collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Peaches Ridge (anyone get drawn)  (Read 64140 times)

Offline Skinner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • 2007 Methow bear
Re: Peaches Ridge (anyone get drawn)
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 05:11:37 PM »
Ya bear good thing you didn't get rid of her! ;)  I would have driven up and gotten her if those people wouldn't have given me 2 with my corral.  I might see ya there but I don't think I'm gonna pack in because It would be a lot with just me and the gf plus I drew a tag back at home oct 3 so as soon as she gets one I want to be on the road.

Good luck teach it has been my best and funnest hunt to date!
IAFF Local 828

Offline TeacherMan

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 09:11:45 PM »
I just want to thank everyone that has PM me and given me areas to look into. I'm making a folder and plan on looking into all of them starting this weekend. What is the snow pack like in that unit at this point? Anyone ever find sheds over there? I have found lots of deer sheds in my life but only a couple elk. Much chance of finding them above 4000'  :dunno: Anyway thanks again I appreciate all the information I can get, with gas the price it is it is really nice to be able to go into an area and know where to start focussing.  :tup:
If you shoot the first one you will never get that true trophy.

Offline bear

• Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 06:24:19 AM »
So, are you going to be on foot or horseback teacherman?

Offline Da stump

• Site Sponsor
  • Longhunter
  • Give me a good book and a gun, that's all I need.
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 08:24:54 AM »
   Unless he is holding out on me he will be on foot.  I am just hoping that i can find a spot that I can shoot a cow or spike not far from Teachermans unit. Can't walk very far, old, decrepit, and disabled.  Pretty much useless but i can wait in a nice pass or well used trail all day.  :tung:
I've slowed down enough in my old age to finally let the game catch up to me

Offline tmike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 06:39:03 PM »
TeacherMan I lucked out and got the same tag, maybe they just gave it to teachers this year  :dunno:  :)

Offline dkhtr

• Tracker
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 07:03:13 AM »
Hi all.  New to the sight.  I feel guilty but this is my 2nd year elk hunting and I got drawn for Peaches Ridge A hunt.  Being new to elk this is going to be a blast!  I am going to try to start scouting this weekend and as many after as possible.  Any tips or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 12:48:07 PM »
teach,

Congrats on that tag.  PM me if you need any help scouting, packing out, etc.  I'm not far away and will be up there most likely anyway.  My brothers worked for a guide in there and I can point you in the right direction if you like.
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

Offline TeacherMan

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 03:20:30 PM »
thanks... PM sent

Offline coachcw

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: Team getsum !
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 12:19:20 PM »
the snow held on late this year I think that you will find most of your sheds low . it seemed that wat in 340. Theres ussaully a good bull or two hanging on moonlight . saw a heavy bull last year in there . during archery season at 20 yards , no tag. good luck. Corey
My wife told me that I hunt way more than I did when we first got married. I said yeah I know isn't it great !

Offline TeacherMan

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 05:14:17 PM »
I will be in the unit tomorrow!!! Hope to bring backs some pics  :IBCOOL:

Offline runniNgunnin

• "HE WHO FISTS COWS"-indian name
  • Scout
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 01:42:51 PM »
i got drawn for the peaches ridge hunt too... first year i ever put in for ANYTHING, and i am pumped about it... already got the bow out and started fine tuning my skills  :archer:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Offline MuleyontheWall

• Hunter
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 02:01:04 PM »
i got drawn for the peaches ridge hunt too... first year i ever put in for ANYTHING, and i am pumped about it... already got the bow out and started fine tuning my skills  :archer:

So your saying with one point you got drawn for peaches also? man...can I lose all my points and go back to one?  :chuckle:
Congrats to you guys!

Offline 7mag.

• Blacktail Hunter
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • YAR member
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 02:03:24 PM »

So your saying with one point you got drawn for peaches also? man...can I lose all my points and go back to one?  :chuckle:
Congrats to you guys!

That's the problem Muley, we have too many points.  :chuckle:
Semper Fi. USMC

Offline runniNgunnin

• "HE WHO FISTS COWS"-indian name
  • Scout
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 02:07:52 PM »
 thats what im saying!!! nah, i probably wont get drawn again for 10 years, lol. my father in-law got drawn for eniat the first time he put in and hasnt been drawn again, and its been like 6 years...
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Offline TeacherMan

• Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 09:19:13 AM »
Went out yesterday and got into some great area, thanks for all the info everyone. Saw some nice animals but even nicer area. All the motorbikes I saw definitely made me look into some different areas that I was not planning on. Saw a couple nice branched animals already, deer and elk. A blue grouse that looked like it had mated with a turkey  :chuckle: and area that when we got out of the car instantly smelled like elk pee, found a couple muddy spots on the ground about 2 feet in diameter than they had been peeing in like they where marking the area  :dunno: Up above Ravens Roost found a single set of tracks that looked like they could either be a husky or a wolf, there was no human tracks around and I was a couple hundred yards from the truck, took a pic with a 45-70 bullet next to it and the track is slightly larger than the bullet. Any body ever hike down to the meadow you can see from the towers? They look about 4 miles in, think I may check those out in the future. Overall a great day, we finished by driving over Government Meadows and back down into Green Water, tried to cut back up the 72 road back toward 410 but the snow stopped us, lots of snow pockets up high still, don't think all the elk have moved back up yet because of that.

Chris

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal