collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Saw some sheep!  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Alan K

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • University of Idaho Alumni
Saw some sheep!
« on: November 21, 2009, 06:36:54 PM »
So on my way back home for Thanksgiving break I took White Pass. . .

Between the feed station and Rimrock Retreat, about a quarter mile back towards the feed station from where they're putting in that new bridge, up on the hill to the right I spotted around 7-8 sheep.  They were on an open face in the oaks, and I only got a look at them through the binoculars for a few seconds before they were in the trees, but I saw one pretty nice looking ram.  I'm not sure what exactly a nice ram looks like, but this one looked like it had a lot of mass and probably 2/3-3/4 curl.  Only got a look at 3 or 4 of the original group since they were on the move, but there was one other small ram in the bunch that I saw.

Anyways, it was pretty neat, I always look when I drive through there and thats the first time I've actually spotted them.  Damn camera sucks though and without a place to pull off I could only slow for a minute and snap a picture through my windshield which didn't come out.  

Thought I'd let you guys know, incase someone out there still has a tag (I think the season is still going? If not nevermind. . .) for that unit and wanted to know where a group were.  Also incase some of you photographers want to go snap some pictures.  I'm sure they'll be in the same general area, and they were sidehilling towards the feed station if that helps.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]