collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: News on Hiker mistaken for bear  (Read 23715 times)

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: News on Hiker mistaken for bear
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 10:07:55 AM »
 :yeah:  bob33 I agree with you, good comments.

I also agree with tonymoe that the boy should be involved in making a video that can be shown to hunter ed students, that's possibly the one way for some good to come from this sad event.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2009, 12:31:44 PM »
bear hunter's are going to lose big over this next year. what's next traditional archery only it's all coming. were loseing elk and deer at a very alarming rate. the new bear and cougar cutbacks and second pack of wolf's discovered in washington. or game department dont care about us the kid and his grandfather put another nail in the coffin. this in the wolf are major news now.Rick

PREDATOR EXTREME MAGAZINE.

You must allow images in order to properly view this email. Click here to view the newsletter online.
Click here to forward this newsletter to a friend.

July 22, 2009

GRAND VIEW OUTDOORS CENTRAL
The online news destination for today's outdoorsmen and women.
> Wounded FWC Officer In Stable Condition
> Burmese Python First Catch Of Florida Permit Program
> Wash. Hunter Sentenced To 30 Days For Manslaughter
> Man Loses Two Fingers To Alligator While Saving Dog
> U.S. Senate To Consider Right-To-Carry Amendment
> Second Wolf Pack Confirmed In Washington

AR Guns & Hunting is more than a digital magazine. >>>
It’s a multimedia experience. Get a FREE subcription NOW! 

Man Loses Two Fingers To Alligator While Saving Dog
A West Palm Beach man was walking his 7-year-old wheaten terrier at a pond near his home when a seven-foot alligator chomped down on the terrier’s midsection.

U.S. Senate To Consider Right-To-Carry Amendment
The U.S. Senate is now considering amending the National Defense Authorization Act that will force states that issue concealed weapons permits to recognize other states’ right-to-carry permits.
WIN PRIZES FROM YAMAHA, REMINGTON & OTHERS
GO HERE FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!
Enter today for your chance to win a 2009 Yamaha Rhino 700 ATV, firearms from Remington, Marlin, H&R and Bushmaster, plus items from various Grand View Outdoors promotional partners.

Score Your Next Trophy Right In The Field
The Trophy Records Department of the Safari Club International announced a new way for hunters to score their trophies right from the field with its Field Scoring Kit.

Wounded FWC Officer In Stable Condition And Good Spirits
A Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission law enforcement officer was shot multiple times during his patrol in Brevard County on July 15.
ADVERTISEMENT
Limbhook Makes Bow Hanging Easy

"The Limbook" Bow Hanger is the most versatile hanger on the market today. You can use The Limbhook on trees or limbs up to 7.5 inches in diameter, climbers, ladder stands and pop-up blinds.

The patent pending "Swivel Lock Technology" allows you to strap The Limbhook at any angle! At only 3 inches long, it's lightweight and weather resistant. You can carry it in your pocket and will last for years. The Limbhook can hold up to 15 pounds of equipment, like bows, guns, bags, lanterns or anything you can think of!

Check out The Limbhook and other great products at www.mejiaoutdoors.com – Dealers call for pricing.
GET HOOKED, GO 360!

Burmese Python First Catch Of Florida Permit Program
A group of reptile experts captured a 9-foot, 8-inch Burmese python on the first day of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s Burmese python permit program.

Washington Hunter Sentenced To Thirty Days For Manslaughter
A teenage hunter from Concrete, Washington, shot and killed a hiker last August that he mistook for a bear on the Sauk mountain hiking trail north of Seattle.

Second Wolf Pack Confirmed In Washington
A second wolf pack was found in a remote area of Pend Oreille County, Washington, according to state biologists.

Members Sought For Washington Master Hunter Advisory Group
The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife is accepting letters of membership interest for its WDFW Master Hunter Advisory Group until September 30.
YOUR ONLINE COMMUNITY   

Nearly Six Million Expected To Attend Bass Pro Hunting Classics
Bass Pro Shops’ annual Fall Hunting Classics is expected to draw six million people this year.

Ruffed Grouse Fundraiser Set For Atlanta
The Atlanta Chapter of the Ruffed Grouse Society will hold its 15th Annual Sportsmen's Banquet at the Metropolitan Club in Alpharetta, Georgia on August 20.

You received this message because you registered an e-mail address with Grand View
Outdoors or a Grand View Outdoors partner. If e-mail consent was not issued, this
message is considered a solicitation of efforts made by Grand View Outdoors.

Guarantee Delivery: Add editor@grandviewoutdoors-enews.com to your address book!

To change your e-mail preferences:
GO HERE to manage your profile
GO HERE to receive this e-newsletter
GO HERE to opt out of this mailing list
GO HERE to view our Privacy Policy

FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE | TWITTER

© Copyright 2009
  Grand View Media Group
200 Croft Street, Suite 1
Birmingham, AL 35242
www.gvmg.com

RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline tonymoe

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • Goatrocksadventures.com
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2009, 02:11:22 PM »
Let's not forget this fact: in 25 years, only 1 non-hunter has been fatally shot by a hunter in Washington.

thats not a fact. try atleast 2 non-hunters being shot and killed
teacher in camas shot a grass picker just last year (maybe year before)

Offline rudedawg1085

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 08:43:23 PM »
30 days for an INTENTIONAL shooting!!!! not enough time at all. For starters it wasent a case of mistaken identity. Im sorry but who ever thinks that needs to read the facts. If it was a true mistake the kid would of never of been convicted of man slaughter in the first place, if it was a true mistake he would have been sentanced to nothing and it would of just been rulled an accident...... the facts are simply this

#1 lady was within 100 yards when trigger was pulled   (not to far where you can see what it is your shooting)
#2 she was wearing a bright blue coat (hard to confuse that with black bear)
#3 did you know after he shot he never went to check what he shot???... wouldent you check to see the "bear" you shot?????

the kid knew it was a lady.....i believe he dident try to shoot her, but over her to scare her. But he knew what he was shooting at when he pulled the triger.
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

Thomas Edison

Offline 50CalJim

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • 5th yr in a row I've drawn a Special Permit.
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2009, 11:29:24 PM »
Damn Rudedawg where are you getting this info? You come across as a friggin lunatic ! You need to put the bottle down.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009, 11:53:49 PM »
Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't manslaughter when you kill someone without premeditation or intent, murder is when their is premeditation or intent to kill?   :dunno:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline rudedawg1085

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 08:33:34 AM »
 Manslaughter in the second degree may be committed by the doing of an unlawful act, or the doing of a lawful act in an unlawful manner, although at the time the defendant did not actually know that the act would result in homicide

example
two people on a motorcycle, the driver is SPEEDING going 100mph, you crash and your passanger dies because you were going to fast, would be man slaughter for breaking the law but dident intentionaly kill your passanger

If you were going the SPEEN LIMIT and crashed and your passanger dies its not manslaughter, its just a simply accident cause no law was broke

The kid was he charged for man slaughter in the 2ND cause it wasent an TRUE accident, it wasent a case of mistake identiy, reports say he shot over her head to try and scare her...casue he wasent Intentionaly trying to shoot her its rulled as man slaughter in the 2ND.....

Trsst me I  wen to school for this
So sorry 50caljim if i know the facts.....and the bottle hasent been opened yet either, not for another 5 days when I kill my bear

Thomas Edison

Offline KillBilly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • I kill therefore I Am
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 09:11:04 AM »
"MOUNT VERNON, Washington - A teenage hunter who shot and killed a hiker he mistook for a bear has been sentenced to 30 days in juvenile detention and 120 hours of community service.

Tyler J. Kales, then 14, was hunting with his older brother in August when he shot 54-year-old Pamela Almli of Oso, who was trekking on the popular Sauk mountain hiking trail north of Seattle.

Kales, who has since turned 15, apologized to the victim's family at Friday's sentencing and said he hoped they could forgive him.

Kales, of Concrete, was convicted last month of second-degree manslaughter with a firearm".

Rudedawg, if you went to school, did you learn to read? He was found guilty of shooting a hiker he mistook for a bear. Please produce the court documents that state he shot over her head to scare her. I don't believe they exist.
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem.
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2009, 09:11:45 AM »
"thats not a fact. try atleast 2 non-hunters being shot and killed"

You are correct.  Thanks for the correction. 
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline rudedawg1085

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »
hahaha Its odvious KILLBILLY wasent listening....thats my WHOLE POINT, HE WAS FOUND GUILTY BECASUE IT WASENT AN ACCIDENT..you dont setance innocent people to jail, expecially with out a little thing called "beyond a reasonable dought. ..., people still believe it was a case of mistaken identity....which wasent, which is why i started off saying back in this subject "30days is not enough time".....

Thomas Edison

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 04:09:55 PM »
30 days for an INTENTIONAL shooting!!!! not enough time at all. For starters it wasent a case of mistaken identity. Im sorry but who ever thinks that needs to read the facts. If it was a true mistake the kid would of never of been convicted of man slaughter in the first place, if it was a true mistake he would have been sentanced to nothing and it would of just been rulled an accident...... the facts are simply this

#1 lady was within 100 yards when trigger was pulled   (not to far where you can see what it is your shooting)
#2 she was wearing a bright blue coat (hard to confuse that with black bear)
#3 did you know after he shot he never went to check what he shot???... wouldent you check to see the "bear" you shot?????

the kid knew it was a lady.....i believe he dident try to shoot her, but over her to scare her. But he knew what he was shooting at when he pulled the triger.

Wow, you have a weird belief system. If he simply tried to scare her then I would hope he would have been sentenced to more time.
Accident/mistake/tragedy...however you want to phrase it, he killed a human being and deserves more time then he got.

Oh yea, if you saw the news then you would know it wasn't a "bright blue coat".  It was blue, but it wasn't bright.

Offline rudedawg1085

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2009, 08:41:30 AM »
BILLYTHEKIDROCK......wait i dont really understand, do you agree or disagree??. You say I have a werid belief system but yet you agree with me he should of got more time???

Thomas Edison

Offline KillBilly

• Frontiersman
  • I kill therefore I Am
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2009, 10:18:13 AM »
hahaha Its odvious KILLBILLY wasent listening....thats my WHOLE POINT, HE WAS FOUND GUILTY BECASUE IT WASENT AN ACCIDENT..you dont setance innocent people to jail, expecially with out a little thing called "beyond a reasonable dought. ..., people still believe it was a case of mistaken identity....which wasent, which is why i started off saying back in this subject "30days is not enough time".....

Dawg, you can't read and you can't spell. I ask you to produce the documents that stated he was attempting to scare her by shooting over her.

We all understand the Law and the law sometimes doesn't serve the public by imposing a sentence that equals the impact of the crime. I don't agree with ruining his life  but I believe he deserves a stiffer lesson on life.
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2009, 10:27:52 AM »

went to school for what?
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline KillBilly

• Frontiersman
  • I kill therefore I Am
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2009, 10:29:25 AM »

went to school for what?

:yeah:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]