collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Grouse Blues Yesterday  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Sportfury

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Grouse Blues Yesterday
« on: September 20, 2009, 03:41:29 PM »
Went up above Ashford yesterday in the rain to see if I could find some blues. Wasn't even fifty feet from the truck and my pup put one up and I wasn't even ready for it. Hiked my butt off for the next couple hours and only saw one more flying high and down the road in front of me on the way back to the truck. Not even sure where it came from because the dogs didn't act birdy at all.

For the day I saw one small bull elk (1/4 mile from the driveway), two blues, a few chipmunks, and got soaking wet. Berries everywhere and they were nice and ripe. One thing I did not see was any bear poop. Did see some nice new elk rubs. Oned was a good three to four feet above my outstretched arm. That had to be a tall bull. Ended the day with no birds and had to go home for an early dinner party and when I got back into Ashford the skies were clear and sun was out, wouldn't you know it, but at least I got out and about.

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
Re: Grouse Blues Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 09:28:25 PM »
Hey, atleast you had fun....
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline arintime

• Tracker
Re: Grouse Blues Yesterday
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »
Same story (minus the blues and elk) out near cushman. I think the low that moved through must have hunkered them down in the trees. I saw zero grouse, but I did see one covey of mountain quail later in the afternoon. Thanks for the report.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal