collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: april 15th  (Read 13573 times)

Offline Phantom Gobbler

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Re: april 15th
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2010, 09:21:18 AM »
This Phantom Gobbler will be chasing Phantom Easterns in Western Kentucky this year.   :)  Wish me luck!

I will leave the Western Washington Phantoms for you die-hards to chase.  May the force be with you this year!   :chuckle: :chuckle:

I will be heading over to NE WA for the opener again this year to try for Mountain Merriams!

I think you will find that the eastern kentucky birds are far from phantoms...they're everywhere!! you should have a great hunt. we were there one year and drove to a shooting club and there was turkeys in every field along the way.

Still looking for my first Eastern so I'm looking forward to chasing some in Kentucky.  It will be the last week of the season so it should be challenging....................... :dunno:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:26:27 PM by Phantom Gobbler »
"When a wild turkey vanishes, after seeing a man, depend on it, bank on it, he's gone." - Archibald Rutledge

Shine Box Turkey Calls Pro Staff

Offline turkey slayer

• Sourdough
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2010, 10:07:30 AM »
Sounds like you just have to pull the trigger Phantom, should be fun chasing around those big ol eastern long beards

Offline KimberRich

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2010, 12:53:49 PM »
Good luck buddy. I have basically 2 or 3 areas where I've been told people have seen Turkeys, or heard them. (Easterns). I have seen the J hooked scat in capitol forest, but thats it. I will probably give it another go myself, but time is a little more limited this year, so I'm going after the 'sure thing'.

"Sure thing" ??? Hope your not talking about the birds on the eastern part of the state..  Definitely not a sure thing. 

Offline Phantom Gobbler

• Longhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2010, 10:30:56 PM »
Sounds like you just have to pull the trigger Phantom, should be fun chasing around those big ol eastern long beards

Sure wanted to pull the trigger on a gobbler last spring hunting in the Smokey Mountains....................but I'm the one who ended up gettin "smoked."  Those wiley Eastern Ridge Runners can be super elusive!   :bash:
"When a wild turkey vanishes, after seeing a man, depend on it, bank on it, he's gone." - Archibald Rutledge

Offline ridgefire

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2010, 10:50:55 PM »
good luck phantom when r u going to florida to try for the osciolla (sp)

Offline Phantom Gobbler

• Longhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2010, 09:36:59 PM »
good luck phantom when r u going to florida to try for the osciolla (sp)

Maybe someday if the economy bounces back.  Guided hunts in Florida for Oceola's are the most expensive both in travel costs and outfitter fees.  Only one place to get the Grand Florida Swamp Tom....... so it's limited supply and big demand to get the Slam. 

:cryriver:

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal