collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Good deals at REI  (Read 5243 times)

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
    • https://www.instagram.com/steve.bell.actionshooter/
Good deals at REI
« on: February 03, 2008, 07:55:27 PM »
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up www.rei-outlet.com has a really good sale going on right now plus an additional 20% of your most expensive item.
 Steve

sisu

Re: Good deals at REI
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:13:38 AM »
The other thing to check out with REI is their Spring Garage Sale if they do it the same way as in 1999-2003. You need to buy tickets, $1 each. Try to but until you can get one that registers under 300. If you spend 10 bucks and come up with nothing better than 500 it's still OK, but 300 and lower is great. Deals at this sale are any where from 50% off Retail to 85%. The stuff can be used for photo shoots, used by customers and returned, discontinued stuff etc. Bring several garbage bags and a head lamp as lighting is terrible in their "basement" area of the main Seattle Flagship Store.

Offline Alchase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 12:17:57 PM »
FYI, I shop at REI way more then I should and a couple years ago I had problems with a pair of Vasque Goretex boots. REI does have the most awesome return policy so when my boot started leaking within the first six months I took them back and they refunded me my cost. I asked the clerk who was helping me what they do with the stuff that is returned? Her reply was "We sell them in the Garage Sale and the outpost on-line". I said "but they leak? Her reply was "yes I know but we discount them" That was the last time I bought anything from their garage sale.
The good part is everything the sell at the garage sale is fully warrantied.
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 08:00:45 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, never went to the garage sale. Sounds like cabelas bargain cave.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 09:41:53 PM »
REI==return everything incorporated.

my wife bought a pair of vasque backpacking boots and after limited use because of comfort issues, she took them back....2 years later...they gave her full credit towards a new pair with no receipt....as long as she "cleaned them up as good as possible"

they do have some screamin deals from time to time and i have spent more time and money in their redmond store than i should too.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline MikeWalking

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Patches Pal
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 08:01:01 AM »
Ohh...dividend time..that's right...hmm just in time for a new stove..

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 09:02:44 AM »
Mike what kind of a stove are you looking at getting now?
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline M_ray

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 09:22:09 AM »
Thanks for that Steve, there are some things I need and you just saved me some money!
DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed here are not those of HW Management, Admins, Mods or Myself... But they are the opinions of Elvis who has revealed them to me through the medium of my pet hamster, Lee Harvey Oswald...

MB

Growing old is mandatory ... Growing up is optional!

Offline MikeWalking

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Patches Pal
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 02:13:38 PM »
Mike what kind of a stove are you looking at getting now?

Well I want a big 2 burner for the jeep but I think I can find a better deal at Outdoor Emporium. I also want to replace my MSR Whisper light (whisper my a**) Thinking real hard about the Jetboil.

Offline actionshooter

• Past Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 08:12:20 PM »
WOW, I'm playing with my new stuff right now, ordered it on Sunday night! Got a new goose down vest and one of the OR Exped insulated sleeping pads.  :)

Offline Alchase

• Explorer
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 12:51:26 PM »
Jackalope, I use to love Vasque boots, I have since found out (after having two pairs go bad within a year) that Vasque outsources all their manufacturing to China now. When you pay that much for boots they should last 20 years. Now I use Asolo's Powermatic 400s.
Dividends! I forgot about that. I spent so much after Christmas that I would feel guilty spending more money for a while anyway.....but dividends give me an excuse spend without the guilt, LOL
Only 2 defining forces sacrificed themselves for you:
The American Soldier and Jesus Christ. One died for your freedom, the other for your soul.

My rock,
He trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle.
Psalm 144.1

Offline MikeWalking

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Patches Pal
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 06:31:52 AM »
Jackalope, I use to love Vasque boots, I have since found out (after having two pairs go bad within a year) that Vasque outsources all their manufacturing to China now. When you pay that much for boots they should last 20 years. Now I use Asolo's Powermatic 400s.
Dividends! I forgot about that. I spent so much after Christmas that I would feel guilty spending more money for a while anyway.....but dividends give me an excuse spend without the guilt, LOL

Well I must have gotten the last good pair.  I'm on my 2nd pair of Vasque Boots. They've been resoled twice and are due ASAP for the 3rd soles.  210-220$? Had'em about 7 years. I'm sure the soles would have lasted longer if I wasn't wearing them at work almost everyday.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal