collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 2764 times)

Offline Trashmonkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Hello everyone
« on: July 13, 2007, 11:34:34 AM »
Hey all,
Trashmonkey here, from the wilds of the Vancouver/Portland area.  I really enjoy reading everyone thoughts and I especially enjoy the photos.  It gives me hope to keep on trying hunting ducks.  This will be my second season and I can't get enough.  I was so bummed out when the season ended, and now I can't wait.  I find myself becoming obsessed.  The people at Sportsmens Wearhouse practically know me by my first name.  Anyhow, I hope to get to know some of you and look forward to the continued pics and thoughts.  I promise that if I ever bag a few that I will post 'em.  It's just that the area I live is not the "hottest" area.  Besides, I need to take a special test just to hunt geese.  Well, hope to hear from ya'll soon.  Good shootin.
Moooon Riiiiver. Using your whole fist doc??

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 11:37:09 AM »
welcome...you and choclab will get along just fine.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Choclab

• Longhunter
  • Stubby
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 11:38:56 AM »
LOL......True dat! Glad to see another waterfowler here. The first couple of years duck hunting is always hard....Things will get better and you will kill more stuff....Keep your face down and don't move....lol
Eastsider stuck on the wetside......

Offline Otto1

• Scout
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 08:10:47 PM »
  Besides, I need to take a special test just to hunt geese. 

that is good, it is critical down there that ya shoot the right kind.. It is a very good idea to learn to ID all kinds of waterfowl that you may encounter. It takes time but is very doable.... Try and find a buddy that is experienced and offer to do all the work and your learning curve will be shortened by leaps and bounds..

Look up the Washington Waterfowl Association and get involved, you'll learn a bunch by just going to the meetings and work parties.. There is a chapter in your neck of the woods   www.waduck.org

Welcome!

Offline HuntinCrazy

• Hunter
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 01:45:24 PM »
Hey guys ...Im new here also. I have really enjoyed reading all the posts from Ducks to Elk. I am finally retiring after 36 years with the Fed Govt. I will be hunting and fishing our beautiful state from one end to the other.  I do it all.....archery for both elk and deer.  Pistol and rifle hunting too.But my passion is water fowling. Nothing like seeing some birds in the distance, calling them in, landing gear down ...all locked up    "Take Em' " when watching the dog working. It  just doesn’t get much better. I am one of the Chairman for the Spanaway chapter of DU.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]