collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: "Pig Bomb" on Discovery Channel last night  (Read 9079 times)

Offline road.kill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: "Pig Bomb" on Discovery Channel last night
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2009, 08:03:52 PM »
I watched the show, pretty crazy how the population has boomed. Those prices seem pretty steep if those pigs are causing as many problems that they say they are

sisu

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 08:27:04 AM »
ya I have friend in Alaska that married a bunny hugger that has family land in Northern California with a pig problem. I asked about going there but was told no because they want to either see if they can relocated or euthanized!!!!! Holy crap can you believe this. I told him that and he just rolled his eyes and said it was her land and not his or the situation would be 100% different.

Offline BLKBEARKLR

• Frontiersman
  • Taxidermist
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 08:28:25 AM »
Little its all about the bacon!!!! Just bring it up how it would be nice to smoke and make your own bacon. And lead her down the path until she wants to try it also
22 years 3 months and 4 days, happily retired from the U.S Army.

Offline littlebuf

• official YAR pack mule
  • Frontiersman
  • TeamYARwetspot-leavin other teams in da wetspot
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 12:39:46 PM »
hmmmmm bacon....
No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.

Offline RailRob

• Longhunter
  • KCCO
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 08:05:50 PM »
yeah, they first aired it a few months back actually...I went to California in may and was thinking about going on a hunt..between non resident hunting license and tag I would have been out of just under $200.00...had access to a bunch of land..just couldnt afford it...:(

Offline Fishhunt223

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 09:22:42 PM »
You guys arent even counting the trophy fees if you shoot what they consider a trophy, which in most cases is not hogzilla size, just a good size hog.  Then you have to figure what it costs to transport that meat from texas or wherever to Washington.  I know some guys that just went to texas on a deer and hog hunt hunt and shot a few nice bucks but go screwed with trophy fees and then had almost a thousand bucks into flying the meat back.
Travis

Offline big ed

• Hunter
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 04:04:40 PM »
We used to hunt hogs around santa barbara area .but the farmers figure out they could rape us guys that use to help them out by whacking few every year.So we told them to hang in there south bound side an moved on.Much rather go down AZ and hunt there little pigs with a bow anyhow much more fun .
just like to fish and hunt

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal