collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: $10 Penalty  (Read 8435 times)

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
Re: $10 Penalty
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 09:42:56 PM »
lots of people get wacked on them 10 fees. and fish and wildlife send out info saying for people to report one of the few things that i like even though i get them in its still nice that they try one of the few things i like about the current system
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline nw_bowhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 09:46:31 PM »
I'm not on the email list.. I think the reports have no value due to the fact that hunters can skew the results to benefit them if they choose.

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 09:48:34 PM »
I got a call last nite saying my son's hunter report hadn't been done and they wanted to do it over the phone. I said I had already done it and told them to double check which he did and said sorry sir you are correct it is already done. This guy worked for a vendor the state hired to do these reports and I am sure they get paid based on how many they do so could it be that they might be calling people that they know have already done the reports to try and make more money off the state?? Same thing happened to my brother last year, sounds a little fishy and could be unknowingly costing wdfw money. :dunno: nwhunter

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 07:40:28 AM »
They want you to report it so they can run all there spread sheets and data as this tool is used to set up the following seasons.  A high harvest in one area might bring tighter restrictions for the following year etc.  They are charging you for not supplying the needed data to produce accurate reports.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 08:14:47 AM »
Ya know, the more I think about this...

Screw them. Let wildlife do its own work. The data provided by hunters is not important anyway, is it? I wouldn't trust it. They need to do their job of game management, and stoptrying to rely on faulty data, and stop worrying about hunters filling out forms...

So if I refuse, for a few years in a row, and pay my fines...do they start doubling, will they take away my ability to go hunt? Fthem.
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 08:23:32 AM »
You could always report as soon as you purchase your tags so that you don't forget...... ;)
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 09:49:57 AM »
Data from hunters is the most important tool wildlife managers have. I don't know why everybody wouldn't want to do their part to provide accurate information to the biologists. It's good information for us too after it's all compiled and the harvest reports are available for all to see on the WDFW website.

Offline let.it.fly

• Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 10:05:24 AM »
yeah they called me last week. the guy wasnt sure what he was talking about. he asked me about my bear tag and if i filled it, i said yes, (heres your sign) he then asks me what kind of bear it was. i told him koalla. if the wfdw web site says 1 koalla taken in 454, its me. lol :chuckle:

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 10:14:30 AM »
 :chuckle: :chuckle:  That is funny, let.it.fly....  :chuckle:

May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline heavy hauler

• Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 07:54:05 PM »
  i  remeber back in the day, before al gore invented the internet ,you had to mail in  hunter reports.  this system is for gathering data for sure  but  it also gathers   money.  harvest a animal ,tag it and turn in your harvest report card late    and then tell  me  its not to generate funds. :bdid:   
you cant eat the horns, but backstraps look like crap on my wall!!!!

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 08:08:44 PM »
If people don't report their harvest they could always do what WI does and require you to bring your animal in to a check station within a day or two of kill and in the county of kill or an adjacent one!  We have it pretty easy.

Personally, I like the big visible back tag number that WI requires.  Makes for a little more accountability in the field.   :twocents:

Offline cwuwildcat

• Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 08:15:56 PM »
OK, here goes.  This is a true story.  I was an adjuster for an insurance company years ago.  I took a claim for a vehicle with flood damage.  I talked to the lady and found out her story.  She was driving down a road, and it was flooded over by a river.  Her car got stuck in the flood waters and destroyed.  I asked her if she had any warning that the road was flooded.  She said yeah, there was a sign.  I asked her, what sign.  "well, there was a sign in the road that said 'road closed due to flooding', or something like that."  (it was one of those temporary barricade signs that folds out like a sawhorse.) I asked her what she did.  She said she drove around it, and then got her car stuck in the water.  She didn't think it was her fault, and wanted to sue whoever put out the sign.  I asked her why.  She said they should have made the sign big enough that she couldn't drive around it.  I just laughed at her and told her it was her fault, her POS car was totaled and her deductible.  

I tell that story to tell this one.  If you ignore the signs, IT'S YOUR FAULT!  It's posted in the regs that you've got to report, it's on their website, they call you, they email you, and if I'm not mistaken, it might even be on your license somewhere.  (I don't have mine on me, and I'm out of town, so forgive me the gods of hunt-wa that will instantly correct me on this!).  Short of knocking on your door and stapling it to your forehead, what else can they do to get you to do something so damn simple?  Don't be so damned paranoid that they're trying to get money from you.  They tell you exactly how to avoid having to pay.  You don't even have to get off your lazy A$$'s to comply.  If you can read this post, you can report to them.  It's called the internet.  If you are reading this, you have access to the internet.  Stop making excuses for being lazy, ignorant or stubborn.  If you intentionally don't report, the cost of subversion is $10.  Big deal.
The only difference between a butt kisser and a brown noser is depth perception.

Offline heavy hauler

• Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 08:54:57 PM »
the lady in your story did  something that wasnt real smart. but it was her ACTION  that caused her  to have a accident. why should you get   a fine for INACTION?
you cant eat the horns, but backstraps look like crap on my wall!!!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]