collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Survival Bracelets.  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Kain

• Scalpless
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • VantuckyKain
Survival Bracelets.
« on: February 13, 2010, 12:24:14 AM »
Survival bracelets are a great way to always have 6-7 feet of 550 paracord with you.  A lot of you already know how useful this stuff is.  It is very strong (550 lbs test), fast drying and rot proof nylon.  The cord can be used for anything from securing gear, making shelters, boot laces, making splints, and many, many other uses.  It also has a 7 strand nylon core that can be used for fishing line, snares, thread and more.  Single color bracelets are a solid piece of cord at least 6 feet long.  Two tone bracelets are made from two different strands that are at least 3 feet long each.

Currently I have Black, Olive Drab Green, and Dessert Sand cord.  Trying to find a good supplier for other colors.  Measure your wrist and add a half inch to inch depending on how loose you want it.  These bracelets are done with a Solomon bar weave (also called a cobra or snake weave).  I will also be making them in Slate's rescue weave.  This will be a weave that can be unraveled much faster and be easier for cold fingers.  I will post pictures when I get one done.

Lanyard knot and loop fastener.  $7

Plastic side clip fastener.  $8

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:34:56 PM by Kain »

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal