collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone know of this Hunting stand, Naches, Spring ck up from whistlin jacks  (Read 4483 times)

Offline RightPlace-RightTime

• Life is a collection of Memories-They are like starlight, They go on forever
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
For good reasons, i would like to talk to the person that made, modified this hunting stand,  There should have been a chair there already from myself,  This is a fall back spot for me. 
Lets say your on hwy 410, just past whistlin jacks you take spring creek road up.  When you take that rd you can look down on whistlin jacks as you go up.  You follow that road up near the top.  Then take a left.  When you make it to the top you have great view of mt rainier, but your at a saddle, park there,  then walk the saddle down and follow the ridge line right to this spot after a good hike,
Here are the pics of the modified spot,  I would like to talk to whoever did this for good reasons if your out there.

• Longhunter
Part two and another pic from my post up above,
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 10:18:37 AM »
Heres another pic of that stand. 

Offline NoBark

• Longhunter
Never been there, but if you left a chair there and expected it to still be there, that probably isn't a good expectation.  Just like this fella leaving whatever is under the black bag. I wouldn't be too hopefull it was there next time I came back.  In fact, maybe someone found your chair and thought it  was just more litter?   Your better off packing it in and packing it out.

Offline 280ackley

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
I agree with NoBark, probably shouldn't leave anything behind.  Well, I guess a trail timer camera or a tree stand I would leave for a while.  :dunno:
Life member: Washington Wild Sheep Foundation & NRA

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
Given that the tree is cut down I'm guessing the trail-camera was on the tree and someone cut the tree down to get the camera?...

Offline jimkirk

• Tracker
man that some damage to a pretty pristine looking spot. thats why i only mark my spots on my gps.
Kirk

Offline Ghost Hunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA Patron Life Member, RMEF Life, Sponser Member
Looks to me that a few trees were cut and drug in to make a ground blind?  A little excessive in my mind :dunno:  But know that we all know where it is, plan for company  :chuckle::hello: :hunter:
Economy failure = Too many people spending money they don't have on things they don't need to impress people they don't like.

• Longhunter
For one,  Only the person that made this spot would know along with me,  where it was. LOL, It would be very hard to find.  Im guessing the guy had a special tag or is a bow hunter.  You say everyone will go there now. lol again.  Spike elk for everyone that does not hit a special tag.  Im sure you can do better than that.
Two.  He actually cut live tress down to make this spot,  Not the best thing to do in my book.  The size of some of the trees, this was done by two people im guessin.  Its a great spot,  I just want to know whats behind the huge blind.  Meaning all the effort and leaving all you see, which was, three buckets, tarps, chair, case of water, etc. 
Three.  I was not expecting the chair to be there so no worries on that end. 
And for all saying not to be surprised about my original chair not being there next time, 
I know when i find a spot, like i have before,  I leave it alone.  As i didnt build it, and it was not my effort finding, scouting and making a home of a hunting spot.  I have respect for other peoples blinde/hunting spot.  Just like you dont crowd on a fishing hole,  There are way to many unsportsman like people around. 

Offline Ridinshotgun

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
 It looks like we don't need people like that in the woods. I'd be mad as heck also. They must be real sportsmen.
If it flies, it dies.

Offline hunterofelk

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
I've seen this type of stuff in Washington since I started hunting here in '88.  I've seen crude blinds, made like your example, elaborate creations like rock forttresses and cabins framed with poles and covered with blue tarps in every drainage I have ventured into.  Just to the east along Manastash ridge is a blind built like a log cabin.  Overlooks a great open vista.  Farther down the ridge you'll find several rock structures, some with stoves provided!  One blind has a great carved image of a naked lady in the surface of the gray deadwood log.  Like I mentioned earlier, I have never seen so many makeshift cabins.  I started hunting in Montana, and it seem like the leave no trace method was used more often.  It is rare to see a clean camp site here in Washington.

Offline Dansk

• Scout
I've seen this type of stuff in Washington since I started hunting here in '88.  I've seen crude blinds, made like your example, elaborate creations like rock forttresses and cabins framed with poles and covered with blue tarps in every drainage I have ventured into.  Just to the east along Manastash ridge is a blind built like a log cabin.  Overlooks a great open vista.  Farther down the ridge you'll find several rock structures, some with stoves provided!  One blind has a great carved image of a naked lady in the surface of the gray deadwood log.  Like I mentioned earlier, I have never seen so many makeshift cabins.  I started hunting in Montana, and it seem like the leave no trace method was used more often.  It is rare to see a clean camp site here in Washington.

hunterofelk - You are right.  This state is one of the worst.  That's the problem with Wa having one of the highest population-to-public land ratios in the western states- you get all kinds.  Building a stand out of rocks or deadfall is one thing- leaving behind equipment (looks like garbage to me), building structures, littering, and cutting down live trees crosses the line.  Finding buckets, a case of water, and trees that looks like a chainsaw was used smells of someone using an ATV as well. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]