collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looking for ex-military hunting buddy  (Read 5036 times)

Offline let.it.fly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: Looking for ex-military hunting buddy
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 07:32:04 AM »
-wow, knuckle heads, everyone has a big dong here ok. no need to compare. i am former navy, before you jump to to many conclusions its important you know i was an fmf corpman. with two dets to Iraq, once with 3rd recon and another with casevac. saw plenty of blood in the mud. and ptsd can effect people differently, i couldn't sleep past 3 in the am for about a year after my first det... i already got one bear this year and don't have much room in the freezer for a second but i would be willing to help anyone out. i live in renton. lemme know

Offline ctwiggs1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 09:09:03 AM »
Thanks Curtis for squareing me away on my less than perfect grammer.So I shal make this correction to my post.I am former Marine looking for other former military hunting buddys.I say this on account of the harsh conditions I don't mind enduring.Also it's nice to have something in common to break the ice.As far as ptsd goes different people are affected in different ways to war.I chose to let myself be totally absorbed by it.And being meaner than enyone I knew.It was good.Now it won't get out.Mogadishu was my sand box.And not the nice safe one you see in black hawk down.I lived out in the city putting the damn damn on our skinny friends.It's always best to not assume we have done more than others.I have also had a left and right sock.If we put some sort of negative face to ptsd people who really need help will be afraid of ridicule from the public and fellow vetrans.What we want to stay away from is the old " LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT A REAL WAR" syndrome.And I agree the ones who seem to make the most noise are the fakers.I ran into lots of them in the cucu bin.So I can see how a person not knowing what they are talking about can jump to conclusions.Best to only show support for them unless we were there also.I just want to find a friend to hunt bears with who won't wuss out when we have to walk further than two miles.Can carry his own gear and doesn't have a stick up his butt.I think that is doable don't you?No better friend no worse enemy.

Sounds good bro, let me know and I'm down for it!  Elk starts next week, so I'll be out pretty hardcore for em.  Not to say I'm not taking a predator call... If I see a bear, by all means, I'll take it.  Do you bow hunt by chance?

Take care, talk to ya soon.  Feel free to call or PM, 253.315.1317

Curtis

Offline papa bear

• Pilgrim
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 02:03:36 PM »
-wow, knuckle heads, everyone has a big dong here ok. no need to compare. i am former navy, before you jump to to many conclusions its important you know i was an fmf corpman. with two dets to Iraq, once with 3rd recon and another with casevac. saw plenty of blood in the mud. and ptsd can effect people differently, i couldn't sleep past 3 in the am for about a year after my first det... i already got one bear this year and don't have much room in the freezer for a second but i would be willing to help anyone out. i live in renton. lemme know

Hello devil doc always much respect to my corpsman.And it takes a special man to be subject to Marine standards but not be in the Corps.You guys were the only ones who could keep up.Semper Fi.

Offline Galpster

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 05:25:32 PM »
I am ex military with a tour in Kuwait and Korea. 34 with a 10 year old son. I would love to hunt with you but I think in the same boat, I do not know where to go.

Hunt em, Kill em, Eat em. Do not hunt em if you aren't going to eat em.

Offline NataSS

• Hunter
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 02:55:46 PM »
Former USMC, got out in '00 so Ihavent served in the current batch of fun.  My schedule is kind of goofy since i have my kids every other weekend but am always looking to get out.
Worst hunter in Western Wa.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1