Gun Repair
  • Groups: NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited, RMEF, SRPA WHEIA
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2009, 06:26:40 PM »
After scrolling through some of the comment boards on youtube regarding some of pro-wolf propaganda, I have concluded that many of the wolf-supporters are impossible to debate with, as well as illiterate!   :chuckle:

I did not read a single, pro-wolf post that possessed any real facts. They were all purely driven by emotion and "hot air."  It was especially amusing when a rancher/hunter would counter with a legitamate point based on personal experiances and the pro-wolfer's would respond with the typical "oh yer just a dumb redneck, wut the fuk do u know?!" type argument or threaten bodily harm.  Very irrational and ignorant in my opinion.  Just a snapshot of who we are dealing with on this issue.

Brady   

All the more reason to SSS...with either type.
A Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces.

Whatta ya mean I can't have one of each?

What we have here is...Washington Department of NO Fish and WATCHABLE Wildlife.

WDFW is going farther and farther backwards....we need FISH AND GAME back!

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2009, 06:39:23 PM »
Personally I'd also like to see dinosaurs brought here.  Then we can have a real Jurassic Park in Washington.  It would especially please me if they place them in the backyards of those who want the wolves here.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2009, 10:41:55 PM »
Personally I'd also like to see dinosaurs brought here.  Then we can have a real Jurassic Park in Washington.

NO!  NO DINOSAURS!!  THEY'LL EAT THE WOLVES!!!
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2009, 09:11:05 AM »

[/quote]
They have never transplanted wolves into WA.  IMO the transplant of wolves into ID and yellowstone was a mistake.  But, washington is not transplanting or importing wolves.  So far, Washington wolves are migrant animals from British Columbia and are a native animal to the area. 

Are there any deer left in WI or MI, or did the wolves eat all of them already?

BTW- I hope to manage the numbers (at least by one) in ID this season.  I'm not a 'wolf lover'; I'm a realist.  And wolves are going to be a part of the landscape in WA.  We should do what we can to make tghe best of it.
[/quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're right about the BC migration ...great. My worry is that instead these are the expansion of the Transplanted Yellowstone Canadian Greys Which are much bigger and will take care of any smaller native species by elimination. Not a wolf lover-but I could live with the native timberwolf, but NOT the transplanted killing machines. 
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline teal101

• Team Kramer Farms
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2009, 03:43:31 PM »
Kinda funny how just recently the wolves are finally making their way into Washington.  And it just happens to be when nearby states like Idaho are having problems with non native wolves.

If they're the native wolves its only a matter of time for the non native ones from Idaho to migrate in and wipe em out and cause an even bigger hell storm.

SSS

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2009, 07:22:23 PM »
It makes sense to me that Okanogan wolves would have had to come down from BC.  If on the other hand we start getting more and more sightings in the Blues and the Selkirks, those likely came over from Idaho.  Possible that those wolves could be of the Yellowstone variety.

Offline Pat/Rick

• Scout
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2009, 11:44:13 PM »
Its okay to kill canadian wolves.They are here illegally and as patriots we should defend our nation.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2009, 02:27:24 PM »

BTW- I hope to manage the numbers (at least by one) in ID this season.  I'm not a 'wolf lover'; I'm a realist.  And wolves are going to be a part of the landscape in WA.  We should do what we can to make tghe best of it.
[/quote]

I think you are right on with your comment, we need to make the most of our situation as quickly as possible by reporting sightings and verifying the growing wolf population in any way possible. The sooner we do this the sooner we may get some management of wolves if they get to be a big problem. I don't think it's the end of the world as long as management occurs once their population grows.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]