collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Teanaway Road Closure?  (Read 5453 times)

Offline dbllunger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Those who can do. Those who can't complain.
Teanaway Road Closure?
« on: November 16, 2007, 03:48:11 PM »
I heard all but he main road was now closed in this area.  Does anyone know anything about this potential truth or rumor? That would be freaking awesome if it was true.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Teanaway Road Closure?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 03:51:23 PM »
which area?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Bighorse

• Hunter
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 04:55:24 PM »
Please do tell......I'm heading in there for the late archery hunt.  I wouldn't mind a road closure.   

Offline wastickslinger

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 06:09:44 PM »
Hey, finally another teanaway archer. Snow! Snow! Snow! I will be up scouting tomorrow. I'll be in a 2005 white dodge club cab. Flag me down if your up there too.

Offline dbllunger

• Sourdough
  • Those who can do. Those who can't complain.
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 06:42:16 PM »
Sorry, but I don't know.  Bud called and wanted to know if I heard anything about road closures in the Teanaway during elk season.  Bud had heard from another that it was closed off and a bunch of roadies were mad.  We are always looking for an area with no roads for Modern Firearm for a East tag.  We have/had a pretty good area but we need more distance from the roads. 

Offline nw_bowhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 07:10:05 PM »
I'm leaving Sunday afternoon. Got some new tires and ready for the snow. Going to take 2 weeks to hunt elk. I drive a grey dodge 2005.

Offline wastickslinger

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 08:00:22 PM »
nw_bowhunter, if you see a hog buck, why dont you tie em up for me and give me a call   :chuckle: :chuckle:

And if I see a spike elk I will do the same for you.

Offline bowhuntress

• Pilgrim
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 11:26:11 AM »
My hubby and I are heading that way also we drive a poacher green (LOL) Ford F250 w/matching canopy hope to meet some of the people whowrite the posts ;)

Offline bearhunter59

• Scout
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 10:09:55 PM »
my buddy and i were over there hunting off the west teanaway road which is gated at one end and big ole signs at the other saying no motorized vehicles, and about the time we got around where the sandstone and dingbats flow into it, 4 motorcycles come riding up behind us.  I had to practically knock the lead guy off his bike before they stopped, and asked him what the hell they thought they were doing!  This road is closed to motorvehicles.   Of course first they say they didn't see any signs and it shows up on their snowmobile trails, on their GPS's.  I let him know that, 1) they're not on snowmobiles, and 2) there ain't no snow on the ground, so they needed to turnaround and go back the way they came.  About that time some guy comes driving up the road from the gated end, and when we turned around to find out what the heck he was up to, (turns out to be one of the landowners back that way),the 4 guys on the bikes took off down the road.

There are so many atv, motorcycle, and snowmobile trails up there.  By 9-10am we had been past or could see over a dozen motorcycles, and 5 ATV...

I'd love to see them close off that whole area up there and make it all walkin, but then they would need to have an army of wardens up there to enforce it....unless they let us torch the vehicles on the spot, when we catch'em out there....heheheh.

Offline Bighorse

• Hunter
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 09:11:10 AM »
I agree......

I like to enjoy the quite.  When your way back there and it just seems like things are going right, the last thing I want to hear is the roar of an ATV.  It puts me on edge and I'd be willing to bet the animals hold just a little lower too.

I'll be back there too, Old white Jeep with a roof rack.  I'll be packing in some with an all black back pack.

I hope its nice and quite.

Offline Buckshot Bill

• Scout
  • Just a YARnaby
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 09:42:14 AM »
Do they normally close Teanaway Road at this time of year?

sisu

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 07:47:43 PM »
I haven't brought up the subject of 4 wheelers, motorcycles, 4x4s etc. but from what I gather you guys don't like them either. I don't have a problem with them using established roads(real roads) but when I'm out on an old 2 rut that has grown in and hasn't been in use for many years it irks me to hear and see them. I feel as if the animals are on high alert in areas that are used by 4 wheelers and dirt bikes during hunting season.
How do you guys feel about using mountain bikes to gain access to areas? I have one bike all set up with a Burly trailer that I can use to haul guns, ammo and if need a critter out. There are some roads that could be closed to all motorized transportation but left open to self-propelled wheeled vehicles. I believe this would be acceptable.
As far as 4 wheelers go maybe an area could be set aside for handicapped hunters that would allow them to use these vehicles in that area only.

Offline one more

• one more
  • WA State Trappers Association
  • Scout
  • Author, as DZ Wirth, of e-book: MOUNTAIN IGLOO,
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 08:23:17 PM »
I've read that in some areas of some states, you can use orv's only to haul out downed game and during certain times of the day.
Diane
NWTF, WSTA, NRA, RMEF, NAHC, WF.
Author,  as DZ Wirth, of e-book:  MOUNTAIN IGLOO, an Alaska adventure, survival, wildlife and romance novel,
at most e-book stores.

Offline Cougeyes

• Longhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 12:43:55 PM »
I dont think this is true, however the Teanaway spur roads are mostly gated anyways.  Jack Creek and a couple others are the only ones that I know of that dont have gates on them.  So, yes they're mostly closed but they're always that way, even in the summer.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]