collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: How much Hydrogen peroxide to give to make dog vomit!  (Read 32119 times)

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
How much Hydrogen peroxide to give to make dog vomit!
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:31:26 PM »
How much Hydrogen peroxide to give to make dog vomit!
1oz  Per dog should be sufficient. Shot glass amount!

Well my 3month old Chessie ate some kind of fiber/tire sealant goop that came out of a used tire i was demounting.. I didn't think he got much but there is rubber and wood fiber to soak up some of the solution..... MOST of this stuff is water soluble and not toxic but the really good stuff has the sameactive ingredient as ANTIFREEZE!  :yike: So i opened  up his mouths and poured about 10 ounces in his mouth to make him puke and about 5 went all over.... He proceded to puke up his lunch and i felt better(much better than him). I was getting ready to take him to the vet and he started puking blood. not much but i hurried to the vet... He puked a bunch of blood at the vets office.... They said OK well test for the glycol and treat your dog for your overdose.... Test came back neg for the glycol and he seems to be doing better right now... This all went down about noon.   My brother in law saved his wife's dog by giving it hydrogen peroxide after it ate a brick of rat poison... That were i came up with the genius idea to drowned my dog with the hydro..   :bash:  just thought I'd pass on what the vet told me to save everyone else the same problem $360 bucks later... Friggin mutt is more of a pig than a dog... steals the carrots out of my lunch sack.  :bash: Pretty much my dog would have been OK if i hadn't OD-ed him... He should live, and I will learn.
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline bucklucky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
    • Charlie Smith
Re: How much Hydrogen peroxide to give to make dog vomit!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »
Table spoon is all it takes ....geez . Done it a few tines with my Rock eater.

Offline waoutdoorsman

• Scout
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 04:38:16 PM »
Gotta love hydrogen peroxide, saved us a trip to the vet after our mutt ate a box of decon
Chupacabra: Spanish for mangy coyote.

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 04:39:29 PM »
Hopefully you can get it done with only a table spoon or so.  I had my Golden eat a bunch (and I mean a BUNCH) of Chocolate once a few years ago.  I tried feeding her HP to get her to throw up, but she just wouldn't.  I think I gave her 3 doses.  She would gag, then look at me like "God, that was awfull", and then start wagging her tail.  After the 3rd dose I called the vet.  He said to stop dosing her and just watch.  He said that only certain kinds of chocolate will hurt them.  She never suffered any ill effects, so I guess she was fine. :dunno:  
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 08:07:09 PM »
My old shepard ate a solid pound of M&M's with no ill effects... :dunno:
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 08:12:31 PM »
some dogs will die from chocolate and some it will have no affect on but its not worth the risk to me. sorry to hear about the bum deal with your dog. you just gave a bit much like said 1 table spoon will do.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 06:32:50 AM »
well he's up and running around like a puppy should this morning... Apparently even puking his guts up can't slow him down. :)
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline GoldTip

• Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 06:42:03 AM »
Funny, they were just talking about this very same subject on the news this morning here in Spokane.  With the recent random poisoning of dogs on the south hill here, they found that the poisonous meat balls being tossed in peoples yards is laced with strychnine, the active ingredient in Decon.  SO they were saying to give the dog some HP about one ounce if you see him eating something that you don't recognize in your yard.

Now, will throw in my  :twocents:on the subject of random dog poisonings.  First and foremost I hope the SOB who is doing it is caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  And if I had my druthers, you would be force fed a box of Decon yourself you miserable piece of excrement, so that you too could experience the horrible death these dogs died from, having their internal organs hemorrhage and bleeding to death on the inside.  And you would be alive long enough to watch me get just giddy while giggling with glee at watching your misery.  There is a special place in hell for people who do this.  

Sorry to hijack the thread and glad to hear your dog is fine.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:31:05 AM by GoldTip »
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
If I ageed with you, then we'd both be wrong.
You are never to old to learn something stupid.

Offline ribka

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
  • That's what she said
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 06:58:42 AM »
Thanks for reminding me of this tip. Make sure to keep a bottle handy around the house.

Goldtip. Feel the same regarding the guy poisoning dogs around Spokane.

Unfortunately people caught doing this only receive a small fine.

Offline quadrafire

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 01:30:59 PM »

Strychnine is an ingredient in mole, gopher, coyote poison. Causes severe neurologic problems, leading to seizures/death.
Decon and several other rodenticides use chemicals that decrease the bodies ability to form blood clots. and the animals will bleed to death(usually internally).
Both these products taste good to dogs so keep them out of reach!!!!

Both are bad but the decon is easily treatable if caught early enough.

peroxide is great to keep at home for emesis. Lab size dog 2 tablespoons is usually adequte. You should keep some on hand for skunk spray as well.
Mix 1QT peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and one tsp dawn dish detergent. Bath dog with this mixture and rinse well.

Offline steen

• Women's Board
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 02:27:42 PM »

When I was a kid I used to and still eat chocolate chips.  I'd grab them on the way out to the milking parlor and the dog would alway beg for them.  I'd throw him 5-6 and he'd catch all of them almost every time.  That was before I knew it was poison to them.  He is the only dog we had on the farm that died of old age.  He was a Noreigen Elk Hound.  Very good watch dog and very loyal.  The chocolate was milk chocolate.  Never had a dog that you had to worry about eating anything and everything, thank goodness. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]