collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dead buck already?  (Read 15562 times)

Offline rezboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • New Y.A.R. Member
Re: Dead buck already?
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2009, 09:45:44 AM »
Kopfjaeger and Sportfury:  Thank you guys for your comments.  It is very refreshing and uplifting to read level-headed and well thought out responses.  I definately don't look at myself as a leader.  I'm just a normal guy wanting whats best for my family and children, but I do appreciate your responses.  Good luck to you both for the upcoming seasons!

NW-GSP:  It's not a special right.  He holds a tag just as you or I do when we purchase them.  Last I checked it's not a government handout due to the fact that he pays $20 to the tribe to hold the tag.  And maybe you should get over it since your the one complaining? :dunno:  But once again your opinion is your opinion and its not worth my time to debate it with you....  Take care.

Stlhdr1:  How do I respond to you....?  My children are half Native American and they will be, along with me and my wife, damn proud of that fact.  I understand your comment, but the tribe's are the one's that regulate their blood quantum.  Obviously it is important enough for them to carry on thier Native blood.  It doesn't matter if it's a 1/4, 1/2 or full-blooded because they all carry the blood of their people. 

Offline Dmanmastertracker

• Frontiersman
    • Flickr Photo Album
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2009, 10:33:04 AM »
"It cracks me up when someone claims to be "Indian" because they are 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16th."

That comment throws a whole lot of people under the bus, let's stick to the topic of responsible harvest. If my grandfather's family is proud of their Irish heritage and none of them are "100%" Irish, so be it, it's a free Country, we need to remember that. None of us here are 100% anything for certain, we just happen to reside in particular borders.

Offline rezboy

• Scout
  • New Y.A.R. Member
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2009, 10:56:14 AM »
"It cracks me up when someone claims to be "Indian" because they are 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16th."

That comment throws a whole lot of people under the bus, let's stick to the topic of responsible harvest. If my grandfather's family is proud of their Irish heritage and none of them are "100%" Irish, so be it, it's a free Country, we need to remember that. None of us here are 100% anything for certain, we just happen to reside in particular borders.

:yeah:

Offline runningboard

• Site Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »
was going to chime in earlier but didn't cause it's like why bother. those who see negative will still see it after I'm thru talking. thanks for mentioning the armed forces kopfjaeger, I was gonna mention that when I intended to join the discussion, also of the 17 recipients of the Congressional medal of honor give to Native Americans, 12 of those were before we were even recognized as citizens of the United States of America. we have always stepped up and fought for our conquerers. we fight for the very same freedom you enjoy.
oh, yeah, I am a full-blood mutt! several different tribes but all Indian! :chuckle:
we are currently rewriting the hunting regs for our reservation and I look at these topics and try to understand where you are coming from so I can make sound recommendations as to how our regs should be written in regards to others feelings about habitat, conservation, ehtics, etc. but when it's just "f-ing NDN's get everything handed to them and don't give a damn!" how is that helping me care about how you feel? my tribe funds so much in regards to our daily operations here on our rez, we don't rely on big brother for anything, I realize we are an exception but others are following our lead.
we should work together against the anti-hunting fanatics and yes the tribe's need to punish those that waste in the name of sustenance and cry "my god-given right". they are making us ALL look like asses in the eye of the public. good hunting all & post your stories when you get back from your hunting endeavors.
Romans 14:2 he who eats only vegetables is weak
Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me

Offline oneezreiter

• Longhunter
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2009, 11:10:19 AM »
Well said running board.  So often I only hear the negative.  Thank you for your support of responsible game management.
Of all the branches of men in the forces there is none which shows more devotion and faces grimmer perils than the submariners." 

Sir Winston Churchill

Offline littlebuf

• official YAR pack mule
  • Frontiersman
  • TeamYARwetspot-leavin other teams in da wetspot
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2009, 12:28:36 PM »
"There is fault to be found in everything if all you are looking for is fault. Take a few minutes and put yourself in their position; how would you like to be stripped of almost everything you are or have and then regulated by your conqueror?"

show me one living Indian that was "conquered" or "stripped" of any thing 
No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.

Offline KillBilly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • I kill therefore I Am
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2009, 01:37:45 PM »
This is where racism begins, where you give benefits and perks to other races due to skin color

Exactly the way the indians felt when they were considered less than human by the caucasians and even blacks. Indians were considered heathens by most even after our government gave them reservations and limited rights.
It makes me wonder when any of us caucasians heve actually been repressed by another race.
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem.
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother.

Offline kopfjaeger

• Tracker
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2009, 10:20:12 PM »
"There is fault to be found in everything if all you are looking for is fault. Take a few minutes and put yourself in their position; how would you like to be stripped of almost everything you are or have and then regulated by your conqueror?"

show me one living Indian that was "conquered" or "stripped" of any thing 

They continue today as a conquered people. They have no standing military, they are beholden to the U.S. government; they have to balance two lives, one on the res and one off. In 1914, the federal government ceded over 500,000 acres from the southern half of the Colville Reservation. Should we find out if there are any alive today that were born before that happened? Or, maybe their children that had mom and dad tell them about it? For crying out load man, Yak and Rez, have some of their honor stripped from them everytime someone on this site makes derogatory blanket statements about native americans.
The most dangerous weapon in the world is a Marine with his rifle!

Offline littlebuf

• official YAR pack mule
  • Frontiersman
  • TeamYARwetspot-leavin other teams in da wetspot
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2009, 10:41:31 PM »
well they do have a military and many natives serve in it and serve well, they also have every right any other citizen in this country enjoys under the bill of rights and the constitution. should blacks be given reparations for slavery? should Jews be given reparations from Germany,Rome,Egypt.what do we owe the Japanese for interment during WWII?  where does it end, why is it racist to say you don't deserve rights based on race but its not racist to say that you do?  Yak and Rez do you feel your "honor being stripped" by a web site? give me a break
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 10:48:23 PM by littlebuf »
No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal