collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2010 spring turkey hunting  (Read 1408 times)

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
2010 spring turkey hunting
« on: November 19, 2009, 10:03:55 AM »
As everyone is learning how our turkey populations continue to grow and the hunter support and interrest also continue to grow I would like to give all you new hunters Little advise on the proper way of turkey hunting and this advise comes from over 25+ yrs of turkey hunting experience in the turkey woods.. Turkey hunting is all about calling and enjoying the ability to bring in that tom with your calling ability . Over the last few years we have had way to many ( drive by shootings) this is not the way we should carry on when turkey hunting. Most land owners are really fed up with this on going unethical kind of hunting...We all love hunting and I would highly recommend everyone practicing there calling this spring and ounce you call that first gobbler to your set up , only then , you will see what turkey hunting really is meant to be.. And one more very very important thing I need to recommend is that everyone should not invade on another hunters space. If someone is working a bird ( LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY , THIS IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO..) GOOD LUCK AND PLEASE BE AN ETHICAL HUNTER THIS SPRING..
                                        BOWHUNTER 45

Offline yelp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 2010 spring turkey hunting
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 12:55:38 PM »
As everyone is learning how our turkey populations continue to grow and the hunter support and interrest also continue to grow I would like to give all you new hunters Little advise on the proper way of turkey hunting and this advise comes from over 25+ yrs of turkey hunting experience in the turkey woods.. Turkey hunting is all about calling and enjoying the ability to bring in that tom with your calling ability . Over the last few years we have had way to many ( drive by shootings) this is not the way we should carry on when turkey hunting. Most land owners are really fed up with this on going unethical kind of hunting...We all love hunting and I would highly recommend everyone practicing there calling this spring and ounce you call that first gobbler to your set up , only then , you will see what turkey hunting really is meant to be.. And one more very very important thing I need to recommend is that everyone should not invade on another hunters space. If someone is working a bird ( LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY , THIS IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO..) GOOD LUCK AND PLEASE BE AN ETHICAL HUNTER THIS SPRING..
                                        BOWHUNTER 45

Bowhunter45.. This topic has been discussed a lot on here by hunters that care about the sport like you do.  There is many ways to hunt turkeys.  Every hunt is different.  I have permission from 20-30 different landowners.    We enjoy calling them in, but sometimes we have the ability to spot and stalk.  I also hunt a lot of public land.  I have had hunters stalk me and my decoys several times.  It sometimes is hard to hear if the yelping you hear is a hen or if the hen is a hunter.  Also with everyone wearing camo sometimes it is hard to see where others are set up.  Sometimes ruining others hunts isn't intentional.  Welcome to the site.  Where do you hunt the most what county?
Wild Turkey, Walleyes, Whitetails and Wapiti..These are a few of my favorite things!!

Born to Yelp!
Short Hike Guide Service - Owner

Offline Birdguy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
Re: 2010 spring turkey hunting
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 10:15:31 AM »
This has been brought up several times over the years and yet every year we add new members both to the site and the turkey woods. Now is the right time to have this topic on here as more turkey hunters are likely to see PRIOR to the post opening week rants that will follow for not adhering to these exact concepts :bash:. The season is long and with a good winter the birds will be plentiful. Hopefully next April and May this forum will be filled with pictures of a successfull season wether birds were harvested or not. Great topic and welcome Bowhunter45.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]