collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Thank you Brian and Kelly  (Read 35032 times)

Offline Bofire

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Harley YAR YAR YAR!
Thank you Brian and Kelly
« on: January 26, 2008, 05:34:55 PM »
Hope I didn't spell your names wrong!!

The get together went off very well. Brian and his charming fiance Kelly took care of everything!

Had fun, met some great folks.

Carl
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:28:16 AM by Bofire »
When the chips are down..... the buffalo is empty!!

I do not shop at Amazon

Offline Buckshot Bill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
  • Just a YARnaby
Re: Thank you Brian and Kelly
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 05:40:20 PM »
Good to hear it was a good time.  I hope the folks on this site have another get together sometime.  I was in Tacoma all day watching my daughter bowl in high school districts.  Next week back to Tacoma for state!!! :)  I will do my best to get to the next gathering as I would love to meet some of you.  Maybe a summertime get-to-together with some seafood and wild game snacks and good stories!  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Offline tmike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 06:06:24 PM »
Nice meeting you Bofire and everyone else there. And way to step up Brian and Kelly for getting this together.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 06:33:58 PM »
Sorry I missed it.  I pulled weekend duty at work.  It woul have been nice to meet you all.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 06:57:38 PM »
It was good to put faces to names,eat some good chow and here some stories. And thanks to the hosts.

catwithboost

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 07:46:43 PM »
No thank you all for showing up. It was great. We will do it again when the weather gets nice and every one can bring there kids and we will have the pool. I got lots of pics and the group photo who can host them?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 07:56:29 PM by catwithboost »

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 08:31:23 PM »
yes that was a blast.had a great time. needed a break. thank's everyone who bought a call. . take care. Rick
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

catwithboost

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 08:32:39 PM »
Ok Rick get of the pc and get to making more for next time. LOL :drool:

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 08:48:38 PM »
It was a good time. Great to put some faces to the names. Thanks to everyone, esp. Brian and Kelly. :rockin:

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 08:59:44 PM »
You guys looked like a bunch of kids sounding off with those calls.  It was nice to drop in for a short moment and meet who was left.  :hello:

Offline Michelle_Nelson

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
  • Bring on the Bears!
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 09:05:22 PM »
WTHeck. . . . If I would have know you guys were going to hang out til 8pm I'd have come back!  Scott was getting a migrain and I had to take hime home.  :(

It was GREAT!  Great to put faces to some names on the board.  We have deffinatly got to do this again.

catwithboost

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 09:14:40 PM »
Ok some of the photos are being uploaded to photobucket as I type. I have the others on a other camera so those will have to wait till Sunday to do.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 09:32:43 PM by catwithboost »

catwithboost

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 09:35:24 PM »
More

Offline LongTatLaw

• Suckling Slayer!
  • Sourdough
  • My 2009 West WA - Shotgun kitty Kat
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 09:50:25 PM »
It was a great time and Im glad you set this up.

even though AJ kept flirting with me all day...right in front of my wife....lol ;)

Lets do it again!

dave

catwithboost

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 09:55:45 PM »
Thanks for bringing your baby Kelly wants one now.  :rolleyes:

Shadow Cat

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2008, 10:17:57 PM »
Brian and Kelly, all I can say is THANK YOU!!!! I had an opportunity to learn a few things today. I want to thank you both for your hospitality. I just talked to AJ and his suggestion was to do one just before turkey season and have me go over some turkey hunting stuff.

Bob
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 10:41:25 PM by Shadow Cat »

Offline smdave

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
    • My Photobooth
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2008, 10:22:39 PM »
Can you take the group photo and post names for the rest of us, sure wish I could have made it.

Dave
When I pass, do not let my wife sell the guns for what I told her they cost.

Shadow Cat

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2008, 10:44:10 PM »
A few more pics...

Offline Michelle_Nelson

• Old Salt
  • Bring on the Bears!
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 10:54:22 PM »
 :(  Alright thank you shadowcat for postingone of the most RETARTED photos ever taken of me while talking to Longtatlaw.   :P

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2008, 11:29:21 PM »
It was a great time and Im glad you set this up.

even though AJ kept flirting with me all day...right in front of my wife....lol ;)

Lets do it again!

dave

:chuckle: Thats bull $hit!!! :chuckle: lol....we all know it was the other way around ;). Cant believe you would bring your wife in to this.....LOL,
And i personnelly thought you and shadowcat had a thing going on there for a second anyways, LOL............ :chuckle:

First of all.... Brian and his wonderful fiance Kelly. Thank you so much!!! i would love to do this again. We should do a repeat right before april, not speaking for everyone but my opinion. Thought it might be good to go over some stuff before turkey season starts up. maybe talk about shed hunting some that ill be going on that time.share some cool bones. Already have a couple different ideas to make the next meet and greet entertaining also!!!

Wackmaster, always a blast. New hunting and fishing buddie. let me know when we got to get together and start shed hunting. ill talk to my buddie and well exchange some info on shed hunting his place!!!

Bearmanric thank you for the call sounds great!!! talk about quality and looks and a good price also!!! i will deffinantly buy another at the next meet and greet if you come. thanks for the raffle also, that was very consiterative of you  and alot of fun, Even though longtat bought all the tickets and won...... ;)

Bofire thanks for hooking me up with a quick learning corse on predator calling. Practiced some after you left and bearmanric and BTKR said it wasnt to bad...made Huntwa laugh a couple times also when we all started make the neiborhood dogs go crazy...... i used the call almost the whole way home and my cheeks are killing me now :chuckle: i think i am starting to get the hang of it. little more time and some more practice and ill be set. Willie im gonna get a handle up here and we are set to see some animals coyotes or bears....michelle, of course thank you! tmike..keep intouch about arizona.....And of course shadow cat, thank you and like you said "my house is your house".....

Well really i could go on more but really what it boils down to was this was alot of funand alot of information was exchanged and there was alot of stories told.... This was awesome......Till next time....................AJ

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 05:11:26 AM »
Well really i could go on more but really what it boils down to was this was alot of funand alot of information was exchanged and there was alot of stories told.... This was awesome......Till next time....................AJ

Luckily most of the stories seemed true and we didn't need the hip waders..lol

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2008, 07:15:29 AM »
You guys are going to inspire an eastside meeting this spring I can see that already.

We can play guess the member instead of guess the score.
 :chuckle:

Offline Head-shot

• General Underachiever
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2008, 07:24:14 AM »
I wanted to thank Brian and Kelly for hosting the get together, it was alot of fun. I really liked being able to put some faces with the names. Wish I could have stayed there longer but the trip back to Ellensburg was a bitch in places. Snoqaulmie Pass ended up closing eastbound right after the summit, so we sat there for almost 2hrs and watched it snow. My wife and I a great time talking with everyone. Longtat, shadowcat and BTKR we will have to get together and go kill something someday, I would like to maybe get out to your side of the hill someday.
Too bad it conflicted with so many other people's schedules...you missed a good time. Looking forward to the next one, hopefully the weather on my side is better and I can play longer.

Thanks again to all involved.

P.S  Longtat I knew I should have trumped you and threw a $10 in the raffle :chuckle:

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or destroy it, piss on it and walk away!

Offline LongTatLaw

• Suckling Slayer!
  • Sourdough
  • My 2009 West WA - Shotgun kitty Kat
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2008, 09:05:38 AM »
Let Kelly know she doesnt have to have her own baby...she can come get mine ANYTIME!!!!  Im not joking!! :chuckle:

Aj did get a little upset when I talked to shadowcat or anyone else... but dont worry buddy...theres lots of longtat to go around...hence the name...lol ;)

Head shot... thanks for dragging that kitty over the hill for me. I was expecting a house cat sized animal and a giant mountain lion stalking a full sized 250 pound mule deer is what you brought...lol  Thats cool with me... its already in the DEAD ROOM.  Sorry it took so long to get over the pass!

As for the tickets for the Calls...they said you could buy as many as you wanted...I figured 5$ was well worth 50$ worth of calls...guess I was RIGHT :P  of course...just like the other 7 calls Ive bought from BearManRic... its already "broken" :P :P :P  cause it sounded great when he worked it yesterday and sounds like a dying YAK when I use it....lol   Maybe one day Ill be able to purchase a call that still has rick attached to it...lol  then Ill kill something.

Im glad to hear that some of you fellas are gonna hunt turkey...I love it and havent been able for a few years... lets do it! Me. Bob, and AJ all in the woods at the same time... sounds like either lots of dead birds on the ground or a sick new movie based on Broke Back Mtn and Deliverance!!  FYI  I like women!! :P :

If Anyone wants company on a successful draw for spring bear...call me!!!  I hear its a different hunt and Im always game. Me and the wifey are gonna put in but should she get drawn its gonna be lots of road and truck hunting as she is already getting pretty damn big as can be seen in the pics. :o

It was fun folks... those that missed it... you missed out!  DONT DO IT AGAIN...lol

Lets do it again just before turkey and/or shed season...east side or west Ill BE THERE!
dave

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008, 09:16:12 AM »
Let Kelly know she doesnt have to have her own baby...she can come get mine ANYTIME!!!!  Im not joking!!

Just be cautious... that kid can jump!

catwithboost

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 09:27:22 AM »
Any time you guys deside you want to do it again just say so. I have no problem doing it again down here. It was fun to meet a greet bunch of people. :bow: The only thing that sucks I just noticed is the get togher post got deleted so I lost all those post number and got dropped down to hunter. :(

Offline huntingnut

• Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2008, 09:53:04 AM »
Sounds like I missed a good time. Hopefully we can get one together on the eastside, and I will make it.

catwithboost

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »
More photos

Offline wackmaster

• Longhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2008, 05:56:18 PM »
Thanks Brian and Kelly my wife and I had a great time. It was nice to meet everyone.There was alot of cool stories and food even thou coasthunterjay didn't really make the chili.Hope to do it again.
Get outdoors and enjoy life

Offline Coasthunterjay

• Sourdough
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2008, 06:26:36 PM »
Ouch ;)

catwithboost

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 08:06:48 PM »
Well I would have to say that AJ won the comedian award!

Offline MikeWalking

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Patches Pal
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 01:12:18 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( Sorry I missed it. I drove around for 2 hours looking for 3600 Fones Rd SE.  Couldn't fine it on google, mapquest. I asked at NAPA on Fones Rd, I even found a Fire station off 18th. They couldn't find 3600 Fones Rd SE.  I went thru some trailer parks and apartment complexes...no luck  no I have 15lbs of potato salad, 6 bags of chips. And I did get to witness 3 wrecks including one rollover.

So where did I go wrong?? :bash:

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 01:49:58 PM »
Is the potatoe chips and salad still good?
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Michelle_Nelson

• Old Salt
  • Bring on the Bears!
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 01:59:40 PM »
It was 1400.  not 3600

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Explorer
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 04:14:39 PM »
And I did get to witness 3 wrecks including one rollover.

I saw the results of one on my way there. It was on the offramp.

Offline Houndhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 06:26:06 PM »
>:( >:( >:( Sorry I missed it. I drove around for 2 hours looking for 3600 Fones Rd SE.  Couldn't fine it on google, mapquest. I asked at NAPA on Fones Rd, I even found a Fire station off 18th. They couldn't find 3600 Fones Rd SE.  I went thru some trailer parks and apartment complexes...no luck  no I have 15lbs of potato salad, 6 bags of chips. And I did get to witness 3 wrecks including one rollover.

i was just lookin to see how things went and i saw this. i mean i know it sucks but kinda funny seeing that you spent 2 hours looking for a street that wasnt there :chuckle:. if it helps, you made me laugh, espeicially the part bout how you now have 15lbs of tator salad and 6 bags of chips :chuckle:

Shadow Cat

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 08:30:31 PM »
ROFLMAOH!!!!   :chuckle:  :chuckle:  :chuckle:  :chuckle:  :chuckle: Did he tell you who made it?

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2008, 08:33:07 PM »

This gonna hurt but its across the street from NAPA  :chuckle:   Now about that tater salad?

catwithboost

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2008, 08:37:51 PM »
The bad thing is he pulled into the complex and if he drove around it he drove past us. Sorry you did not find us. It would have been fun to have more guys in the room calling. I had a tenant today ask if I new what was going on in the family center because her dogs kept barking.    :chuckle:

Offline MikeWalking

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Patches Pal
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 07:14:40 AM »
It is in Olympia address is 3600 fones rd se 98501 there is a link for mapquest posted in the tread. Drive in to the first
Stop sign and take a right and you will see it on the left. Find a place to park and come on in. You will see a small sign that says Family center.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=1400+Fones+RD+se.+Olympia+98501&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=73.296712,109.160156&ie=UTF8&ll=47.038106,-122.846889&spn=0.015881,0.02665&z=15&iwloc=addr&om=1 

I wondered why the map was to 1400 but the address posted was 3600 Fones as in the Intersection of 3600 & Fones??

At least my Coworkers think I'm a good guy for bringing in  tubs of tater & macaroni salad to share.   So what was the name of the complex? I know I drove through it.  The day wasn't a total loss. I was able to pick up an extra shift Saturday night and make back more than the day cost me. Real fun drive back to Seattle, like driving through a bowl of mashed potatoes.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:27:03 AM by MikeWalking »

catwithboost

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »
It is Bellwether Apartments

Offline saylean

• Team Slayer Packmule
  • Old Salt
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2008, 12:42:11 PM »
Looked like a blast....I hope to make it next time.. thanks for the pics.

Offline addicted

• Old Salt
  • The famous FootDog
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2008, 05:02:41 PM »
dang. this should be an anual thing. doesnt look like anyone was shot or got a DUI so it must have been at leas a semi-fricken-awesome time.

wish i could have gone.
"Right now, I am thinking that If my grandmother was here, she would be lecturing me about how there are poor people in Africa, that would just love to have a Ruger, I would just say "Great, granny, lets just ship all the Rugers to Africa!"

Loving life in the Great Northwest one day at a time.

It sounds like it's time to get a new gun.

catwithboost

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2008, 08:11:46 PM »
Well I got the place remodeled it took me 2 months of spare time. But it looks great. So I would be willing to host it any time. I had a lot of fun and so did Kelly.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]