collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: my buddy's new puppy  (Read 3769 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
my buddy's new puppy
« on: April 27, 2007, 05:01:43 PM »
life at andrew's house... :)i put a little blurb about my buddy below so you all get the gist of the cub in the pictures.

Andrew Simmons, of Andrew Simmons Wildlife Programs, will make a presentation about predators featuring at least several live predators (possibly including mountain lion, tiger or leopard). The program is designed to introduce students to concepts related to endangered species. It will also delve into the natural history, adaptations and ecology of large predators, which are mostly extirpated from Connecticut.  A disproportionate number of endangered species in North America are predators.  The program also reinforces the important roles of all species in ecosystems and their interdependence
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
Re: my buddy's new puppy
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 07:23:45 PM »
Very cool photos. How long does he keep the bear?

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 10:10:53 AM »
Typically he keeps the critters 1-2 years depending on how "cooperative" they are. some are very well behaved with people, and some are just plain evil.
here's a couple more...most of these are friends ofmine. this guy is in upstate new york where i used to call home.

i got to see this little leopard when we went back for xmas this year, but she was a lot bigger :)

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 10:14:08 AM »
Wow that's amazing and I bet it is also a lot of work!!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 10:53:37 AM »
this is wht he does for a living. he typically will only have 1, maybe 2 of the bigger animals at a time. he has some permanent residents, a couple big pythons, that little gator, he has a golden eagle, some kind of owl, a pair of alligator snapping turtles, a nile monitor lizard, i think thats about it...it is a bunch of work with little paychecks, but he loves his work. i'm jealous. the big animals stay inside when they are real young, which is usually over the  winters, then they have huge pens out in their property they move to wheen they grow up or when the weather warms. he gets calls from the local cops to come and pick up road kill deer for feed.
oh...yeah btw, he's got some big whitetail heads on the walls in his house, and last year he killed a 460 lb black bear, all on his land.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal