collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2008 turkey hunt  (Read 2474 times)

Offline sffguitar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
2008 turkey hunt
« on: January 13, 2008, 07:13:58 PM »
alright fellas. this year Im doing a DIY turkey hunt...I Plan on going out for 3-4 days In my little camper up in North east washington. Heres the thing- Ive never been turkey huntin before...Ive been practicing my calls and watching some videos trying to learn how to hunt them birds. I plan in march to go up in north east corner of washington and start knocking on peoples doors to see if they would let me hunt on some of there land....My plans right now are to just drive up 395 and maybe take some roads so I can drive by farms or what not and try to spot some turkeys. Does this sound like a good idea? hah Id love tips on how to ask people to hunt there land...and Id love to be pointed into a general area thanks folks!

Offline bowhuntin

• Sourdough
Re: 2008 turkey hunt
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 08:41:53 PM »
Sounds like you got yourself a good plan. I haven't been up there before turkey season, but I bet most of those birds are on private land during the winter.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 09:04:09 PM »
we've been up there the last 2 years. the first thing that comes to mind is why would you worry about finding access to private land when there is soooooo much public land?
the same old adage applies...get a mile from a road and you eliminate 90% of the hunters. we haven't had any issues with other hunters as of yet, and we have hunted 9 days total this past year and the year before. don't worry about getting on private...look at colville national forest  and you'll find plenty of access and plenty of turkeys.
use your drive over there to scout the land for turkey sign and find a place to camp and stuff.
my .02 for what it's worth.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline sffguitar

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 09:17:49 PM »
You know that sounds like a great plan...I know there are a ton of turkeys over there...Id love to bag one of those suckers! hah thanks for the quick replys!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal