collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: MY biggest bear(500lbs)  (Read 8944 times)

Offline 7mm short mag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: MY biggest bear(500lbs)
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 07:54:37 PM »
When and where did you shoot that?

I shot it August 30, 2009 in eastern washington.

And yes bucklucky we did weigh it @ a meat locker, it was 480 dressed over 500 live weight   

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 08:18:52 PM »
Great bear!  I agree with Michelle, as $1800 seems too good to be true in this day and age for a lifesize bear of this size.  I'd check the quality and reputation of this taxi. :twocents:  Hope it's a great deal for your sake though. :)

Offline 7mm short mag

• Tracker
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 02:05:36 AM »
Butch in winthrope quoted me that and he dose great work. Ive seen his deer and pics of bear mounts he dose quality work.

Offline bucklucky

• Old Salt
    • Charlie Smith
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 08:15:17 AM »
Nice man, 480 dressed  :o Jsut to be clear I wasnt dounting the size , its jsut nice to know it was put on a scale so there isnt any doubt.  Thats way impressive. I bet his skull is in the upper 20, maybee 21? I dont really know many quality Taxis that do lifesize bears that cheap. But I also look at taxidermy differently than most people. Perssonaly I think my bears are just OK and is what the average taxi should be putting out.  I have had customers have mounts done by the cheaper guys thinking they did great work only to be extremely disapointed when they got it back. Make sure you go see his lifesize bears in person just to be sure. Man thats a huge bear. Does that include a base and habitat also? Post some pictures of that brute when you get him back!! Congrats!

Disclaimer: (My post was not to be taken as a taxidremy bash sestion , or as me trying to drum up more work as I have plenty. I was only trying to help someone look at chossing a taxidermist from a different angle so he is happy with the work he will get back.  8) )

Offline Alan K

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
  • University of Idaho Alumni
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 09:41:54 AM »
That thing is a giant! Way to go!

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 09:49:11 AM »
Buckylucky, this is what is so special about this site, the honest comments and ideas posted by you, and other taxidermists who are regulars on here. Honest questions and suggestions to us hunters. I really respect and appreciate that approach. I would never consider your comment bashing at all. Good honest advise. Thanks.  
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline let.it.fly

• Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 07:26:43 AM »
hey 7mm was that bear taken near winthrop. maybe northeast side a few miles outa town. if so i may very well have seen that bear. pm me if thats the case.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 07:54:09 AM »
Just curious, who's Butch in Winthrop?  I've taken many animals to Blaine in Twisp, but have never heard of Butch in Winthrop.  I heard there was a taxi in Winthrop, but not many locals know much about him.

Offline pat2bear

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 09:52:14 AM »
$1800 sounds more like a price for half life size. You might want to follow up on that. Great bear. Congrats!

Offline bearhunter99

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 04:28:13 PM »
I would definitely do a lifesize if you can afford it.  I shot the state record bear in 1999, over 7' nose to tail and didn't know what I had.  I had a rug made, which is still very impressive (and is hanging in the Wholesale Sports in Burlington) but ever since I have kicked myself for not doing a lifesize mount.  You have to take advantage of any once in a lifetime animal. My  :twocents:
RIP Colockumelk   :salute:

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill

Genesis 27:3
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 04:41:13 PM »
that is a huge trophy bear of a lifetime. i am paying 600.00 before tax for my half life size. it is getting worked on right now. can't wait to see it when it is done. but hate to pay the bill when i pick it up :'( my taxidermy bill this years was crazy from new zealand to here wow skull mounts from now on for me lol
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline ratherhunt

• Scout
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 08:18:18 PM »
Wow that is one nice bear.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal