collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: $500-$1000 REWARD leading for information regarding stolen hunting stuff  (Read 4252 times)

Offline MAVsled

• MAV-HNTR
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/MavHntr
    • MAV's Outdoor Adventures
my Wells Cargo trailer was broken into last night-Kent Industrial area.
they couldn't get thru the side door locks or the ramp door locks thus the thieves cut the brackets that hold the ramp door's security bar. The trailer was backed up against the building so they could only open the ramp door 18" on the top edge, 4" near the bumper level. Must have been a skinny dude or young kid to squeeze in there and hand stuff out to his/her accomplises.

aside from my personal gear (hunting clothing camo, odds & ends) they took:

fairly new, excellent condition, 3 yrs old, 10x12 Rainer tent and poles...but not the eave & support-connecting brackets. These brackets were in my garage.
Stihl chainsaw: 035 model 23" bar with orange carry case.
Lone Wolf Assault tree stand and 4 ladder-type attachments
GAme cart: cabelas style capacity 500lbs.
Eberlestock J104 pack with accessories: bladder etc NEW condition.

Estimated value loss: $3500 total, including damage to cargo trailer for replacement parts etc.

$500 up to $1000 reward for information leading to the suspects arrest by Kent police and/or conviction.
PM me with any details or information you may come across: craigslist listings, pawnshops, word of mouth etc, etc.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:10:06 PM by MAVsled »

Offline robodad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • frog4life !!
Re: $500 REWARD leading for information regarding stolen hunting stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 01:53:44 PM »
M-Fers  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(
The essense of freedom is the proper limitation of government !!!

Offline markts

• Thank God Im a country boy
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 01:55:06 PM »
Sorry to hear about this Mav. I have been there and feel they are lucky I didnt catch them in the act. Good luck. Mark

Offline Crunchy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 02:50:29 PM »
Did it happen south of S 277th in that area?

Offline MAVsled

• MAV-HNTR
  • Scout
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 06:13:54 PM »
west industrial park area.

no room at home for the trailer so kept it at work. Only had 18" to squeeze thru the top ramp door opening as the door top edge hit the end of the shipping dock.

Most of my gear was at home in the garage, hence the bag of bracket-pole connectors. But the got the bulky items stored in the Wells Cargo 6x10 trailer as no room at home garage for those items.

watching the i'net boards (example Craigslist) and making rounds at local pawn shops the next 2 days with item list just in case.

Offline halflife65

• Sourdough
Good luck - I hope you catch that @)(*#&*(@. 

A few years ago I had my truck broken into - someone took my Leupold binoculars, Sage fishing rod, fishing gear and vest, rear site to my grandfather's 1948 Model 70 (fortunately, the rest of the rifle wasn't in the truck - I had some parts off of it while I was getting it back in shape after it sat in a closet for 20 years.  That probably pissed me off the most, though, because the rest of the stuff is replaceable), tools out of the locked canopy on the back of the truck.

Nothing worse than that feeling - good luck getting the meth head who did it. 

Offline Mookie

• Longhunter
    • DIP Inc
Sounds like someone knew what you had and where you stored it. Have you shown it off to anyone lately?

I keep warning my brother to lock up his tools better, he stores them all in his job trailer, even locked it is accessible.

What did the police say? It sounds like you had a few grand in equipment stolen. I believe that anything over $1,100.00 is a felony and can be taken semi seriously by the police.

I had a boss yell at me once for inscribing all of our shop tools with the company name, saying it was a waste of my time and the shops time. A few months later they were all stolen, tens of thousands in hand tools. Guess how they caught the guy. The boss still said it was a waste of time.
Never, ever let Creed hold you baby, it will ruin it and you will have to get another.

Offline Gobble

• Frontiersman
  • Wack'em and Stack'em
    • Dave Harder
Kent has really turned into a ghetto since the apt boom started. I work in Kent and every day driving home I see tons of "ghetto punks" roaming around the streets. God I wish we could go back to the days when you didn't have to worry about crap like that. Sorry for your loss  :'(

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
sorry to hear  >:(

I know you shouldn't have to have it, but I hope you had insurance.

Maybe someone will see a classified ad for the tent, sometimes they catch guys that way.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline rasbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Legend
  • In God I trust...Try taking that away from me!
hope you can find the worthless pukes.Came home yrs ago and seen my new holster laying on the bed.It just felt weird kinda ,then I realized all my guns had been ripped off...never gotta one back...........I will watch and listen for anything

Offline MAVsled

• MAV-HNTR
  • Scout
thanks for the replies and please keep on the lookout.

I do have insurance, but money can't replace some things of sentimental value. Like the hunting knife given to me for my 16th birthday by my dad. 35 years later was still going strong and honestly as sharp as the day it was given to me. I listed the most noted items that may show up somewhere.

its the principal of just wanting someone to turn the crook(s) in. No honor among thieves, the money may be tempting enough to turn in some valuable information. Kent police are treating as a larceny felony due to amount stolen. and they have the complete item list and documentation too.

Offline MLBowhunting

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
i will look also man.  sorry to hear about this crap.  tweakers suck
Copper John Pro Staff
R.A.D Broadheads
R.A.D Peeps
Hot Shot Pro Staff

Offline alanger

• Yar ankle biter
  • Sourdough
  • Team super bait
We had a 10' livingston pulled up on the bank from that mornings fishing. nect to a bunch of other boats. we leave the boat there for a couple hours come back and teh fishing boxes are gone. Mossback's custom rod and a box full of the top gear they were biting. some of my gear laying around gone. cousins fishing box gone. Its sad people cant just go to the store like we did. fishing gear isnt gunna break the bank.

Real sad.

Sorry to hear that happened MAV
~Ankle biter out~

Team super bait!     Gamakatsu     ~Ugly Stick~
Abu Garcia  'Bone Collector'   -Bowtech-  <Berkley fishing>
Cannon~DigiTroll     FLW Outdoors     ~Cabela's~

Offline Skyhigh

• Hunter
do you think running your ads on craigslist will maybe deter them to hold onto it for awhile and lay low?

My gut says that they knew what was in there...A tweeker would most likely would not go after items like wall tents, tree stand, game cart and such...for sure the saw...

Sorry to hear of your losses! will keep an eye out for the gear up here and if by chance I come across it, I wouldnt take any reward money....
WE ARE NOT RELATED !!!

Offline MAVsled

• MAV-HNTR
  • Scout
Re: $500-$1000 REWARD leading for information regarding stolen hunting stuff
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 10:39:41 AM »
I sure hope it wasn't a past hunting partner. only 2 people outside of my wife knew where the Wells cargo was and what was in it.

one is still my long time hunting partner....the other, well, stuff happens.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal