collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: How many other's had issues???  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
How many other's had issues???
« on: December 11, 2007, 11:16:09 AM »
 I went to Montana, first time deer hunting this year. My uncle had arrangement's as he has always had with a rancher who owns over 35,000 acres to hunt his land the first few days. Usually they get some nice animals on their property. We hunted there the first two days and saw tire tracks all over (no driving in allowed) and then my uncle ran into a guy on a quad at the very top of the ridge, who turned around and hi-tailed it right out of there when he saw my uncle. We later spoke with the owner and he stated he's had increasing problems with this to the point he was going to start spray painting trespasser's truck's orange because they couldn't seem to see the orange on the post's!! I then reserved two days at another ranch, but didn't bother to go back on day two for the same reason. We had the whole area booked for us four (maximum of four people allowed per day), yet guys still kept driving through the area we were hunting, stopping, getting out and glassing in plain sight, where they clearly did not have permission to hunt. I have to say, though there are more deer in Montana, trespass seems to be a huge problem and definitely affected our hunt there.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
Re: How many other's had issues???
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 11:39:41 AM »
Sorry to hear that there is still issues with trespassers. Thats why the owners end up disallowing any hunting on their property. Did you manage to get your buck?
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Muleyslyr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 12:08:38 PM »
Ya.....unfortunately D, that is a common problem back there.  And even more unfortunately it's seems to be getting worse.  :dunno:  Sometimes there just isn't a whole lot YOU can do but hunt somewhere else or deal with it.  I do like that landowners idea....spray paint the trucks Orange.  :chuckle:

Offline Dman

• Dmanmastertracker
  • Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 02:10:36 PM »
Ya.....unfortunately D, that is a common problem back there.  And even more unfortunately it's seems to be getting worse.  :dunno:  Sometimes there just isn't a whole lot YOU can do but hunt somewhere else or deal with it.  I do like that landowners idea....spray paint the trucks Orange.  :chuckle:

I got a kick out of that too  :chuckle:
 I think he was only joking a little though....

Skyval -we ended up doing OK on our relatives little piece of property and I got my 3pt muley on State land. I did see three bigger muleys, one was at 400 yards in heavy snow and fog so I passed, one was on a chunk of ground I didn't know was huntable until after and another one didn't give me a shot until after I shot the smaller three point he was with, I'd say all were between 22-25". My uncle got his best muley, a heavy 23" four point and my cousin got his best whitetail, a 19" five point.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]