collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Couple of long beards this week  (Read 2940 times)

Offline wastickslinger

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Couple of long beards this week
« on: January 14, 2008, 09:55:12 AM »
Saw 3 decent toms while working this week. It just around the corner!!!!! I'm counting days now.

Offline wastickslinger

• Frontiersman
Re: Couple of long beards this week
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 10:03:32 AM »
One in the front had a split beard!!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 07:13:34 PM »
 :drool:

is it time yet?
can't come soon enough for me.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 06:20:33 AM »
Stop it, stop it! You are killing me!!! I better get my son out shooting his new shotgun. I don't want any misses!  I keep telling him he better toughen up his shoulder for the gun. He asks me for a little thump in the shoulder to remind him what it is going to feel like....  :chuckle:
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 08:48:06 PM »
tell him when it's time to get the job done, he won't feel a thing.
or even hear a thing.
you could always let him shoot it with some light loads till it's go time, then swap the big boomers in when he's not looking.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 06:58:12 AM »
He he he, that was my plan. Shoot the powderpuff loads all spring, then I will screw in the turkey buster choke and load him with the big load come turkey day. It is all in your attitude about shooting. So far, my son has not shot many things that kick. When he has, he is a bit upset at me about it. When I think about it, so do some of my adult friends. I love a gun that kicks your ass. I smile and chuckle if I get a good kick. Many of my friends wont even shoot my 300rum any more. (Wussies!) And the Rum isn't that bad...
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline wastickslinger

• Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 12:03:16 PM »
I did that to my wife one time. I put 2 3/4 light loads into let her shoot the gun because she was afraid it would kick too hard and didnt want to shoot a turkey. I wanted to make sure it wouldnt. Well when she actually shot at a turkey with 3 inch mags she never even knew the difference. Whe I told her later she didnt believe me. She said she wanted to shoot one again not at a turkey. She noticed it that time and was mad at me.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal