collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Tragedy Averted (everyone please read)  (Read 108789 times)

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Tragedy Averted (everyone please read)
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »
well i see michelle had fun asking questions....lol.....AND NOT EVERYONE NEW WHO THE FIRST SELLER WAS...i JUST WANT EVERY THING OUT IN THE OPEN.... im not a bad guy and just wanted everyone to know that if for some chance it was me, that i deffinantly didnt do it knowingly or intentionally.

Well ill try to answer your questions..... try .....

I found the 17 and 22 picture off google images....

The 22 question.....well i didnt own a 22 at the time...yes i borrowed killbillys 22 after my surgery, but i believe i gave it back to him before i ever got the 17HMR...and i believe i really cant remember but i believe the copper plated high velocity hollow point shells that i bought for killbillys gun that i still have are different than the cheep non copper jacketed 22 shell that was found in the rifle......

And the only person who had access to my rifle in the lake house community that i lived at was my wife. SHE doesnt touch my guns...doesnt like em....I thought for a while that my little bro might have done it....maybe i took him out and there was an accident...But i couldnt remember taking him out shooting it.....But i asked him anyways and he said he wish he did but never got a chance....said he really liked the caliber.....So he didnt shoot it....never got a chance....but yes i did have killbillys 22 for a while....and still have left over bullets from it. I also borrowed Catwithboosts 25 pistol at the same time.....still have bullets from that also....

LIKE I SAID I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO SHOOT THE 17 hmr.............

AND I WAS NEVER ACCUSING KILLBILLY.....I would never do that....IM NOT ACCUSING ANYONE! and thats great you have all known killbilly longer than me.....I dont care i still know him and still consider him a friend....so far he is the only one not pointing fingers at me........he like huntnphool realized there was an accident and just want people to  be aware of the accident....not point fingers....

i really honestly have no idea how that 22 shell got in it......tried thinking but cant remember.

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2009, 09:57:50 AM »
and i never ran a rod down the barrel because i honestly didnt shoot it all that much i told killbilly that when i handed it over when we meet to trade over.....he said he really didnt ever clean his rimfire much so i didnt think he would have a problem with it since i onloy shoot about 15 or so rounds through the rifle...that and i didnt have a cleaning rod for it...... I actually dont know if i bought bullets for it. The magazines that came with the gun already had bullets loaded in it so i think that was the only bullets i shot....but i might be wrong...I honestly cant remember though.

maybe there was already a bullet loaded in the magazine....not sure....But like i said.....AS FAR AS I KNOW.....I DID NOT PUT A 22 BULLET IN THAT RIFLE.....THATs ALL I WAS TRYING TO SAY......

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2009, 10:08:58 AM »
Hey i just want everyone to know that i completely understand the severity of the situation and am shoked that this happened....but as one of the people in the chain.....unless you where in my shoes....you couldnt understand....

you guys all sit there read what we have all posted and then you ask your questions....and we sit here wondering what the heck happened...trying to answer your questions.....

I HAVE RAN THOUGH MY HEAD A HUNDRED TIMES THINKING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED OVER A YEAR AGO AND WHAT COULD HAVE, AND WHAT I MIGHT HAVE DONE....

IM SORRY FOR WHAT HAPPENED. AND IM NOT SAYING I DIDNT HAND OVER THAT RIFLE PLUGGED. BUT I AM SAYING THAT I DIDNT HAND LOAD THAT 22 SHELL INTO THAT RIFLE.

I AM SO HAPPY THAT NOTHING HAPPENED AND AGAIN........I AM SO SORRY FOR WHAT HAPPENED. THIS ALL SUCKS! THE SITUATION IS TERRIABLE. IM JUST HAPPY NO ONE GOT HURT........!

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2009, 10:20:20 AM »
Sounds like you're saying only possibility is that there was a .22 that the previous owner mixed in when loading the magazines??? This is another thing for people to keep in mind here, personally I wouldn't just go out and shoot magazines loaded by a previous owner without taking them out and examining the ammo first to make sure it's all the same. I'm sure this happens all the time without a problem but it only takes once to have a horrible accident right?

You know Jay no one pointed fingers at you until it was clear you seemed to not want any responsibility in this, that's when all the questions came up??? if you had got on it right away with this information and the pinning your little bro down for a response your image would have been way different. You almost seemed to dodge the problem at first and did not want to have much do do with it and no urgency to help with info. Things would have turned out way different on your part with a willingness to take some responsibility in the fixing of this for being a previous owner rather than a defensive posture. Killbilly wasn't defensive he was willing to help from the start offering to pay to have the problem fixed and return payment if it was unrepairable. He didn't blame you or push off the responsibility of his ownership he had accountability! That is the big difference here!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 12:08:20 PM by M_ray »
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline Gobble

• Frontiersman
  • Wack'em and Stack'em
    • Dave Harder
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2009, 10:21:20 AM »
Peace guys. Lets just say we ALL learned an important lesson here and MOVE ON. It's very fortunate that no one got hurt and we all learned the importance of checking a new rifle and not taking anything for granted. I'm sure there were no intentions on anyones part.  :twocents:

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 04:30:34 PM by Gobble »

Offline Gearhead1940

• Hunter
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2009, 11:09:20 AM »
I am very glad to hear that this story ended as well as it did!  Also very cool to see the seller take care of you after you bought the rifle.

Makes me also feel great about the last gunshow buy - one of those lucite bore devices for lighting up a barrel.  It's going with me every gunshow!

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2009, 02:17:30 PM »
Lesson learned for sure!

I appoligies for anything i did.....and can appriciate a good scoulding everyonce in a while...this time is deffinantly an eye opener.

and if theres anything more i can do for anyone if this hasnt all been resolved you let me know and ill do what i can to help im sorry if i didnt make that clearer earlier.

I know for sure that regardless of whether i shoot a gun once or a million times i will no matter what clean the barrel or run a rod down it the day i give it away. Even if i dont have a rod to clean it or not, ill go buy one.................Insurance for next time......for me and for everyone else.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2009, 03:32:46 PM »
Peace guys. Lets just say we ALL learned an important lesson here and MOVE ON. It's very fortunate that no one got hurt and we all learned the importance of checking a new rifle and not taking anything for granted. I'm sure there was no intentions on anyones part.  :twocents:

Agreed Gobble
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline scoyoc5

• Sourdough
  • NRA lifetime member
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2009, 04:21:34 PM »
 :brew:
Switchback XT,Goldtip,Muzzy MX-3,Winners choice...Aim small miss small

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2009, 04:28:58 PM »
Well put Mray and Gobble.

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2009, 04:35:57 PM »
Peace guys. Lets just say we ALL learned an important lesson here and MOVE ON. It's very fortunate that no one got hurt and we all learned the importance of checking a new rifle and not taking anything for granted. I'm sure there was no intentions on anyones part.  :twocents:

Agreed Gobble
agreed.....again, my appoligies.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 04:55:27 PM by Coasthunterjay »

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »
"The measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out."

Just a final thought for everyone as I lock this thread.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline bow4elk

• Pacific Northwest Bowhunting
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
  • Contact me at: tom@pnwbowhunting.com
    • https://www.facebook.com/pacific.northwest.bowhunting/
    • Pacific Northwest Bowhunting
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2009, 09:01:28 PM »
Wow....wow, wow, wow :o

I'm SOOOOOOO glad this story has a happy ending.  And for what it's worth, the seller deserves a pat on the back for standing up and doing the right thing, regardless of what transpired up to when he acquired the gun.

Looks like a great opportunity to circle back to the hunter education class and let your daughter tell the story to another class of students.  I think that could have a ton of impact and help spread the moral of this situation.
Official Measurer: Pope and Young Club, NW Big Game Inc., National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association, Oregon Shed Hunters
First Hunt Foundation mentor
Washington State R3 Coordinator

Pacific Northwest Bowhunting http://www.pnwbowhunting.com

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2009, 09:48:38 PM »

Looks like a great opportunity to circle back to the hunter education class and let your daughter tell the story to another class of students.  I think that could have a ton of impact and help spread the moral of this situation.

That is a very good idea.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU