collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Boyd Shelby, blacktail guide  (Read 21836 times)

Offline wildmanoutdoors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Boyd Shelby, blacktail guide
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 10:45:14 AM »
Theres some nice Deer up around Long Lake were I live Kow. Heck my buddy hunts on Horstman rd. near mile hill.

Offline Kowsrule30

• Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 08:05:38 PM »
Theres some nice Deer up around Long Lake were I live Kow. Heck my buddy hunts on Horstman rd. near mile hill.

I'm assuming those area's are bow only??? I know exactly where you are talking about... Never looked into those spots... Looked into one off Bay St.... The city said NO TOO HIGH PROFILE!!!!  :dunno:

Offline washelkhntr

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 08:10:41 PM »
Don't know if I am right on this, but I could swear that someone on here posted about his hunting expierence with him last year or the year before and how it was one of the biggest jokes ever.
"Once a Chief, always a Chief. Retired and Proud."

Offline gasman

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 08:14:45 PM »
Don't know if I am right on this, but I could swear that someone on here posted about his hunting expierence with him last year or the year before and how it was one of the biggest jokes ever.

:yeah:
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline MuleySniper

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 08:19:28 PM »

Weird. My grandparents lived on Baby Doll and my uncle lives on Horstman. Most people in that area barely have an acre. When you say hunting, do you mean with his pickup? :chuckle:
"Gun control is for wimps and commies. Listen, let's get one thing straight. Guns don't kill people. I do. "
Earl Ramsey

Offline clhutner

• Tracker
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 08:24:45 PM »
Dont know first hand but when I asked around here in Bremerton I did not hear anything good. Dont know the guy so do not know for sure but all had similar things to say.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 08:30:40 PM »
People are probably just jealous...

Offline gasman

• Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 08:31:02 PM »
I sort of remember him also hunting state land around Tahuya and having some private property he leases for hunting rights also.

I did sit through one of his seminars once and he was big on tree stands along river banks and trails in out of river beds and along fence line areas.
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline Dr. Death

• Longhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 06:49:16 AM »

:yeah:   :bdid:

Yep, be careful....might find yourself in a very uncomfortable situation....i.e tresspassing, sneaking around on private property, ducking cars and homeowners etc...He's well known around the area for lot's of reasons.

Offline croix

• Sourdough
  • 2005 Blacktail
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 07:32:32 AM »

I remember that as well. Someone had booked a coyote hunt I think and the guide showed up late, didn't have the right calls, drove around in the truck most of the time (made like 2 sets) and had to leave early. The person who booked him didn't pay the full price because he felt so ripped off.

I saw the seminar as well and didn't see that he had anything more recent than 2005. His website looks similar. Maybe he's just not the best spokesperson? He does seem to get it done though. I did learn a couple things listening to him and I enjoyed the video of the deer foaming at the mouth  :chuckle:
Live your life in such a way that if someone were to speak poorly of you, nobody would believe them.

Browning A-Bolt II, 30-06
Hoyt Alphamax 32, 70/28

Offline wildmanoutdoors

• Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 08:19:59 AM »

Weird. My grandparents lived on Baby Doll and my uncle lives on Horstman. Most people in that area barely have an acre. When you say hunting, do you mean with his pickup? :chuckle:

There are Deer all over the neighborhood. If you can catch them in the areas behind the cemetarty on Retsil all the way down to the treatment plant. If he catches one, which is easy, in his yard, Its down. There is a new development going in on the lower part of Horstman also.

Also some area on the East side of the cemetary. We checked it out this year with the county as well the Sheriffs office. And anything East of 16 is bow only.

Personally, I dont hunt there or that way. But he is very tight on money so he makes due. He's pretty good at researching county and city stuff to find out whats legal. I personally think its kinda on edge, Lol

Offline Kowsrule30

• Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 11:12:06 AM »

There are Deer all over the neighborhood. If you can catch them in the areas behind the cemetarty on Retsil all the way down to the treatment plant. If he catches one, which is easy, in his yard, Its down. There is a new development going in on the lower part of Horstman also.

Also some area on the East side of the cemetary. We checked it out this year with the county as well the Sheriffs office. And anything East of 16 is bow only.

Personally, I dont hunt there or that way. But he is very tight on money so he makes due. He's pretty good at researching county and city stuff to find out whats legal. I personally think its kinda on edge, Lol

I use to go off Old Clifton a lot... And Lake Flora... Then all the brush pickers took over...  :'(

Offline wildmanoutdoors

• Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2010, 11:22:13 AM »
Grew up in sunnyslope. Know what ya mean. Fiegly used to be good.

Whole place is developed pretty much now.. :'(

Offline MuleySniper

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2010, 12:39:07 PM »
Thats funny. I know that cemetery. My mom lives right up the hill from it on Lindstrom. My uncle off of Horstman has a fairly big chunk of land. Im sure you've seen his place. the old white house at the bottom of the hill with the big yard, lots of chevy cars parked all over along with tons of other *censored* and about 5 pitbulls. Probably no deer in his yard :chuckle: Yeah, I don't make it over to see him very often.. :chuckle:
MS
"Gun control is for wimps and commies. Listen, let's get one thing straight. Guns don't kill people. I do. "
Earl Ramsey

Offline wildmanoutdoors

• Sourdough
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 01:51:34 PM »
I go by your uncles place all the time. And Rusty lives at Horstman and Babydoll. We always head thru Retsil to get downtown.

Small world.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal