collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bobcat question  (Read 18803 times)

catwithboost

Re: Bobcat question
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 07:28:17 PM »
I really hopeto at least get a dog soon. I think I want a full body on my first one if it looks good.

Offline rainshadow1

• RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Custom Calls and Knives
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/RainShadow-Game-Calls-Custom-Knives/133406026689512?ref=hl
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 09:38:52 PM »
Really burns me when I'm way up high in 20" of snow looking for a cat track to hike on and call, and I see the Hound Box drive by. (Burns me even more when I see the dog tracks all swarming over a cat  track in the road.) I report 'em every time. No Coyotes or Coons up there, fellers. The cell phone comes out!

If it was legal, I'd be right out there with 'em. I'd have my own pack by now. But since it's not, it cuts the legs out from under the predator caller when the cats are all spooked out.
- - Steve
View and Purchase/Order Custom Calls!
Cougar Hunters!!! Check out Calling Products and Call-In Stories!
View the Blade Gallery, & Purchase/Order a Custom Knife!
 www.rain-shadow.com

RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives on Facebook

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 06:14:58 AM »
If it was legal, I'd be right out there with 'em. I'd have my own pack by now. But since it's not, it cuts the legs out from under the predator caller when the cats are all spooked out.

:brew:

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 08:08:32 AM »
that's why i dont hunt Wynoochee and clearwater. when i was at colville hunting turkey's the camp next to me said ta we have no problem getting our cougar. they talked of several cougar's killed with dog's. and bear season. there were two hound hunter's at bear camp. ruined our hunting of course they were coyote hunting. then giggled. sorry most hound hunter's i no of are just poacher's. i'm unhappy to i guided bear baiting. Rick
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline huntinhick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 11:12:42 AM »
well I live just north of Shelton in Union and I have at least one big tom that lives in my area I have seen him in my driveway twice. I found the trees he likes to hang out in behind my house.  We border alot of timber land so I think that is the reason they have stayed around.  I have also seen 3 red fox with in 5 miles of my house also.

Carl

catwithboost

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 12:03:02 PM »
And your address is?????????  ;) ;)

Offline Houndhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 12:40:45 PM »
that's why i dont hunt Wynoochee and clearwater. when i was at colville hunting turkey's the camp next to me said ta we have no problem getting our cougar. they talked of several cougar's killed with dog's. and bear season. there were two hound hunter's at bear camp. ruined our hunting of course they were coyote hunting. then giggled. sorry most hound hunter's i no of are just poacher's. i'm unhappy to i guided bear baiting. Rick

ok come on, im callin BS all over what your saying. not sayin just you theres more guys on the site that are sayin hounders are ruining there hunts?? tell me how many hounders are in washington?? only 640 people put in this year for lion permits and probably on 400-500 actually own dogs capable of treeing somthin. what you guys are saying just dont line up with the facts. i have never seen any houders ever in capital forest besides myself. i go there every few weeks so how come i dont see any of them??? this makes no sense seeing as you guys claim that they're all over. and lion season still aint over, theres quite a few places that have areas open for safety removal and pursuit only.

i wish they'd open a decent program to run bear on. the one they had a few years ago was not good at all, and most of your good hounders wouldnt do it because they didnt agree with the things you had to do. if they'd open a decent houding season we wouldnt be having these bear problems. they havnt been as bad as there claiming in capital forest, but in that hancock forest area its getting really bad. there getting a thousnd or so increase in numbers every year over there

Offline rainshadow1

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Custom Calls and Knives
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/RainShadow-Game-Calls-Custom-Knives/133406026689512?ref=hl
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 12:52:54 PM »
Houndhunter, I think you're hearing it a little wrong... I - - and I'll wager BTKR and Bearman also - - don't have a probelm with hound hunting. Or hounds. Or hound dog men. If it was legal, I'd be doing it myself. And I think it should be legal for limited seasons for all predators. . . . But it's NOT. So we have to figger out other ways to bag Cats legally. We're out calling now. I don't have anything against hounders, I have a problem with POACHING.

I talked to the Warden in my area, he told me there's been no authorizations of any kind for hound men to be running cats here. None. NONE! So, what are those couple truck boxes full of dogs doing up at 4000 feet in 20" of snow????? Please educate me here?!?!?!?!  I'm not talking about 400 guys, I'm talking about 3 or 4 who dash out after the snow and spook the cats so I have a REAL hard time calling them. What are they doing up there if not P-O-A-C-H-I-N-G?

If there were another possibility, I'd much rather believe that. (I prefer to think the best of people.) But I just can't imagine one.
- - Steve
View and Purchase/Order Custom Calls!
Cougar Hunters!!! Check out Calling Products and Call-In Stories!
View the Blade Gallery, & Purchase/Order a Custom Knife!
 www.rain-shadow.com

RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives on Facebook

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 01:07:25 PM »
it just isnt fun finding a cougar track.  and themn you come on to hay in the road and dog track's. this happen's alot on the olympic pennisula.. and on the bocat's to. just get's frustrating. i dont call here any more. just in certain area's. i'.m lucky enough to be able to call cougar's in a couple week's in the san carlos indion reservation in Globe Arizona.not all hound hunter's are bad. fork's has a serios problem. alot of outlaw's. Rick
RIP Colockumelk

Offline huntinhick

• Hunter
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 03:57:13 PM »
I am still trying to convince the wife that the Bobcat posses a threat to the house and should be "taken out"  so far she is not buying it.

Carl

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 04:04:39 PM »
 :chuckle:  I think i saw him cough! 

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 04:30:12 PM »
Houndhunter, I think you're hearing it a little wrong... I - - and I'll wager BTKR and Bearman also - - don't have a probelm with hound hunting. Or hounds. Or hound dog men. If it was legal, I'd be doing it myself.

I agree. I do not have a problem with hound hunting and someday I would like to even just ride with some guys to see what it is like. But what I don't like are the guys that are running cats and bears when they are not supposed to. Like the old man in the CF who was running bears a couple falls ago and told me he was running "coyotes" or "what ever was legal". Or the guy that was chasing bobcats in the CF last winter in the snow right through the unit I was calling in. I don't like it when my brother's archery elk hunt is ruined in Winston by a couple hounds running a hot cougar track behind the herd last year. Those guys even admitted to running cats, but stated "we don't kill em".

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 05:49:05 PM »
i dont hate hound's either just had a few hunt's ruined. Rick
RIP Colockumelk

catwithboost

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 05:59:13 PM »
This may come out wrong  but take it with a grain of salt. We have a wide range of hunting here is Washington and NOT sure but it is not illegal to track animals so if someone says that they are doing that we have to take there word until proven wrong. So if someone comes thru your stand it is not illegal so be it. Is how I feel.

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 06:05:41 PM »
This may come out wrong  but take it with a grain of salt. We have a wide range of hunting here is Washington and NOT sure but it is not illegal to track animals so if someone says that they are doing that we have to take there word until proven wrong. So if someone comes thru your stand it is not illegal so be it. Is how I feel.

Ya lost me on that one.. :dunno:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal