collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bobcat question  (Read 18802 times)

bearsnack

Re: Bobcat question
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2008, 07:51:22 PM »
I was just browsing and came across this site, and this topic really started to get to me when I read it, so I joined. Well I have hunted with hounds all my life and it really eats at me that I being called a poacher because of the way I hunt and because a bunch of liberal bunny huggers made some B.S. law pass. When your a true hound guy this is not just a sport or a pass time it is a way of life! From the trucks we drive to where we choose to work to where we live. Our dogs are like children to us. Not all hound guys go out and try to run cats but if there are some that do so what. How would you like it if they took away your way of life something you do on a daily basis in one form or another, just because the city people don't like it. Just remember hound hunting is the only catch and release type of hunting. So next time you see a hound guy don't be so quick to grab your phone and tattletale on him. Just because its illegal to run certain critters doesn't mean that's what there up to and if they are there is no biological reason for the the law.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              P.S Yes there are lots and lots of cats on the westside.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:07:31 PM by bearsnack »

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2008, 07:56:31 PM »
A little testy?
If you re-read the thread you should notice that we are not against hound hunting, most of us are for it even if we don't have dogs.

Online Houndhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2008, 08:12:16 PM »
an another thing to think bout, when theres no snow, its not th dogs fault if they strike up a cat and you run it. when theres no snow there aint no tellin what its gunna be, alot of the time, you gotta trust the dog that its somethin that'll tree. you cant tell a dog you can only run lion with a special permit and only during a certin time period. and many people with hounds run bobcats and over in idaho so them dogs are gunna strike them. i've never had a run in with gameys when the dogs were running a cat, but my family has. and the truth is the gameys really cant do anything bout it, not sayin you should do that. but i does happen sometimes and you cant stop it.

i like what your sayin bearsnack bout being catch and release. most of the things i've ever treed have never been killed, just treed

Offline rainshadow1

• RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Custom Calls and Knives
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/RainShadow-Game-Calls-Custom-Knives/133406026689512?ref=hl
    • RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2008, 08:42:35 PM »
Yet again,

If it was legal to chase and take cats with dogs, I'd own them myself.

It's not legal.

Hounders who run cats are poaching. Kill or not. And taking away my opportunity to legally take cats with calls by spooking them far from the travelable roads. Plain and simple.

I don't agree with the ban. But it's law. If it's such a lifestyle, then head to the legislature, not to the high country.
- - Steve
View and Purchase/Order Custom Calls!
Cougar Hunters!!! Check out Calling Products and Call-In Stories!
View the Blade Gallery, & Purchase/Order a Custom Knife!
 www.rain-shadow.com

RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives on Facebook

Labrador Retrievers - https://rainshadowlabradors.com

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2008, 06:10:46 AM »
If it's such a lifestyle, then head to the legislature, not to the high country.

I think the hound hunters would be surprised at how much support they would get if they could get something going. I know I would help again.

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2008, 08:18:13 AM »
when you hound hunter's. say you running coyote's and pig's then giggle. that's. there is alot of poacing in fork's aberdeen and mortan Randle area. i here the bragging . the i'm running coyote's get's old. like to see what would happen if a game ward made a coyote scent trail. see what the dog's would do. i bet they would cower. they wouldnt bark i bet. just hard to do it legal.  Rick
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

bearsnack

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2008, 08:18:55 PM »
Ok now I your point YOU guys don't care if it's legal or not it's all about YOU! YOU think hound guys are taking opportunity away from YOU! now I get the picture. Well I don't condone running cats but it happens life goes on. And I have never seen a cat spooked far away from the road it was found on it always comes back to the same area. Not all hound guys try to run game there not supposed to. It is legal to run hounds on coon, coyote, fox, possum and rabbits. also bear, cougar and bobcat on public safety hunts depredation hunts and the five county pilot program. I know guys that run hounds on all of them. Also if the big city people said you can't keep your guns anymore cause we don't like it you just gonna give them up so you can be (LEGAL)?

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2008, 05:46:14 AM »
YOU think hound guys are taking opportunity away from YOU! now I get the picture. Well I don't condone running cats but it happens life goes on.

And how do you feel when someone outside your hunting party sets up on the trail and blasts at the animal you are chasing?

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2008, 08:23:16 AM »
i'm not saying any more. your right. i'm wrong. Rick
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2008, 08:34:43 AM »
Rick your not wrong I am wrong!! You are right so don't argue with me..
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Online Houndhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2008, 12:25:12 PM »
YOU think hound guys are taking opportunity away from YOU! now I get the picture. Well I don't condone running cats but it happens life goes on.

And how do you feel when someone outside your hunting party sets up on the trail and blasts at the animal you are chasing?

we say good for them cause we wasnt guna shoot it anyway

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2008, 05:14:52 PM »
we say good for them cause we wasnt guna shoot it anyway

Sure.

Offline bucklucky

• Old Salt
    • Charlie Smith
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2008, 08:06:44 PM »
 :dunno:

bearsnack

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2008, 10:20:20 PM »
billythekidrock, never had that happen I don't think I'd be to happy! I don't like anyone shooting game over my dogs unless I know the person is capable or I'm right there. People get to exited might shoot a dog or wound game and then my dogs get hurt. Then I would be f---ing pissed!  >:(

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2008, 05:32:24 AM »
billythekidrock, never had that happen I don't think I'd be to happy! I don't like anyone shooting game over my dogs unless I know the person is capable or I'm right there. People get to exited might shoot a dog or wound game and then my dogs get hurt. Then I would be f---ing pissed!  >:(

That is how I feel when I see guys running "coyotes" in the high snow.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Deadeyety
[Today at 05:12:44 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:12:42 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]