collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Found Wolves pack!  (Read 13416 times)

Offline mulehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Found Wolves pack!
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2009, 07:07:17 PM »
Have not run across a wolf yet, but when I do, I am sure it was a coyote.............

I did run into a Griz up on Blewitt pass a few times and was told the first two times I was crazy, but the third time the Gamey admitted they were there but it was kept very quiet.

now thats silly, the WDFW should be telling everyone they are there and to be careful....

EXACTLY BearPaw!!!! Thats why I love to share with u all people what I found and what I know.

Mulehunter  ;)

Offline JackOfAllTrades

• Rasbo said I Ain't Right.
  • Old Salt
  • Μολὼν λαβέ
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2009, 07:53:08 PM »
now thats silly, the WDFW should be telling everyone they are there and to be careful....

It's much easier to find missing hikers if we make sure they carry those little bells and Bear spray.

We could just look at and smell the piles of Bear crap in the woods.  :chuckle:

-Steve
The NRA says I'm a Master!
Colt's, Ruger's, Dan Wesson, & Kimber are my friends!
Proud to be a U.S. Navy Veteran.

If you never follow your dreams, you'll never go anywhere.

Critical thinking keeps people from freaking the hell out every time some half baked blogger forgets his meds. Unlike some of you, I do not have TawkethOutOfAnus© syndrome.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2009, 08:08:22 PM »
A few years back, a guy going over the loup loup to okanogan kept seeing this guy pulling one of those big culvert grizzly bear traps into or out of the JR camp ground. So he got the guys licence plate number and ask his friendly county commissioner what was what. The commissioner called the wdwl and ask and they said they had no one in that area, didn't know what he was talking about, so he called someone a little higher up. Come to find out the wdwl had released a collered grizzly bear and now they were trying to catch it agin, to prove there were bears in that area. So now ask me agin just how much I trust wdwl?

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2009, 08:29:58 PM »
mulehunter...I know you will most likely be the person who will post the most photos.....keep those trail cams busy....
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline hayes202

• Tracker
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2009, 07:06:05 PM »
If they deny they are there that means it a free shot :P after all they said it must of been a black bear or coyote

Offline OKbowhunter

• Tracker
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »
I would like to add something to this thread.....I have a very good friend that was bear hunting above conconully and came across a wolf. he said there was no doubt when 20 minutes later they were howling. Has anyone else heard of wolves up there. Its only a few miles as the crow flies to the methow pack.

Offline Wyoming08

• LONG LIVE THE 2ND AMMENDMENT
  • Scout
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2009, 09:39:05 PM »
Keep this thread going, I wonder if anyone else has reported wolf sightings that have been laughed off?   :dunno:
 :beatdeadhorse:
Ask all of us southwest guys their in the coweeman
When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine
It's God's Job to Forgive Bin Laden -- It's Our Job To Arrange The Meeting
A Dead Enemy Is A Peaceful Enemy -- Blessed Be The Peacemakers
Marines - Providing Enemies of America an Opportunity To Die For their Country Since 1775
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Anyone Who Threatens It
U.S. Marines -- Certified Counselors to the 72 Virgins Dating Club
Water-boarding is out, so kill them all!!!!

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2009, 03:41:08 AM »
I would like to add something to this thread.....I have a very good friend that was bear hunting above conconully and came across a wolf. he said there was no doubt when 20 minutes later they were howling. Has anyone else heard of wolves up there. Its only a few miles as the crow flies to the methow pack.

The Methow pack is the worlds largest wolf pack, upwards of 150 wolves in the one pack. Tell him to name the pack because, the WDWL are not in any hurry to find wolves, they want to drag the new "wolf pack" sightings out as long as they can in order to asure a very large wolf population in Washington. Part of the Methow pack is on MCclure Mt. tonight, howling up a storm, the main reason I am up at this hour.  :bash: :bash: >:( :guns:

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2009, 03:47:13 AM »
Keep this thread going, I wonder if anyone else has reported wolf sightings that have been laughed off?   :dunno:
 :beatdeadhorse:
Ask all of us southwest guys their in the coweeman

wyoming.....what can you tell me about the coweeman?
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline OKbowhunter

• Tracker
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2009, 01:54:10 PM »
some nights I'm real slow to catch on  ;)      I do not recall where and what I was talking about. I think I will try to go on a coyote hunt later this fall though..... :o

Offline bornforhorns

• Hunter
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2009, 04:25:11 PM »
I have relatives who claimed they saw wolves in the Twisp River Drainage at less than a hundred yards for several minutes...it wasn't until I heard them howl myself a few years later in the same area that I was convinced that their there, no doubt, 100%.  Saw tracks and fragments of bone from a fresh kill, the chunk of bone had been regurgitated in the middle of the trail...should of saved it for DNA I guess.

Offline wolfbait

• Site Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »
I think the last five years WDFW have been really dumping wolves in the Methow Valley, more people are coming forward with having seen wolves being released. I wondered why the WDFW jump up and down so much trying to defend themselves. They sure don't want it coming out public what they have done. Lied to the public how many times now? Not that it matters, they seem to think they have no one to answer to. It is starting to screw their credibility all to hell though. First wolf pack in how many years? what are they claiming now? seven wolves in the Methow, they are starting to become the number one joke. I would guess the tall stories that they put in the papers are for the people who have no clue, people that would trade everything to hear the howl of a wolf. The same people who are selling there micro ranch livestock, and those who's dogs have been eaten by wolves and they won't report it because they love the wolves. I wonder how they are going to feel when they can't let their kids outdoors to play without standing by with guns. I bet they will really enjoy the country life then,eh.

Offline Wyoming08

• LONG LIVE THE 2ND AMMENDMENT
  • Scout
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2009, 08:59:58 AM »

Down here in the Southwest up in the Coweeman, we do alot of elk and deer hunting up past headquarters and when the big game is slow we go after the coyotes up there.  We began howling one day and got several to answer back, then they all started to sing, it was really cool to hear them all together. Then one started to howl with a deep  deep howl.  All the coyotes COMPLETELY shut up.  This one howled 3 different times.  Never saw anything, but we hunted above Afton WY 3 years back in area G and on the Last day we heard this same sounding Howl, and the guys we were with said, ya there are several wolf packs up here....It was spooky then, and it raised the hair on the back of our necks here.  Talk to any of the locals around here and I'm sure others have had the samw experience!!! Lets see what the WDFW has to say about the SW having Wolfs????
When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine
It's God's Job to Forgive Bin Laden -- It's Our Job To Arrange The Meeting
A Dead Enemy Is A Peaceful Enemy -- Blessed Be The Peacemakers
Marines - Providing Enemies of America an Opportunity To Die For their Country Since 1775
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Anyone Who Threatens It
U.S. Marines -- Certified Counselors to the 72 Virgins Dating Club
Water-boarding is out, so kill them all!!!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]